This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My Army Baylor confirmation email came a few day after the PTCAS submission. It was a standard email that basically they had received it and was under review and that they would reach out if they had any questions. It came directly from Army- Baylor.
It’s weird that I didn’t receive one. I tried reaching out to them about after seeing that everyone got one, and they just sent a form email that said “Thank you for your interest in the U.S. Army-Baylor Doctor of Physical Therapy Program. You will receive correspondence regarding your application via email. All applicants will receive results by 15 NOV.”

Members don't see this ad.

It’s weird that I didn’t receive one. I tried reaching out to them about after seeing that everyone got one, and they just sent a form email that said “Thank you for your interest in the U.S. Army-Baylor Doctor of Physical Therapy Program. You will receive correspondence regarding your application via email. All applicants will receive results by 15 NOV.”
I'm sure they received it- it all goes through PTCAS. Let's hope we hear something soon! I have 5 other interviews scheduled but Army -Baylor is my first pick!

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, I don't mind sharing my stats! The stats from this year are pretty similar to my stats last year when I applied, and I was placed on the OML (waitlist).
Undergraduate Degree: B.S. in General Biology at Lynn University ('18-'21)
Overall GPA: 4.0
Observation Hours: around 2,500 total (410 acute/inpatient rehab, 102 at a military clinic, the remaining is from several outpatient clinics where I observed peds, aquatic, neuro, pelvic, sports therapy, etc).
Work Experience: I've worked two technician jobs: currently a facility technician in an outpatient clinic. Previously a technician in a hospital where I helped with therapy; I mainly worked with post-surgical, ICU, CVICU, COVID Care, Psych Ward and aided in wound care (the hospital I worked at had therapist do the wound care for the whole hospital).
Extracurricular: Student-Athlete in College (XC/Track); SAAC Representative for Women's XC/Track; Supplemental Instruction Leader; Research Assistant; Presented Reasearch at Florida Undergraduate Research Conference; Published two Research Paper/Projects through my school.
GRE: 150V 153Q and 4.5AW

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure they received it- it all goes through PTCAS. Let's hope we hear something soon! I have 5 other interviews scheduled but Army -Baylor is my first pick!
Let’s hope so! Congratulations on landing the other interviews as well!

Yeah, I don't mind sharing my stats! The stats from this year are pretty similar to my stats last year when I applied, and I was placed on the OML (waitlist).
Undergraduate Degree: B.S. in General Biology at Lynn University ('18-'21)
Overall GPA: 4.0
Observation Hours: around 2,500 total (410 acute/inpatient rehab, 102 at a military clinic, the remaining is from several outpatient clinics where I observed peds, aquatic, neuro, pelvic, sports therapy, etc).
Work Experience: I've worked two technician jobs: currently a facility technician in an outpatient clinic. Previously a technician in a hospital where I helped with therapy; I mainly worked with post-surgical, ICU, CVICU, COVID Care, Psych Ward and aided in wound care (the hospital I worked at had therapist do the wound care for the whole hospital).
Extracurricular: Student-Athlete in College (XC/Track); SAAC Representative for Women's XC/Track; Supplemental Instruction Leader; Research Assistant; Presented Reasearch at Florida Undergraduate Research Conference; Published two Research Paper/Projects through my school.
GRE: 150V 153Q and 4.5AW
Thank you so much. You're the best!!!!

I just got contacted for an interview yesterday! Submitted my application on September 14th

Congratulations! Did you receive a confirmation email when you submitted your application from Army Baylor?

Hey everyone! I’ve asked several of you about this, but I would like some advice. Everyone on here received a confirmation email from Army Baylor stating that they had received their application after submitting it. I did not receive one. I submitted my application on September 5th and it was verified in PTCAS on September 7th. About 3 weeks ago, I reached out to them about my concerns and they replied back with a form email that didn’t answer my question. As the deadline is fastly approaching, I’m torn with what to do next. I’m very concerned that I’m the only person in this forum that didn’t receive one, with no follow up at all from Army Baylor. This makes me wonder if they received it at all. I know it’s through PTCAS, but technology has malfunctioned before. What would you do in my shoes?

Congratulations! Did you receive a confirmation email when you submitted your application from Army Baylor?
Thanks! Yes I received a confirmation email from Army Baylor on September 19th. If I were you I would try calling them instead of emailing and see if you can get a hold of someone that way just to make sure.

