ATSU-KCOM Discussion Thread 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm sorry to say but I just withdrew my seat at ATSU-KCOM. I wish everyone the best and I hope you guys rock the next four years without me. :xf: Here's to someone else getting a great phone call tomorrow with an offer of a seat!:thumbup:

:(

Just sent you a PM asking about this.

Congrats on the other acceptance though!!! I'm sure you'll love it.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone!
I just received the on campus housing application. Would someone be able to comment on the location of the on campus apts? What about meals? How far are they from the nearest supermarket? Would I be able to buy meals on campus? Do you think a car is necessary? Thankyou!

Add my name to the interview list if a spot opens up....

Members don't see this ad :)
Add my name to the interview list if a spot opens up....
I got the same option, but i chose to decline it. Already being accepted somewhere and waitlisted other places I didnt want to incur the costs of another interview. Wish I would have gotten the invite earlier. Would have loved the chance to interview here

Hi everyone!
I just received the on campus housing application. Would someone be able to comment on the location of the on campus apts? What about meals? How far are they from the nearest supermarket? Would I be able to buy meals on campus? Do you think a car is necessary? Thankyou!

Campus housing is across the street from campus and right next to the gym. The hospital has a cafeteria but there isn't one at the school. All the grocery stores are on the other end of town but a car isn't a necessity. You can always find someone else who is going to Walmart to bum a ride from.

Accepted... "If a seat opens up." Got the news today. Now, I hope there is some movement. :xf::p

Been waiting for movement for over a month now and others on here few weeks before that. At least they stopped interviewing, April 15 seems so far away:(

What is the importance of April 15th?

That is when one of deposits is due. Wish they would just increase the class size, 172 is pretty small for nowdays.

Ehh ... I really hope everyone gets in, but increasing class size without increasing resources - facilities, rotation spots, faculty, etc, is never a great idea.

Well, the email I got made it sound like they are expecting some movement in the next couple of weeks. As far as class size goes "it is what it is." I just do not want to wait to next years class.:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
They might as well shut down this thread its so dead....:sleep:

Movement people:rolleyes:

They might as well shut down this thread its so dead....:sleep:

Movement people:rolleyes:

Let's keep it alive Scooper. You're waiting for April 15 for some movement, right?? Have you thought about writing a LOI or anything??? Keeping in touch with your admissions counselor?

Let's keep it alive Scooper. You're waiting for April 15 for some movement, right?? Have you thought about writing a LOI or anything??? Keeping in touch with your admissions counselor?

I sent them a Email OI. Hope that will be good enough. Thanks for asking. I am on the Accepted Pending "death by waiting for a " seat list.

Lucky I have other options. I guess others are not so fortunate. I need to start thinking of the positive. Reflect on what I have not on what maybe. Appreciate the many wonderful things life has offered me.

Enough of that non-sense...
MOVEMENT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!:smuggrin: lol

So with the April dead line looming many people are sitting on an acceptance at DO schools with hopes that they can get into an MD school. So expect some moverment. It's not cool but it's the name of the game. We had a couple students in our class that got a phone call from admissions the week before orientation that will now graduate with us. Good luck and think happy thoughts.

So with the April dead line looming many people are sitting on an acceptance at DO schools with hopes that they can get into an MD school. So expect some moverment. It's not cool but it's the name of the game. We had a couple students in our class that got a phone call from admissions the week before orientation that will now graduate with us. Good luck and think happy thoughts.

Thanks for the input. At the moment I am just not trying really hard to think about, keep myself busy with school and work. It will happen when it does, no need to torture myself in the mean time!

Anybody know when we will get a list of things we need to buy? I really want to know what kind of clothing (scrubs, professional, shoes, etc.) we are expected to have with us. I also want to know what kind of medical equipment we need to get before starting. Thanks all. And, I am crossing my fingers for those out there still waiting for a seat, I hope you get one. Actually, the KCOM facebook went from 154 members down to 151 and then 152, so I know movement is occurring.

Anybody know when we will get a list of things we need to buy? I really want to know what kind of clothing (scrubs, professional, shoes, etc.) we are expected to have with us. I also want to know what kind of medical equipment we need to get before starting. Thanks all. And, I am crossing my fingers for those out there still waiting for a seat, I hope you get one. Actually, the KCOM facebook went from 154 members down to 151 and then 152, so I know movement is occurring.

