You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Auburn c/o 2023
Started by DrinkWater95
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I got a timeline email yesterday saying OOS interview invites will go out mid December through January.
I also applied OOS!! In the original timeline email from Auburn it said: "Once your application has been verified, processed, and is complete, you will receive notification from the Office of Academic Affairs". Has anyone received the confirmation notification they were referring to?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received mine on October 1st which was one week after I received the first email. The most recent email says they will send invites mid December and interview dates for at large applicants will be January 9th-February 7th.I also applied OOS!! In the original timeline email from Auburn it said: "Once your application has been verified, processed, and is complete, you will receive notification from the Office of Academic Affairs". Has anyone received the confirmation notification they were referring to?
vetschoolapplicant4295
Full Member
Hey! Anyone hear from Auburn? Last I heard was Nov 15th, they said my application is complete and is now being reviewed.
I have not heard anything, but I am always checking my email anyways haha!
Maybe we will hear soon?? People heard starting on December 11th last year!
Hey, I am applying next cycle. I am trying to get an idea of the timeline from application deadline to interview to decision. Can any of you elaborate? I am a KY resident!
Hey! So it varies from school to school. We haven’t heard back from auburn yet, but they also have timeline info on their website that indicates interview invites are sent out mid-December.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Awesome! Thank you, I will look for the timeline!Hey! So it varies from school to school. We haven’t heard back from auburn yet, but they also have timeline info on their website that indicates interview invites are sent out mid-December.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
vetschoolapplicant4295
Full Member
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we all hear something tomorrow since its the end of the semester!!
I hope we'll hear something today!
picklegurl
Full Member
OOS interview invite! Congrats to everyone that has heard so far! 🙂
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if they send invites out in waves or all at once based on previous cycles?
OOS Interview invite via email!
OOS interview!
OOS interview!
vetschoolapplicant4295
Full Member
OOS interview!
KingLeopold
Full Member
congratulations! You got the interview recently or was it sent earlier in the day?OOS interview!
vetschoolapplicant4295
Full Member
congratulations! You got the interview recently or was it sent earlier in the day?
Thank you! I got it while I was at work at 5:50 PM EST time, just had the chance to post
iluvdogs100
Full Member
for all who was invited to interview to auburn how are you planning to prepare for the interview/ does anyone have any experience with how their interviews are? I just got an OOS interview invite and am just looking for some general information, thanks!
I interviewed last year, and basically this is how it went. I had two interviewers and they were both very nice. They were both faculty from the school and seemed to have at least some knowledge of my application. Most of my questions were about my experiences, my career goals, hobbies, etc. They basically want to get to know you more and make sure they feel like you can handle the rigors of vet school and the profession. They also tell you a lot about how the school and classes work. Finally they answer some questions you have and that is it. Overall definitely not as scary as I thought it was going to be. Mr. Sellars, the coordinator of Admissions, does a talk about financial aid while you’re waiting, and he was nice about making us feel comfortable and less nervous. I’m OOS, and I’ll be interviewing again on 2/4. I wish you the best of luck!for all who was invited to interview to auburn how are you planning to prepare for the interview/ does anyone have any experience with how their interviews are? I just got an OOS interview invite and am just looking for some general information, thanks!

Last edited:
KingLeopold
Full Member
Just got a rejection email :/ Hopefully next year. Good luck everyone
vetschoolapplicant4295
Full Member
anyone have any idea how many OOS interviews Auburn typically offers?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My educated guess is about 380. OOS interviewees are given one of three "committees" they are randomly assigned to. Each committee seems to have 8 days of interviews, with 8 hours of interviews per day and 2 slots open per hour for an interviewee (so 3*8*8*2 = 384)anyone have any idea how many OOS interviews Auburn typically offers?