Hey everyone! I’ve asked several of you about this, but I would like some advice. Everyone on here received a confirmation email from Army Baylor stating that they had received their application after submitting it. I did not receive one. I submitted my application on September 5th and it was verified in PTCAS on September 7th. About 3 weeks ago, I reached out to them about my concerns and they replied back with a form email that didn’t answer my question. As the deadline is fastly approaching, I’m torn with what to do next. I’m very concerned that I’m the only person in this forum that didn’t receive one, with no follow up at all from Army Baylor. This makes me wonder if they received it at all. I know it’s through PTCAS, but technology has malfunctioned before. What would you do in my shoes?
Last year when I applied, no one had received an email from the program itself about a confirmation email. To my knowledge this is the first time that confirmation emails have been sent. Like another member said, I would attempt calling the program rather than emailing and see if you get new information through that way. I agree PTCAS and other technology can malfunction, both last year and this my application to Army-Baylor almost was not verified because my GRE test scores were not "Officially Attached" to my application and I had to call several companies (GRE, Army-Baylor, PTCAS) In order for them to get "officially attached" to my application. It probably wouldn't hurt to check the status of your application through PTCAS and make sure that you have met all requirements and that all transcripts/test scores were "officially attached" to your application. I hope that they just forgot or neglected to email you and it's not a bigger issue. Wish you all the luck!

Last year when I applied, no one had received an email from the program itself about a confirmation email. To my knowledge this is the first time that confirmation emails have been sent. Like another member said, I would attempt calling the program rather than emailing and see if you get new information through that way. I agree PTCAS and other technology can malfunction, both last year and this my application to Army-Baylor almost was not verified because my GRE test scores were not "Officially Attached" to my application and I had to call several companies (GRE, Army-Baylor, PTCAS) In order for them to get "officially attached" to my application. It probably wouldn't hurt to check the status of your application through PTCAS and make sure that you have met all requirements and that all transcripts/test scores were "officially attached" to your application. I hope that they just forgot or neglected to email you and it's not a bigger issue. Wish you all the luck!
Thank you for your advice! I did attempt to call Army Baylor and the number listed on their APTA directory page actually doesn’t go to them. It just states that it hasn’t been set up and it hangs up on you. As far I know, it’s the only phone number I’ve found that is related them. If anyone else has one, then I’m more than willing to attempt it. I even called actual Baylor University and they gave me the same information, number, and email listed. I’ll definitely start looking at PTCAS as well as GRE to see if anything is happening on their end. I hope it’s nothing, but I don’t want to bet my potential chance of getting an interview on it. Do you think certain email types could’ve lost it? (I.e yahoo, gmail, outlook)

Thanks! Yes I received a confirmation email from Army Baylor on September 19th. If I were you I would try calling them instead of emailing and see if you can get a hold of someone that way just to make sure.
Thank you for the advice! I did try calling the number on their APTA directory page, and it said it was set up but you couldn’t go through with the call and it hung up on me. I even tried calling Baylor University and they didn’t have much of a different answer. They gave me the same information, number, and email that I already had. Like another member said, I may need to like at PTCAS or GRE for information

For those of you that have had interviews- how much notice did you have to set up the interview phone call- 2 days? a week?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the advice! I did try calling the number on their APTA directory page, and it said it was set up but you couldn’t go through with the call and it hung up on me. I even tried calling Baylor University and they didn’t have much of a different answer. They gave me the same information, number, and email that I already had. Like another member said, I may need to like at PTCAS or GRE for information
You might try PTCAS and explain what happpened with others getting a notifocation to be sure there was no "glitch". It may help ease your concerns.

Hello everyone, when you got your initial email stating that you were recieving an interview… how long did it take to get the second email where you were asked to schedule an interview with a DPT at the program?

Thank you for your advice! I did attempt to call Army Baylor and the number listed on their APTA directory page actually doesn’t go to them. It just states that it hasn’t been set up and it hangs up on you. As far I know, it’s the only phone number I’ve found that is related them. If anyone else has one, then I’m more than willing to attempt it. I even called actual Baylor University and they gave me the same information, number, and email listed. I’ll definitely start looking at PTCAS as well as GRE to see if anything is happening on their end. I hope it’s nothing, but I don’t want to bet my potential chance of getting an interview on it. Do you think certain email types could’ve lost it? (I.e yahoo, gmail, outlook)
I suppose certain email types could've lost it. Seems like a trivial question but have you checked your spam and junk folders? I am unaware of any other numbers for the program other than the one listed on PTCAS.

Hello everyone, when you got your initial email stating that you were recieving an interview… how long did it take to get the second email where you were asked to schedule an interview with a DPT at the program?
Hey! I received my initial email about an interview on a Saturday at about 9 am, I received my second email from the individual who would conduct my interview by email the next day (Sunday) by 8 am.

I suppose certain email types could've lost it. Seems like a trivial question but have you checked your spam and junk folders? I am unaware of any other numbers for the program other than the one listed on PTCAS.
Its all good. It’s not trivial, I never think to check them until something like this occurs. I did check them and nothing has shown up in there. I did contact PTCAS today via phone call and they couldn’t look into my account because their servers were down. They instructed me to email them and go that route. I may try to call again on Monday now that the clock is ticking.