The school will give you what they call "A Doctor Bag" with all your medical supplies included with in. Also, I'm sure you remember trying on white coats during your interview, well they were actually sizing you and will have a white coat for your along with your doctor's bag at orientation. I think the only that you really need to get is a laptop and they will let you know the requirements. Still plenty of time, good luck.

The school will give you what they call "A Doctor Bag" with all your medical supplies included with in. Also, I'm sure you remember trying on white coats during your interview, well they were actually sizing you and will have a white coat for your along with your doctor's bag at orientation. I think the only that you really need to get is a laptop and they will let you know the requirements. Still plenty of time, good luck.

I know this is going to sound weird ... but do the white coats have anything embroidered on them or do a lot of students get their names put on 'em??

Been waiting for movement for over a month now and others on here few weeks before that. At least they stopped interviewing, April 15 seems so far away:(

Dude, how did you join this site in 2001 and apply in 2009??

I know this is going to sound weird ... but do the white coats have anything embroidered on them or do a lot of students get their names put on 'em??

All the coats have the ATSU logo on them. One of the campus clubs offers free embroidery of your name if you join. Or you can get it done for like 12 bucks I think.

You might be able to stitch on: :eek: "I survived the pending seat list" :eek:

Sounds good. So, what kinds of fun things are in this 'doctor bag'?

All the coats have the ATSU logo on them. One of the campus clubs offers free embroidery of your name if you join. Or you can get it done for like 12 bucks I think.

Do a lot of people do this??? I think it would be a cool thing to have, but I don't want to look like the tool who purposely wears his coat after hours or walks into a store with a stethoscope around his neck :laugh:

He was probably accepted "pending a seat" in 2001, and still waiting for:

Wait for it....

Wait for it....

MOVEMENT!!!!!

Hahahahah .... it'll happen man!!

Do a lot of people do this??? I think it would be a cool thing to have, but I don't want to look like the tool who purposely wears his coat after hours or walks into a store with a stethoscope around his neck :laugh:

I would say at least half the class probably did it. I did not, I figured my name tag was enough.

Is anybody (including current students) going to be in K-Ville this weekend (Fri-Sun, 26-28) and want to meet up or anything??? Going out to look at houses and eager to meet classmates.

Spoke at length to the admissions department about possible future movement. She did not sound to positive about my chances of getting a seat this year; although, she did not rule it out. Thank goodness I have other options. She did tell me that everyone who is currently accepted with a seat has skin in the game.

It really amazes me how many people end up losing 1000's because they end up going to another school, as well as the amount of money it has taken to apply to these schools. This racket of applying to both DO schools and MD schools needs an enema by nurse Ratchet.:eek:

Spoke at length to the admissions department about possible future movement. She did not sound to positive about my chances of getting a seat this year; although, she did not rule it out. Thank goodness I have other options. She did tell me that everyone who is currently accepted with a seat has skin in the game.

It really amazes me how many people end up losing 1000's because they end up going to another school, as well as the amount of money it has taken to apply to these schools. This racket of applying to both DO schools and MD schools needs an enema by nurse Ratchet.:eek:

You spoke to Donna? The staff is pretty helpful.

Your going to KCUMB? A great amount of burden is off your shoulders once you get an acceptance even if its not to your top choice. Hopefully, I can get one soon!

You spoke to Donna? The staff is pretty helpful.

Your going to KCUMB? A great amount of burden is off your shoulders once you get an acceptance even if its not to your top choice. Hopefully, I can get one soon!

I hope you get in somewhere Wonderboy....:luck:

Northeast Regional Medical Center was just named one of the "100 Top Hospitals" and given the Everest Award for National Benchmarks by Thomas Reuters!

I just sent in my final $1000 and secured my lease today. . .ahhh, I'm just so excited to be coming to Kirksville here in a few months!! :D

Has anyone heard of any seats opening up recently? jw... getting very anxious! :scared:

Got the call today! Accepted from alternate acceptance list!!!

Got the call today! Accepted from alternate acceptance list!!!

Congrats! It is a good feeling huh?

I'm pulling for you to get off the list WonderBoy. . .seems you have been waiting patiently for awhile now.