Auburn c/o 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So if we didn't get a request to send our transcripts does that mean we aren't getting an interview?

I would disregard what I mentioned earlier, since it sounds like they might be doing things differently (I applied during 2011).

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone. I just wanted to chime in for a second since I just recently spoke to Kaye about the whole transcript situation. First I'll say, i have applied as OOS. I sent Kaye an email and asked her if I should send the University a copy of my fall grades in addition to sending them to VMCAS. She replied that they do not require them from OOS applicants UNLESS there are prerequisites that were completed in the fall. So I took it as if you are IS, you need to send them in. If you are OOS, no need to send them UNLESS you have a prerequisite not completed until then. I got that info straight from her. For the record, I have not received the "file complete" email either and I know first hand that they have everything they require from me including fall grades. Also, this is my first post. Long time lurker, but I felt I should post this information as some were worried about not getting the request to send the fall transcripts in. I hope this info puts some nerves at ease.

Reactions: 3 users
I applied OOS, received the file complete e-mail, and had one pre-req this fall (biochem)... but did not receive an e-mail saying I needed to send my fall transcript...

I applied OOS, received the file complete e-mail, and had one pre-req this fall (biochem)... but did not receive an e-mail saying I needed to send my fall transcript...

I really wouldn't panic. Auburn doesn't do everything in one day. Give them time.

And what @vet4life said is more along the lines of how it was for when I applied. Only difference was that I think they told us to bring our transcripts to our interview if we had taken a pre-req in the fall.

Reactions: 1 user
I just read that last year people were asked to send their fall transcripts if they needed more information to come to a decision.

You might want to email Kaye and just let her know you have your grades from fall that include a prerequisite and she'll probably have you send it to her via email. I am sure that they have had some bring transcripts to interviews in the past ( I have friends that attend ) but it was important to me that they had all my grades before deciding on interviews. That's why I got them over as soon as I could. At least I knew then that I had everything complete.

I just read that last year people were asked to send their fall transcripts if they needed more information to come to a decision.

I have read that too. A big part of all our worrying is that we have so much time to do just that. We all read into things and try to figure out what all the puzzle pieces mean until we can piece it together to fit our scenario. As long as YOU know that you have done everything you can to make sure that the University you applied to has everything they need to base their decision on, then there is nothing left to do but wait and worry unfortunately. Hoping that someone likes what you have to offer and requests an interview. Believe me, I am guilty. I have read and re-read post after post and even gone through my applications several times. In the end, there is nothing left that I can control. It is out of my hands now. Just like everyone else, I am here on the forums just waiting for someone to hear something. I guess if I were in your shoes, my next step would be to contact Kaye and get the information to her. I included it in my initial contact about the subject so she would have it right away and she said that was all she needed. Good. bad or indifferent, I knew I did everything I can to make sure the info was available. The waiting is the worst!

GAH IM DYING. I wanna know. *no patience*

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't apply to Auburn this cycle (maybe next round), but I hope y'all stop refreshing email long enough to watch Auburn play for the BCS national championship title tonight against Florida State!! War Eagle!!

Reactions: 2 users
I didn't apply to Auburn this cycle (maybe next round), but I hope y'all stop refreshing email long enough to watch Auburn play for the BCS national championship title tonight against Florida State!! War Eagle!!
Yes! Go Tigers! SEC!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey all. I just called about fall transcripts. They said to send them directly to the school. The address is
Office of academic affairs
217 Overton/Goodwin
Auburn, AL

Didn't ask when we might hear though...I'll leave that up to another brave soul! :)

ok soo last year I heard about interviews the second week of spring semester. And it was on a tues or thurs(?) all I remember is I was sitting in lab when I got the email... so I'm just pretending that it will be similar to last year and we will hear something by next week?? I know the last email said "shortly after the new year" so maybe it will be as early as this week?! After last nights game we might not be so lucky though ): Auburn is still #1 to me!! FSU doesn't even have a vet school :p (I'm a FL resident too lol) WAR EAGLE!!

Hmmm I spoke to Kaye today and she said to send them to VMCAS, not to the school. She said they narrowed down to the top 350 and interview invites will be sent next week.
Hey all. I just called about fall transcripts. They said to send them directly to the school. The address is
Office of academic affairs
217 Overton/Goodwin
Auburn, AL

Didn't ask when we might hear though...I'll leave that up to another brave soul! :)
Hmmm

Hi' I talk to Kaye about the transcripts as well. She said that Auburn does
not review fall transcripts, but since other schools do review fall transcripts then I should just go ahead and send them to VMCAS.

