-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Auburn c/o 2019
Started by ameropean_chelsea
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I know some schools have rules about contacting the people that interview you but is anyone planning on sending thank yous to their interviewers?
Yep!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From what I have heard, Auburn does a formal dress code and they take it fairly seriously. Guys are suit and tie and girls are dress pants and a nice shirt or appropriate dress/skirt length.Does anyone know what the dress code is like at Auburn for regular class days?
Wellll hello adulthood, lol!From what I have heard, Auburn does a formal dress code and they take it fairly seriously. Guys are suit and tie and girls are dress pants and a nice shirt or appropriate dress/skirt length.
Does anyone know about how long the tours are? I am trying to decide if I will have time to go on the tour at 3 and be back for my interview at 4.
Hey! I'm currently a second year at Auburn and although I'm not a tour guide I helped out with OOS interviews last year. Definitely wouldn't recommend doing a tour at 3 if your interview is at four. They take 45 minutes to an hour and you can probably do it if it's your only option but it's just going to stress you out to get to the greeting room 5 minutes before your interview slot. Coming earlier in the morning or request a later tour would be a better option.
In general though, Auburn interviews are 10-30 minutes and super relaxed. I had a great little chit-chat with my interviewers when I was applying (I think I asked them more questions than they asked me, and it was very low-stress) and I actually ended up shadowing one of my clinicians that summer and I still go see him over stuff now. Compared to the rest of my interviews, it was practically relaxing. Try not to freak out too much!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@Chocl8luva does auburn do terminal surgeries in required classes or just electives? Do you have any insight? New threads have popped up and sparked my interest/curiosity. Thanks!
I'm not the person to ask about terminals since I don't know our whole policy, sources, etc...for a more complete answer I would email Mrs. Kaye ([email protected] if you haven't already been in touch with her). It's definitely a good question to ask though, and a good question for your interviewers.
For this cycle I see Auburn has cell bio listed as a pre-req but when I applied I didn't see that as a pre-req so now I'm a little worried. And on the vmcas pre-req chart it's not listed. I've gotten an interview but now I'm a little worried because I have not taken cell bio.
I think I'm okay though cause I have enough physics credits (8 credits) to sub for the cell bio requirement freaked myself out a little lol.
I think I'm okay though cause I have enough physics credits (8 credits) to sub for the cell bio requirement freaked myself out a little lol. View attachment 188851
That was my issue too!! Thank you for bringing that up, I have 8 hours of physics too and I have an interview in a week D: Now I can breathe...kinda...
I think we are in the clear, hopefully ... best of luck in your interview, I will be their Feb 5th!That was my issue too!! Thank you for bringing that up, I have 8 hours of physics too and I have an interview in a week D: Now I can breathe...kinda...
I think we are in the clear, hopefully ... best of luck in your interview, I will be their Feb 5th!
Me too!! Good luck, probably going to be in the same tour or something. Or both sweating our patooties off trying to ace this interview...I'm interested in equine so this school sounds like a dream

Does anybody know auburn's policy on deferment? I haven't heard anything because I'm an IS student, but I may have an opportunity to go abroad for a gap year and was just wanting to figure out if I were to get in if I could defer or not. THANKS!
I would definitely ask the school on this one, though keep in mind that most schools only allow deferments for things such as medical issues, so it might be unlikely that you will get it solely on wanting to go abroad.Does anybody know auburn's policy on deferment? I haven't heard anything because I'm an IS student, but I may have an opportunity to go abroad for a gap year and was just wanting to figure out if I were to get in if I could defer or not. THANKS!
Based on a quick search (I went here: http://www.vetmed.auburn.edu/admissions-procedures#.VMW7kv54rQo), it doesn't look like they consider deferments.
Also, if you don't mind me asking-how many veterinary hours does everybody have on their application?
Also, if you don't mind me asking-how many veterinary hours does everybody have on their application?
I have around 2000 veterinary hours, 3000 or so animal experience hours. Kinda makes up for my satisfactory cumul GPA (3.45).
I have around 2,000 veterinary hours and 16,000+ animal experience hours. I also have a 4.0 GPA which I hope makes up for my average GRE scores. I am OOS.Also, if you don't mind me asking-how many veterinary hours does everybody have on their application?
Hello everyone! I received my congrats email on an interview on Jan 7. I am an OOS from Ohio and I am on interview team 1...I wish I knew what that means??? My interview is on Feb 4 at 4pm. This is my first year applying and Auburn is the only university that gave me the opportunity out of the 4 that I applied to. Needless to say I am a little nervous!!!! Good luck to everyone!