Hello everyone, and congrats to all who got interviewed or are still to interview!! It was be really exciting. I submitted and had my application verified on August 26th. I received an email from PTCAS on August 26th confirming that they had received my application. I also received an email from Army-Baylor on September 6th confirming that they had received my application and it is under review. I haven't heard back from them yet and it is already the 1st day of November, and the nerves are beginning to rise. I know there's like 2 weeks left before the window closes. Should i be concerned? To those who received an interview, if you don't mind would share your stats? looks like we I submitted my application around the same time y'all did or even a little earlier. I already seen Kdub's stats but I'm curious to what JPattDPT's and the rest of you guy's stats look like.
Overall GPA: 3.83
Observational hours: over 400 (I work at a pt clinic and also shadowed pt's in different sites as well)
Volunteer hours: 130
I work as a cardiac monitoring tech, strength and conditioning intern, pt aide and also involve in extra curriculars
GRE
  1. Quant: 150
  2. Verbal: 150
  3. Writing: 3
I had a pre req GPA of 4.0, overall of 3.86, Quant score of 156, Verbal of 155, and a writing of 4.0. I had 150 hours with 22 hours on a military base and I had my interview in early October but submitted my application in early July. Good luck to you in this process!!

I got my email from Army Baylor informing me about an interview on Wednesday night and haven't heard from the physical therapist who is supposed to set up the interview yet. I know there is some variability depending on who is interviewing but I am getting concerned I haven't heard anything since then, do you think I should just wait it out?

Its all good. It’s not trivial, I never think to check them until something like this occurs. I did check them and nothing has shown up in there. I did contact PTCAS today via phone call and they couldn’t look into my account because their servers were down. They instructed me to email them and go that route. I may try to call again on Monday now that the clock is ticking.
Hey! I got through to Army Baylor. They told me that admissions received my application and it is under review. So they got it but never emailed me. I don’t know if they are just now reviewing it or if they’ve had it. However, I’m glad they at least have it! Hopefully, they’ll consider interviewing me.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey! I got through to Army Baylor. They told me that admissions received my application and it is under review. So they got it but never emailed me. I don’t know if they are just now reviewing it or if they’ve had it. However, I’m glad they at least have it! Hopefully, they’ll consider interviewing me.
Let's hope this week brings us good news of an interview. Would love to understand their process!

I got my email from Army Baylor informing me about an interview on Wednesday night and haven't heard from the physical therapist who is supposed to set up the interview yet. I know there is some variability depending on who is interviewing but I am getting concerned I haven't heard anything since then, do you think I should just wait it out?
Did anyone contact you yet???? This process can be tricky and complicated.

I'm sure you felt some much needed relief. Now we wait for a response from them. The clock is ticking fast!!!

Let's hope this week brings us good news of an interview. Would love to understand their process!
Absolutely!!! Their long process is driving me crazy. I've heard back from all the other schools I applied to except from Army-Baylor.

The interview window is closing down and while I am still optimistic the reality is it's not looking good for an interview. For those of you that re- applied and got an interview on your second round what did you do to better your application? My GRE is good at 160/162/4.5, observation hours at 100 minimum due to covid restrictions although they were done at a mil facility, 4 LOR's with 2 mil DPT's ( one an Army Baylor grad) and good GPA. 4 year college athlete ( football) and captain this year plus other activities. I'm graduating in Spring 2023 with BS Exercise Science- pre PT track and minor in Psych. I have several other interviews coming up but Army- Baylor is what I really want. I'm just looking for insight. Thanks!

Did anyone contact you yet???? This process can be tricky and complicated.
Still haven’t heard anything which is making me a little bit anxious! I don’t know if I should try to contact them about it or not. What would you guys do?

Still haven’t heard anything which is making me a little bit anxious! I don’t know if I should try to contact them about it or not. What would you guys do?
If I were in your shoes, I would call Army-Baylor and try to get a hold of them. Secondly, I would go to like a local recruiting office and explain your case to them to see if they can help.

They called me this morning to schedule my interview. I had it this afternoon, I think it went ok but like all interviews it could have gone been better! A little confused on the next steps, my interviewer didn't really have a clear answer on this either so I'm not really sure where we go from here

They called me this morning to schedule my interview. I had it this afternoon, I think it went ok but like all interviews it could have gone been better! A little confused on the next steps, my interviewer didn't really have a clear answer on this either so I'm not really sure where we go from here
Unfortunately, the process for this program is extremely long, with month-long periods where you will not hear of responses. Last year the program had completed all interviews around early-November, and about two-three weeks later they sent notices to all applicants who would be progressing to Phase II of the admission process. Right now, we are in that awkward transition process until all interviews are conducted, I believe the deadline for interviews is November 15th, so hopefully we hear by end of November-Mid December.