So just to give an update, my friend just got her rejection email from Auburn ): very weird to get that on a Saturday... We are both out of state, but I have not gotten any email yet... Just wanted to leave a quick post so ya'll can start checking your email frantically like I am now lol just kinda surprised me to hear her say she got the email on a Saturday, but hopefully no news is good news for me since I haven't gotten an email?!?!

And here I thought my weekends were safe o_O Sorry for your friend!

So just to give an update, my friend just got her rejection email from Auburn ): very weird to get that on a Saturday... We are both out of state, but I have not gotten any email yet... Just wanted to leave a quick post so ya'll can start checking your email frantically like I am now lol just kinda surprised me to hear her say she got the email on a Saturday, but hopefully no news is good news for me since I haven't gotten an email?!?!
Interview invites went out on a Saturday last year strangely as well.. I know they do everything alphabetically too. Was your friends last name at the beginning of the alphabet?

Interview invites went out on a Saturday last year strangely as well.. I know they do everything alphabetically too. Was your friends last name at the beginning of the alphabet?
My last name is at the begging of the alphabet and...nothing. So I'm not sure??

My last name is at the begging of the alphabet and...nothing. So I'm not sure??
Well hopefully only rejections are going out today! I'm at the beginning as well!

Well I got my interview invite on a Tuesday or Thursday last year (I just remember I was sitting in lab) and my last name starts with a B and I'm OOS... So there has to be some order...?

I got my rejection e-mail today :( I'm OOS so not a huge surprise. They said there were 911 applicants to fill the 40 openings for OOS. I'm also at the end of the alphabet (W), so not sure on an order...

I am seriously dying of impatience and nervousness!

Reactions: 2 users
I am seriously dying of impatience and nervousness!
Maybe Monday?? I think all these schools like to test our sanity by making us wait. They also like to make sure we can function without sleep...I don't think I've slept since mid November!

Maybe Monday?? I think all these schools like to test our sanity by making us wait. They also like to make sure we can function without sleep...I don't think I've slept since mid November!

Rejections have started going out! I wish I knew if they were finished, or rolling, or what.

i wonder if there is a "safe zone" like no emails after 5pm?

I used to think that until I got my invite from Purdue at almost 8:00pm

Oh wow! Thanks for sharing! That's so late, but congrats! :)

So, I was just reading the thread for Auburn 2017. Seems like last year, the invites went out a bit earlier, but all in all the whole period took a few weeks. Here's to remaining hopeful!

it looks like last year all rejections were sent out on one day and then interviews took several days to send out...but if we didn't get a rejection today are we "safe"?

I think safe for now... But you're not safe until you received an acceptance. It seems like we just made it through one more round.

From what I saw last year they went through a round of offering interviews and then it looked like some people didn't hear either way. For those people, some sent in transcripts and then got interviews and some were later rejected. This was from me creeping on previous years, so take it with a grain of salt.

This is so confusing! Okay...so we don't need to do anything with fall transcripts...? But one of my classes was an Auburn pre-req... Sooo... I still haven't heard anything either way.

[quo te="kathryno, post: 14786208, member: 462182"]This is so confusing! Okay...so we don't need to do anything with fall transcripts...? But one of my classes was an Auburn pre-req... Sooo... I still haven't heard anything either way.[/quote]
I sent fall transcripts directly to them and to VMCAS just to cover my basis because I took biochem in the fall. But I guess maybe we didn't have to send them directly. I'm not sure.

Anyways, good luck to everyone this week!

This is so confusing! Okay...so we don't need to do anything with fall transcripts...? But one of my classes was an Auburn pre-req... Sooo... I still haven't heard anything either way.

I know! I contacted Kaye and she said don't send them but some people are saying otherwise. I would email her explaining you took a pre-req in the fall. Regardless, I would send them to VMCAS. Hope that helps! :)

Just got my interview invite!!!

Yay congrats!!! I definitely know auburn sends their invitations alphabetically and in spurts of about 40 per day.. or at least that's what I was told from last year!

Goodness. She may have just started sending things then. I'm a bit scared now...