Auburn c/o 2018

Started by galixia17
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called the office today (are any of you noticing a theme with my patience?! haha) and was told that we should receive SOMETHING from the school (whether it be an *interview invite* or rejection) by sometime next week. As others said, Auburn is sending things out in small batches, so the office said we could still hear things into next week. It seems that no news is good news for now! :luck::luck::luck:
 
I got an interview invite around 1pm this afternoon!!!! My last name starts with a B as well and I am OOS. I'm super happy but I am most likely going to decline my interview because I got into my In-State school. At least that will open up a spot for someone! :luck:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where is everyone going to stay while they are there for interviews?

Last year I stayed at the holiday inn express on south college... Wasn't too expensive/wasn't too nice at the same time lol my bf who went there for undergrad said the Dixie conference center was really nice, so I might try that this year
 
Last year I stayed at the holiday inn express on south college... Wasn't too expensive/wasn't too nice at the same time lol my bf who went there for undergrad said the Dixie conference center was really nice, so I might try that this year
I was looking at that one its $149/night :-/
 
I got mine earlier, and I am a B! I doubt they are going alphabetically (or the 40 per day part) because that would already be 80 interviews for just A-B!
 
I got mine earlier, and I am a B! I doubt they are going alphabetically (or the 40 per day part) because that would already be 80 interviews for just A-B!
I was just saying thats how they did it last year (in batches of 40) obviously there are not 80 interviewers with the last name starting with a or b but they are Definitely going in alphabetical order since only those that have heard are in the first 2 letters of the alphabet. They are definitely taking their time this year..
 
Just got an email for IS saying that IS wont hear about interview invites until probably mid to late Feb, cutting it close there Auburn.
 
Yeah and the interviews themselves won't be held until March 10-14, so when they render decisions it'll be less than a month to April 15. That's insane. At least I'll have heard from Wisconsin by then this way. Not that the alums and professor emeritus I work for agree with me going anywhere else. 🙄
 
I'm seeing a lot of worry warts on here. My advice to you guys: stop worrying! Be patient! I know it is easier said than done, but constantly worrying is not going to do you any good, especially if you are taking a big course load. Try to focus on your classes and bury yourself in your work, it'll make time go by faster.

Also, for everyone that is interested in coming to AUCVM, get excited. I went to a town hall meeting with Dr. Johnson (the dean) about the new small animal hospital this morning. It is going to be amazing. Everything is going to be state of the art and brand new and I am so excited to be moving into the new hospital in a few short months. It is something everyone coming for interviews should ask about and be REALLY excited to see.

In-staters - don't expect to get an interview invite until mid-February and your interviews will be around your spring breaks, again, be patient.

Good luck to everyone getting ready to interview at various schools and especially at Auburn!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an invite as well. 🙂 so excited! Do you guys know if the additional dates at the bottom are options? Like can we choose one of those days instead of the one listed in the email? 🙂
 
Congrats to everyone who received an interview invite so far! So what letter are they on? I saw someone say their last name was an M, is that the farthest they've gone or does someone have a letter after M?
 
I got an invite as well. 🙂 so excited! Do you guys know if the additional dates at the bottom are options? Like can we choose one of those days instead of the one listed in the email? 🙂


I was emailed for my interview offer yesterday. I called first this this morning to schedule an interview for Monday the 10th and Kaye said it was "wide open" for availability, so yes the additional dates are options
 
I was emailed for my interview offer yesterday. I called first this this morning to schedule an interview for Monday the 10th and Kaye said it was "wide open" for availability, so yes the additional dates are options
Excellent! Because Monday is the day I can get my work schedule to work around. 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just as a heads up, I don't think Mrs. Kaye sends out interview invites per alphabetical order. I think she sends them out randomly as she comes to them. Keep in mind Mrs. Kaye is a very busy lady. She's pretty much the glue that holds the application/interview/acceptance process together (not to mention the vet school in general). All of this being said, please be patient with her. She won't let you slip through the cracks, I promise.
 
Just as a heads up, I don't think Mrs. Kaye sends out interview invites per alphabetical order. I think she sends them out randomly as she comes to them. Keep in mind Mrs. Kaye is a very busy lady. She's pretty much the glue that holds the application/interview/acceptance process together (not to mention the vet school in general). All of this being said, please be patient with her. She won't let you slip through the cracks, I promise.

Thank you for your kind words. It's hard to keep that all in perspective when we're all so anxious, but I will try to remember this next time I want to call the office in a panic....
 
I did enjoy the "we had a slight glitch" email we got today. I hope they figure out who that conflict applies to! I work in the admissions office at my undergrad, and my school's nowhere near as big as Auburn so I can only imagine how overwhelming vet school admissions offices get around this time.