We should be hearing back soon from our interviews! Has anyone heard anything so far?

Haven’t heard anything yet! I wasn’t really sure when to hear back from them

I got a notification that my application was selected to proceed to phase II of the admissions process!

I also got an email saying I’m moving to phase 2 and to expect further info on Dec. 1

yay congratulations! do you guys know how many people are selected for this phase of the admissions process?

Congratulations to everyone moving on to Phase II. I am a member of the 2024 Army-Baylor DPT class. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about the application process. I wish you all the best of luck!

I interviewed probably the third week of September, and received confirmation today via email that I will be moving on to the second stage of application. Thought it would be relevant to share. Good luck to everyone. 🫡🤝

Onto phase 2! Anyone receive an email from any recruiters and/or anything else?

Congratulations to everyone moving on to Phase II. I am a member of the 2024 Army-Baylor DPT class. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about the application process. I wish you all the best of luck!
Thanks for reaching out! Which branch are you with? I'm currently Navy so I believe I have to go with one of the Navy slots. However, I read on the Army-Baylor site that you must stick the branch you are currently affiliated with unless the board recommends a different branch. Have you ever heard of anyone switching branches? I love the Navy, but I'm not opposed to switching branches if it improves my chances of being accepted.

Thanks for reaching out! Which branch are you with? I'm currently Navy so I believe I have to go with one of the Navy slots. However, I read on the Army-Baylor site that you must stick the branch you are currently affiliated with unless the board recommends a different branch. Have you ever heard of anyone switching branches? I love the Navy, but I'm not opposed to switching branches if it improves my chances of being accepted.
I just messaged you!

I got contacted by someone from the army healthcare recruiting team today wanting to call me to discuss my application. Does anyone know if this is a formal conversation or more of an informal, next steps kind of thing?

I got contacted by someone from the army healthcare recruiting team today wanting to call me to discuss my application. Does anyone know if this is a formal conversation or more of an informal, next steps kind of thing?
Hey! I was contacted yesterday as well; it is pretty normal for the healthcare recruiters to call early and want to discuss your application and next steps. Officially we are not supposed to hear anything from the school until Dec 1st, but if it is anything like last year the information coming from the school will be an official "You are moving to the next phase" and it will detail what needs to be done and how a recruiter will contact you, etc. It will also include deadlines for the medical board process and timelines of when the board will meet and when admission acceptances will be announced. I would take any calls coming for an army healthcare recruiter seriously because they will help you through SO much of the process and the medical board portion is long and extensive, so the earlier you start the better! Good luck and congrats to everyone who moved to the next phase!

Ok great! Thanks for all the insight, it's super helpful that you went through this same process last year. Good luck to everyone!

I’ve been talking to my recruiter non-stop the last 3 days, tons of questions, do you have speeding tickets, what highschool did you graduate, send me pics of birth certificate, social security, etc etc.

Tomorrow I’m supposed to get my fingerprints Done, then I’m supposed to get a physical on Dec. 12 in jacksonville.

I feel like this is all moving so fast, it’s like I’m being drafted as we speak lol, making me apprehensive. Also does the fact that it’s an army recruiter mean I’m out of contention for navy / Air Force?

I’ve been talking to my recruiter non-stop the last 3 days, tons of questions, do you have speeding tickets, what highschool did you graduate, send me pics of birth certificate, social security, etc etc.

Tomorrow I’m supposed to get my fingerprints Done, then I’m supposed to get a physical on Dec. 12 in jacksonville.

I feel like this is all moving so fast, it’s like I’m being drafted as we speak lol, making me apprehensive. Also does the fact that it’s an army recruiter mean I’m out of contention for navy / Air Force?
It's great your recruiter contacted you so early to start the process! Last year I moved states and had to change recruiters in the first two weeks of the process, and it was complicated and made so many of the things I had to get done delayed, I finished the whole process like 5 days before the deadline and I was so stressed. I would not worry too much about your recruiter being an army recruiter, at the end of the day they are a healthcare recruiter that is working with Army-Baylor to get you commissioned/considered for the program. As far as whether you will be considered for Air Force or Navy, to my understanding that is dependent on whether you selected your application to be reviewed by those branches on your PTCAS Application. Hope this helps or someone else can provide more insight!

Just got an email update today that said Navy and Air Force have already contacted their selections so I am only on track for the Army now.

Anyone know if Phase II includes any type of fitness tests? Or is it strictly just medical/physical exams and paperwork?

Just got an email update today that said Navy and Air Force have already contacted their selections so I am only on track for the Army now.

Anyone know if Phase II includes any type of fitness tests? Or is it strictly just medical/physical exams and paperwork?
Phase II does not include any fitness test just your typical medical/physical exams, paperwork and fingerprinting!