Auburn c/o 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any info on what's required to have your spouse qualify for Alabama residency? I did a little searching around and found that full-time employment is necessary, but I can't find how full-time status is determined. Would starting a business at home do the trick? Does employment have to continue beyond that first year, or do you get to maintain IS status after it's been granted no matter what your spouse does afterwards? So many questions...

As strange as it seems (at least to me), paying OOS tuition for one year and IS for three at Auburn would actually end up being cheaper than four years at my IS school.
 
Does anyone have any info on what's required to have your spouse qualify for Alabama residency? I did a little searching around and found that full-time employment is necessary, but I can't find how full-time status is determined. Would starting a business at home do the trick? Does employment have to continue beyond that first year, or do you get to maintain IS status after it's been granted no matter what your spouse does afterwards? So many questions...

As strange as it seems (at least to me), paying OOS tuition for one year and IS for three at Auburn would actually end up being cheaper than four years at my IS school.
I am in the same predicament. Kaye told me my wife has to work full time and that was all she said. It's cheaper for me also.
 
If you are one of the people worried about getting to go on a tour/listen to the financial aid talk because of the timing of your interview, contact Kaye in the admissions office. She is an angel and amazing and will help you out
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ahhh I interviewed last week and the anticipation is KILLING me. I absolutely fell in love with the school. OOS for me, but I would go in a heartbeat if accepted! They said sometime next week right? This may have been asked, but I am a little confused about numbers. Is it about 350- 400 interviews total or is that just OOS alone? These numbers make me nervous!
 
340 OOS interviews and 200ish IS. I interviewed last week also and I can't wait for Monday. This week feels like it keeps dragging on!!! I'm OOS also
 
340 OOS interviews and 200ish IS. I interviewed last week also and I can't wait for Monday. This week feels like it keeps dragging on!!! I'm OOS also

That seems really high for getting like 8-900 applications...
 
Is it true every vet student (or most) lives in trailer parks? I've heard theyre not as bad as one may think, but does everyone do that? I definitely prefer, if it's not super crazy expensive, like an apartment setting with amenities to keep me sane ... Is that more for undergrads or would i find a grad-centered place with all of that? GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE I HOPE WE HEAR GOOD NEWS!! ..cannot come soon enough...
 
Is it true every vet student (or most) lives in trailer parks? I've heard theyre not as bad as one may think, but does everyone do that? I definitely prefer, if it's not super crazy expensive, like an apartment setting with amenities to keep me sane ... Is that more for undergrads or would i find a grad-centered place with all of that? GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE I HOPE WE HEAR GOOD NEWS!! ..cannot come soon enough...

Kaye said something like 70% of the vet students live in trailer parks. I know what you mean though, I wish I had had more time in Auburn to look around and see what the surrounding area was like.
 
Kaye said something like 70% of the vet students live in trailer parks. I know what you mean though, I wish I had had more time in Auburn to look around and see what the surrounding area was like.

The trailer park I visited when I was there seemed really nice...had a clubhouse, two tennis courts, a volleyball court...I know I wouldn't have time for those in vet school but if you do, more power to you!
 
The trailer park I visited when I was there seemed really nice...had a clubhouse, two tennis courts, a volleyball court...I know I wouldn't have time for those in vet school but if you do, more power to you!
Ha i just want some type of pool to relax at if i ever do get any off time! But i dont want to be surrounded by the undergrad scene
 
I'm an IS applicant and I got my interview invite yesterday! They're scheduling IS interviews for mid-March; cutting it really close that April deadline.
 
I'm an IS applicant and I got my interview invite yesterday! They're scheduling IS interviews for mid-March; cutting it really close that April deadline.
Really? So they're going to have their decisions made for OOS students roughly a month before they even begin interviews for IS? That seems... bizarre. I hope this doesn't mean they're backing out of the 2/16 deadline they set for themselves for us OOSers. The wait has not been kind to my nerves.
 
The OOS and IS decisions are done separately. They have a specific number of OOS spots to offer and a specific number of IS, so the two don't really impact each other at all. I guess they do IS interviews later because they probably assume IS people will automatically want to choose their IS school over somewhere else if given an offer. Still, I think cutting it so close to the April deadline sucks for IS people - I'm really glad to be done with my interviews now... Just chomping at the bit for news.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it true every vet student (or most) lives in trailer parks? I've heard theyre not as bad as one may think, but does everyone do that? I definitely prefer, if it's not super crazy expensive, like an apartment setting with amenities to keep me sane ... Is that more for undergrads or would i find a grad-centered place with all of that? GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE I HOPE WE HEAR GOOD NEWS!! ..cannot come soon enough...
I live in a trailer park in Auburn now. A lot of students live in trailer parks because it is fairly cheap and more roomy than an apartment. I never would have thought that I would live in a trailer but it's not bad. Definitely not trashy, for the most part
 
I keep on having to remind myself that they are an hour behind me. I started watching my phone at 8 am without realizing it would only be 7 their time
 
I hate every single one of you. I just got back home from work and see an alert for this thread with tons of posts, and my heart started racing.

Hate hate hate.

I wonder if the bad weather around here has caused them to delay their decisions? Maybe they didn't want to call anyone while they're driving around on icy roads.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was told Monday evening at the absolute latest as well..

And yes, I just almost initialed this post. Thank you clinic, for training me so well.
 
Michael-Scott-Excited-About-The-Happening-On-The-Office.gif
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad