Auburn c/o 2018

Started by galixia17
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did enjoy the "we had a slight glitch" email we got today. I hope they figure out who that conflict applies to! I work in the admissions office at my undergrad, and my school's nowhere near as big as Auburn so I can only imagine how overwhelming vet school admissions offices get around this time.

I didn't receive an email about a glitch of any sort....
 
I didn't receive an email about a glitch of any sort....

It was something about them scheduling 3 people at the same time on Feb 10, but accidentally misplacing the recorded names so they were reaching out asking who this applied to. It didn't apply to me, so I'm not really sure of any more details.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know what the Auburn interview is like? (Ex: is it really relaxed, or intimidating, etc)
 
Does anyone know what the Auburn interview is like? (Ex: is it really relaxed, or intimidating, etc)
The Doctor I work for now graduated from Auburn. She said instate interviews were pretty relaxed but out of state people told her that theirs were pretty intense and intimidating, that was several years ago though
 
My interview ended up being more stressful than I thought it would be, but that was more my fault than theirs. I went into it extremely prepared, which gave me a little too much confidence. I underestimated how nervous I would be. The interviewers themselves were very nice. But I was so nervous for the first question (tell me about yourself), and it just hit me so hard right away. I had to take a moment for take a deep breath in the middle of my answer. But then I was fine, and the rest of the interview went really well. They did ask more "personal" questions (like about my application and stuff) than I expected. So be prepared to answer questions about that. As silly as it may sound since you've spent so much time on it already, read your entire application very carefully a day or so before the interview.

However, I do have a friend who had taken anatomy and she was asked what animal a skull belonged to and what she thinks it ate. I think they were mostly looking for the point at which she would stop BSing and just say she didn't know. Apparently they've also asked questions about history for the same purpose.

But overall, fairly low-stress from what I've read about interviews at other schools.
 
Did Kaye say that we should hear something by the end of next week? I understand they have a lot to go through and I know Kaye is over there holding the fort down. I'm still antsy though 🤔
 
I think it goes into next week.

I had a friend of mine receive a rejection today, so I guess those are still going out 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all! So I'm renting a car to get to/from the airport for the interview and would be more than happy to give someone a ride if they want to split the gas. 🙂 I'm flying into Atlanta ~2 on the 8th and leaving campus ~4:30 on the 10th so if anyone wants a ride pm me. 🙂
 
Perhaps I will see you in passing, UFprevet12!

I am literally in shock right now....with 3/5 no's, and 1/5 still in review, I was beginning to think it wouldn't happen for me this year!
 
Hey guys I have a couple questions, I am OOS and was planning on doing the tour 2/11 and leaving after my interview on 2/12 first thing in the morning. Are we allowed to bring someone with on the tour? and is there a dress code for the tour? With Minnesota's tour (which is a different day then the interview) they told us to wear business casual attire.

And congrats for everyone who got interviews!! 🙂 Thanks!
 
Hey guys I have a couple questions, I am OOS and was planning on doing the tour 2/11 and leaving after my interview on 2/12 first thing in the morning. Are we allowed to bring someone with on the tour? and is there a dress code for the tour? With Minnesota's tour (which is a different day then the interview) they told us to wear business casual attire.

And congrats for everyone who got interviews!! 🙂 Thanks!

In years past it looks like you were able to have someone accompany you on the tour. I plan to bring my dad along. I'll be doing the 11 AM tour on 2/11....anyone else going for that one?
 
I received my interview offer a few weeks ago and am an OOS student! Does anyone have any idea how many interview offers they grant to each region or in general? I know they accept about 40 from OOS, IS, and contract students.
 
Also, I have found conflicting information about Auburn's use of terminal surgeries for education. Does anyone have any more information on this? From what I can determine it seems they breed dogs for terminal surgery and euthanasia but may offer alternatives to dissection. I am a vegan so the breeding to kill is pretty hard to swallow : /
 
In years past it looks like you were able to have someone accompany you on the tour. I plan to bring my dad along. I'll be doing the 11 AM tour on 2/11....anyone else going for that one?

I'll be at the 11 AM tour on 2/11 also! Are you going to the financial aid session at 10 AM before that? I wasn't sure how long it would last.
 
Yay! I am not, seeing as my interview is at 9:30, and I don't think I'll have enough time to make the financial aid session.
 
@Ericaa89 Terminal surgeries are only performed in the surgery elective now, which is available to be taken the fall of your third year at Auburn.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
can anyone here who interviews last year give some advice? i have been looking for previous years questions to review, but i can't find anything 🙁
 
Oh, I'm sorry. I don't know where those would be. But you can see what the people who took the survey said that they were asked in the interview 🙂
 
I'll be at the 11 AM tour on 2/11 also! Are you going to the financial aid session at 10 AM before that? I wasn't sure how long it would last.
For those of your touring before hand....did you just call up to schedule a tour yourself? Or did information come when you got invited to interview?
 
I'm still waiting too! Idk what's up... I've generally had such good luck so far with invites! We shall see!
Me too... I'm pretty sure they're just saving the best for last 😉
I did get an email from Kaye this morning asking about a pre-req, so I'm hoping I will get an interview by the end of the week.
 
Me too... I'm pretty sure they're just saving the best for last 😉
I did get an email from Kaye this morning asking about a pre-req, so I'm hoping I will get an interview by the end of the week.
Hablando del rey de Roma... Just got my interview notification!
 
Did anyone get a confirmation email after scheduling your interview?
I didn't get a confirmation email yet either. Idk if they're doing it the same way, but last year we got an email about two weeks after scheduling that had the same information as the previously posted link (like tour times, directions, etc). But I don't remember ever getting something with my time/date confirmed. Let's all hope we remember the right times!! (Also, plan to be EARLY if you can. My interview was almost 30 mins early last year.)
 
Do you think it would be obnoxious to call in like a week to verify the interview time? I'm so nervous that I'll show up at the wrong time but I don't want to be annoying...
 
Do you think it would be obnoxious to call in like a week to verify the interview time? I'm so nervous that I'll show up at the wrong time but I don't want to be annoying...

I was thinking of doing the same thing, just to confirm.....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who still have not heard anything...I was very anxious and emailed Ms. Kaye this morning. She replied and said that there are still a few that will get interviews but have not yet been notified...and that I was one of them! I went ahead and scheduled my interview for the 12th of February. I am so excited and hopefully you all will get good news as well! :claps:
 
I'm a little late to this party, but I have an interview on the 13th at 9:30am! I'm out of state, and Auburn has been my dream school for years now. I'm so excited! 😀