-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Auburn c/o 2019
Started by ameropean_chelsea
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yeah still nothing...Anyone else still have nothing?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm still waiting for a response...Anyone else still have nothing?
I don't have anything either but I typically get emails from them a few hours after everyone else. At this point I'm not holding out hope for an acceptance. I was wait listed last year and so I really hoped that this would be my year.
Anyone else still have nothing?
Still anxiously waiting, also. Wishing happy news for all still holding their breath! Good luck everyone!
Don't be down on yourself! Obviously you are a great candidate if you've made it this far. Best wishes! This may be your year!I don't have anything either but I typically get emails from them a few hours after everyone else. At this point I'm not holding out hope for an acceptance. I was wait listed last year and so I really hoped that this would be my year.
rejected
Rejected...honestly I'm shocked. I thought my application was much improved from last year. Obviously I was wrong.
So sorry guys. =( Don't beat yourself up though. One of the vets I worked for and consider a very close mentor says you just need persistence, persistence, persistence. You got an interview, which means you're on the right track. Hang in there - have some ice cream, yell at the TV, then get back on the horse, and don't give up. And do a file review!!! That's your best bet for improvement.
Hugs to all!
Hugs to all!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected. 🙁 At least I have another acceptance to fall back on.
Rejected. Beyond confused as to why...my interview went really well I thought. So disappointed
It's hard because I don't have any other acceptances. I'm still waiting to hear back from everywhere else I applied.
Same here. I may go through with the file review to find out what went wrong even though I got in elsewhere. I thought I killed it in the interview.It's hard because I don't have any other acceptances. I'm still waiting to hear back from everywhere else I applied.
It's hard because I don't have any other acceptances. I'm still waiting to hear back from everywhere else I applied.
I agree, I thought Auburn went so well and having this rejection leaves me again waiting to hear from the other schools.
you all should feel so accomplished, I feel the same defeat but how extraordinary is it that we were given this opportunity too make it even this far
Heard concerning what? Are you oos and still don't know?Has anyone heard from Auburn today?
Yep, still waiting. No phone call or email yet. 🙁Heard concerning what? Are you oos and still don't know?
I just got a duplicate alternate email. The email stated, "For some reason we had an email glitch yesterday for this group. I apologize if it is a duplicate but some applicants seem not to have gotten any response from us. My apologies to all of you for this inconvenience and duplication."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you get the alternate emailYep, still waiting. No phone call or email yet. 🙁
I just did. Shucks.Did you get the alternate email
It's a OK. Dont be discouraged we still have a glimmer of hope. I made a page for alternate auburn students so if you want to join that so we can keep uposted that's awesome!I just did. Shucks.
Okay I will! I could not find it but I will look for it again tomorrow! What is the exact title of your page?It's a OK. Dont be discouraged we still have a glimmer of hope. I made a page for alternate auburn students so if you want to join that so we can keep uposted that's awesome!
Auburn class of 2019 alternateaOkay I will! I could not find it but I will look for it again tomorrow! What is the exact title of your page?
Alternates
Did anyone get two rejection emails from Auburn? I got one on this Monday afternoon and another one on Tuseday morning... T-T Pretty sure I bombed my interview because I didn't even get wait-listed...
My friend got them too. There was a glitch so they emailed twice to make sure we received them.Did anyone get two rejection emails from Auburn? I got one on this Monday afternoon and another one on Tuseday morning... T-T Pretty sure I bombed my interview because I didn't even get wait-listed...
Hey to all those current students at auburn.. What kinds of hands on experience can i get my first year? I really want a program that gives that to you right off the bat.. Like physical exams and what not.. Can someone explain what years 1-3 are like hands-on and surgery experience wise? I really would want to go to auburn but i am not sure if the curriculum is hands on enough but i just dont know anything about it! Could someone also tell me, are classes mandatory now?
Hey to all those current students at auburn.. What kinds of hands on experience can i get my first year? I really want a program that gives that to you right off the bat.. Like physical exams and what not.. Can someone explain what years 1-3 are like hands-on and surgery experience wise? I really would want to go to auburn but i am not sure if the curriculum is hands on enough but i just dont know anything about it! Could someone also tell me, are classes mandatory now?
I'm not a current student (but will be there next year - yay!) and asked this question during my interview....they said that we have electives that can be hands-on as early as our first semester.
Hey guys, any accepted students know what the next steps are? I've already officially accepted my offer, and I'm really anxious to start getting things planned and settled. August will be here a lot faster than you think! PS just want to say hello to any of my future classmates! 🙂 I am so excited
I'm not a current student (but will be there next year - yay!) and asked this question during my interview....they said that we have electives that can be hands-on as early as our first semester.
Electives dont start until your second semester.
Hey guys, any accepted students know what the next steps are? I've already officially accepted my offer, and I'm really anxious to start getting things planned and settled. August will be here a lot faster than you think! PS just want to say hello to any of my future classmates! 🙂 I am so excited
Hello!!! Nice to meet you 🙂 I'm in the same boat and cannot wait! Haven't heard anything else since I've accepted my offer either.
Do any current vet students at Auburn know how easy it is to find pet-friendly apartments near the vet school without super strict breed/weight restrictions? Or will a car be required to get to campus?
Alternates: Claire's link was broken so I made a new one.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/auburn-class-of-2019-alternates.1122353/
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/auburn-class-of-2019-alternates.1122353/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone looking to buy a trailer near Vet school. Maybe we can go half then sell after we complete the program. Accepted Feb 17th OOS.
Anyone looking to buy a trailer near Vet school. Maybe we can go half then sell after we complete the program. Accepted Feb 17th OOS.
LacrosseVet, I am thinking about it!!!
.
Last edited:
My thought is that with each doing half we can really cut costs and possibly rent out a third bedroom if we decided to go that way. Keep me updated on what you are considering. I am a male from Ohio.LacrosseVet, I am thinking about it!!!
Does anyone know if we have an Auburn 2019 Facebook yet?