Looks like I will be withdrawing my application as I received a contract seat at UGA, it's hard to pass up in state tuition! Best of luck to everyone at their interviews.
I also think that I will be doing this! On contract at UGALooks like I will be withdrawing my application as I received a contract seat at UGA, it's hard to pass up in state tuition! Best of luck to everyone at their interviews.
maybe we will be classmates @Klminner11 ??Yay for us lol [emoji16] I'm pretty sure I will be going to Georgia so hopefully we will be classmates!!I also think that I will be doing this! On contract at UGAmaybe we will be classmates @Klminner11 ??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yup see you there I am sending in my acceptance for UGA tomorrow [emoji16]Officially canceled my interview- I took a seat at another school! Good luck to everyone else! @Klminner11 see you at UGA?!
Well, I survived the interview! It wasn't too bad- definitely look at the questions on here. Be prepared to talk about educational debt and starting salaries. I enjoyed my experience, but I'm likely going to commit to Florida so if I'm accepted that will open up a spot!
@stahla2 thanks for the feedback- I have my interview tomorrow and looking forward to touring the vet school and figuring what to check out in Auburn while I'm in town! Luckily,the weather isn't too bad!
When do they tell us by? Let auburn know asap so they open spots asap!! =) =) !!
oWell, I survived the interview! It wasn't too bad- definitely look at the questions on here. Be prepared to talk about educational debt and starting salaries. I enjoyed my experience, but I'm likely going to commit to Florida so if I'm accepted that will open up a spot!
Has anybody recieved an IS interview yet?
I think it was around 300 oos for 41 seats?
Thank god for Kaye! So she said they interview around 350, and accept 80 OOS for 41 spots. Last year only 12 of those accepted the position, so she ended up calling around 140 off of the alternate list (175 total). So chances are if you got an interview, it looks pretty good that you will get accepted one way or another!
Good luck, I absolutely loved the campus and the people. The interview was so relaxed and conversational...easily the least stressful of any of my interviews this cycle. Here's to hoping!
Thank god for Kaye! So she said they interview around 350, and accept 80 OOS for 41 spots. Last year only 12 of those accepted the position, so she ended up calling around 140 off of the alternate list (175 total). So chances are if you got an interview, it looks pretty good that you will get accepted one way or another!
Good luck, I absolutely loved the campus and the people. The interview was so relaxed and conversational...easily the least stressful of any of my interviews this cycle. Here's to hoping!
I agree. I had a really nice interview too. She said decisions will go out around Feb 17
Has anybody recieved an IS interview yet?
Good news! I am IS and I called them on Monday because I was becoming worried. They said that if you have not received any negative news then you will be receiving an interview invite mid February! They have already sent out all interview rejections and IS interviews will be sometime the week of March 16th
Good news! I am IS and I called them on Monday because I was becoming worried. They said that if you have not received any negative news then you will be receiving an interview invite mid February! They have already sent out all interview rejections and IS interviews will be sometime the week of March 16th
They would have emailed us right.. or do they only send out by mail?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They would have emailed us right.. or do they only send out by mail?
Email!
Okay thanks! Gives me hope. I would really like to attend my IS school.Email!
I wasn't able to do a tour- can anyone gave any feedback on it, especially any info the tour guide or any current students gave that were helpful?
It was a bit of a brief tour - saw glimpses of the small/large animal hospitals and the academic building. They said that if you get accepted and attend their open house/accepted students' weekend then you'd get to see much more. Everything is state of the art. The small animal hospital could basically be a top notch human hospital. They recently spent like $1 mil on a new anatomy lab with a nice new ventilation system. The dress code was mentioned - not a big deal, most people actually prefer the professional atmosphere. If you worked for an Auburn grad you can find his/her picture on a panel in Greene Hall I believe. Long history of training/researching service dogs.I wasn't able to do a tour- can anyone gave any feedback on it, especially any info the tour guide or any current students gave that were helpful?
Thanks @ameropean_chelsea . The facilities seem amazing.It was a bit of a brief tour - saw glimpses of the small/large animal hospitals and the academic building. They said that if you get accepted and attend their open house/accepted students' weekend then you'd get to see much more. Everything is state of the art. The small animal hospital could basically be a top notch human hospital. They recently spent like $1 mil on a new anatomy lab with a nice new ventilation system. The dress code was mentioned - not a big deal, most people actually prefer the professional atmosphere. If you worked for an Auburn grad you can find his/her picture on a panel in Greene Hall I believe. Long history of training/researching service dogs.
Does anyone have any insight on grading and test formats or anything like that? I found less info on Auburn on SDN than other schools I'm looking at.