This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Spent like 4 hours at the recruiting office today, signed over 30 forms.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m really curious what the acceptance rate is for those who have made it to this step, sure is a lot of work to be ultimately rejected lol.

Phase II does not include any fitness test just your typical medical/physical exams, paperwork and fingerprinting!
Thanks! Do you know when we have to do the fitness test then?

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m really curious what the acceptance rate is for those who have made it to this step, sure is a lot of work to be ultimately rejected lol.
Based on the info session I went to in January: 400 app reviewed, 60-80 go through Phase I (interviews), 50-60 phase II, and ultimately 32 seats offered. But since Air Force & Navy already made their decisions, only 24 seats are left

Did the recruiting office contact you separately? The only email I've gotten so far is saying I made it to phase II. Haven't heard from any recruiters yet

Thanks! Do you know when we have to do the fitness test then?
I'm honestly not sure, I made it through Phase II last year and was placed on the OML (waitlist) but was never asked to complete a fitness test. My guess is only those accepted are required to do it. In terms of recruiting office/recruiter, mine last year contacted me in the next 1-2 weeks after receiving the Phase II email, because I went through this process last year and am working with the same recruiting office as last year, my recruiter for this year contacted me early. It is honestly just luck of the draw when your recruiter contacts you, some contact early and others wait, if you don't hear from a recruiter by the end of next week, I would contact the program (both contacts listed in the email we received) and your local health recruiter. I had to contact them last year about changing recruiters because I was moving last year, and they were very helpful in the process!

Based on the info session I went to in January: 400 app reviewed, 60-80 go through Phase I (interviews), 50-60 phase II, and ultimately 32 seats offered. But since Air Force & Navy already made their decisions, only 24 seats are left
I thought the army had 50 seats?

Did the recruiting office contact you separately? The only email I've gotten so far is saying I made it to phase II. Haven't heard from any recruiters yet
I was contacted by an army recruiter on November 28th. I’ve spoken to him multiple times every day ever since then. He told me to come in to the office because there was a mountain of paperwork to sign. While I was there I got my finger prints taken, and had my drivers license, social security, and birth certificate scanned. I also had an appointment scheduled for MEPS in a few days. My recruiter says he’s trying to get through all of my paperwork quickly, and that we are very ahead of schedule.

How is it going all? I have a few questions and some background. I apologize if this is not the right place to ask such questions, the reason I ask here is because I am interested in the Army-Baylor DPT program. If this is not the right place, does anyone know of a better place?

Which part of a student's GPA does admissions for this program look into? Is it the overall GPA or pre-requisite/major GPA only? And what are way to increase a GPA after having been graduated for 8 years already?

My college GPA (graduated in 2014) is 3.44. I am currently in the process of retaking expired pre-requisites. Assuming I receive strait As on all prerequisite courses, in addition to a few other major related courses, my GPA will only be able to increase to 3.63, which seems far from great for applying to this program. Many of my elective/liberal arts classes, which may not have related classes in other institutes, are holding my GPA down significantly.

Is this a situation where the admissions staff might consider the GPA that I receive in recent classes (the classes I will be taking in the next coming years)? Or will they be looking at my entire collegiate academic history? If they look at the entire collegiate academic history, is there any advice anyone has on how to improve my overall GPA past the 3.7 range?

Curious if anyone could comment on the overall culture of this program? Is the cohort friendly and interactive. Is there opportunity to partake in extracurricular activities and form friendships?

Does anyone know when DCC and BOLC would be upon acceptance? On the website, I know it says you typically report around the mid-end of August, but my recruiter mentioned he thinks it is sometime in June or July. Just curious if anyone else has any information.

Does anyone know when DCC and BOLC would be upon acceptance? On the website, I know it says you typically report around the mid-end of August, but my recruiter mentioned he thinks it is sometime in June or July. Just curious if anyone else has any information.
Never mind, my recruiter reached out to the program and confirmed the report date to be mid/end of August

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you already been accepted or are still waiting for the review in march?
Still waiting for March but I had some life plans happening in July so I wanted to make sure nothing would interfere just in case

Still waiting for March but I had some life plans happening in July so I wanted to make sure nothing would interfere just in case
Ah makes sense, are you done with all the paperwork and MEPS stuff? Just waiting now?

Ah makes sense, are you done with all the paperwork and MEPS stuff? Just waiting now?
Yep, got everything turned in just before Feb 9th and now anxiously waiting to hear back. From what I've gathered, we should hear back the week of Mar 13, but I'm hoping we might get notice sooner.

Yep, got everything turned in just before Feb 9th and now anxiously waiting to hear back. From what I've gathered, we should hear back the week of Mar 13, but I'm hoping we might get notice sooner.
Oh shoot that's soon haha. Best of luck to you!

I heard from my recruiter the board convenes on March 10, then we hear back within 3 weeks of their convening.
Are you guys accepting offers to civilian schools if you don’t get a spot at Army-Baylor, or is it Army-Baylor or bust?
Good luck to everyone, can’t believe we’ve made it this far. I never even expected to get an interview lol

I heard from my recruiter the board convenes on March 10, then we hear back within 3 weeks of their convening.
Are you guys accepting offers to civilian schools if you don’t get a spot at Army-Baylor, or is it Army-Baylor or bust?
Good luck to everyone, can’t believe we’ve made it this far. I never even expected to get an interview lol
I have accepted an offer from a civilian PT school but am trying to remain optimistic on the Army Baylor Program. Now just to wait and sit in anxiety, good luck!

Hello everyone, I have applied to the Army-Baylor DPT program before (didn’t get accepted) and now currently getting my masters in Sports Medicine while in ROTC. I would like to connect with someone in the program who graduated and commissioned through ROTC. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back after Phase II!

I've also committed and paid a deposit to a civilian school. Planning on withdrawing if I get into Army Baylor though!
Also never expected to get this far either. I'm eagerly waiting to hear back bc I just wanna know and finally tell ppl where I'm going next year haah. Good luck everyone!

Last day that the board is meeting! We should be finding out soon good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
We hear from our recruiter who is emailed by the program I believe. The last two years I think found out on the Thursday following the board so hopefully today is the day.

If someone finds out first you gotta let us know here so we can ask our recruiters haha

I was selected! I made a GroupMe for our class, feel free to join at the link below!

Spoke with my recruiter and I was selected as well! I am active duty currently, if anyone has any questions about the Army I'd be happy to help. Good luck and congratulations!

Just heard from my recruiter and I was offered a spot as well.

I got OML as well, congrats to everyone for getting here :D
Anyone got any idea how many people get wait listed?

Does anyone know anyone who's been through the program and can answer questions??

I got OML as well, congrats to everyone for getting here :D
Anyone got any idea how many people get wait listed?
based on the info session I went to, it said 3-7 waitlist spots are offered each year

Anyone from the accepted class for 2024, would you be willing to look over any packet essays and give tips on making sure it is as competitive as possible? Thank you!