Good luck y'all!!! I'm an OOS about to graduate from AUCVM ... will be selling my trailer (furnished!) in Ridgewood Village (SUPER close to the vet school, like 3 minute drive) ... shoot me an email once y'all get in if you're interested! Would be happy to show it during interviews as well. The trailer buying process was stressful ... when I went looking (in late March) they were being bought up so quickly that I had appointments canceling the day I was supposed to see them. Hoping to get ahead of that madness! 🙂 Fenced-in yard, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, washer/dryer/fridge all new in 2015 (when I started). Also including 2 bedroom sets, fake-leather reclining couch, coffee table, end tables, island, microwave ... everything down to the plates and silverware. I'm a second-career vet student so heading back home to my (already-furnished) house and won't need to bring anything back with me. Move-in ready! [email protected]
vetschoolapplicant4295
Full Member
Good luck y'all!!! I'm an OOS about to graduate from AUCVM ... will be selling my trailer (furnished!) in Ridgewood Village (SUPER close to the vet school, like 3 minute drive) ... shoot me an email once y'all get in if you're interested! Would be happy to show it during interviews as well. The trailer buying process was stressful ... when I went looking (in late March) they were being bought up so quickly that I had appointments canceling the day I was supposed to see them. Hoping to get ahead of that madness! 🙂 Fenced-in yard, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, washer/dryer/fridge all new in 2015 (when I started). Also including 2 bedroom sets, fake-leather reclining couch, coffee table, end tables, island, microwave ... everything down to the plates and silverware. I'm a second-career vet student so heading back home to my (already-furnished) house and won't need to bring anything back with me. Move-in ready! [email protected]
in regards to the trailers, is this the best option for housing at AUCVM in terms of quality and price? Is rental an option for the trailers, or does it make more sense to buy one based on the monthly cost?
Lions_n_Tigers_n_Dares
Hopefully c/o 2024
in regards to the trailers, is this the best option for housing at AUCVM in terms of quality and price? Is rental an option for the trailers, or does it make more sense to buy one based on the monthly cost?
Hi! I'm undergrad here, and I'd safely said that trailers are the best and cheapest option for AUVCM students considering that the three most popular trailer parks are either across the street from campus or less than 5 minutes away. Most apartment options you would have to cross or go around AU campus to reach, and they're normally much more expensive. Whether you buy or rent, you'll be paying lot rent and utilities, it really just depends on your financial situation and the availability of trailers in the area, but there's plenty of options to rent if you apply in time.
I would agree - trailers are super easy and I'd say at least half of the vet students live in them. They're SUPER close. I'm at Ridgewood & the monthly "lot rent" at my place is $260 (includes trash, water, + lawn care for areas outside the fence, also there is a sand volleyball court, tennis courts, and a pool), so is super reasonable. I've been told you should be able to get close to what you paid for out of the trailer when you sell it, pending there are no major issues (mine is great & I haven't had any problems at all!). Trailers are pretty reasonably priced and to be honest, when I sell mine, I'm pretty excited to put that chunk of change right back onto my student loans! 🙂
I have been super lazy (and since y'all don't know if you're in yet, I haven't had the urgency haha) about taking photos, but I will get them eventually! 🙂
I have been super lazy (and since y'all don't know if you're in yet, I haven't had the urgency haha) about taking photos, but I will get them eventually! 🙂
I emailed Mr. Sellars and he said the 2nd and final wave should be out this week! You might even get one about now.Does anyone know if they send invites out in waves or all at once based on previous cycles?
Has anyone IS received news about an interview?
Has anyone IS received news about an interview?
I haven’t heard anything. One of the emails had a timeline that said mid-January, so hopefully next week!
I haven’t heard anything. One of the emails had a timeline that said mid-January, so hopefully next week!
Ahhh I'm so excited (and nervous...)
Hi everyone! I'm a second-time IS (KY) applicant to Auburn and REALLY hoping for some good news this year! Good luck to everyone interviewing!
Has anyone IS heard about interviews?
Has anyone IS heard about interviews?
My trailer is officially listed & I've got photos up! For those of you coming to interview, if you want to see it, let me know! $19,500 or best offer, SUPER close (less than 5 min) to the vet school.
Photos available at: https://photos.app.goo.gl/CqbG7qMRBhTcXoa97
Photos available at: https://photos.app.goo.gl/CqbG7qMRBhTcXoa97
Does anyone have any do’s and don’ts for interview attire for females?
Generally, if you are wearing a skirt make sure its knee length. Your skirt and blazer (yes a blazer - not a cardigan. Cardigans are business casual.) should match - i.e. greys with greys etc. Flats are always acceptable...if you don't know how to walk in heels now is not the time to learn. Nobody will bat an eye if you are in flats but if you wear heels and can't walk in them it will make quite the impression when you stumble in. In terms of jewelry, you shouldn't wear more than one of each piece - i.e only one ring, only one bracelet, and you would want to make sure you are matching your metals. Gold with gold, silver with silver. Don't make the mistake of wearing something that you'll want to play with - I can't wear bracelets or rings because I will take them on and off. Iron everything beforehand. If you are freaked out about your hair a bun is always viewed as professional and acceptable, but for vet school interviews its common for people to wear their hair down.
source - it was my job for over a year to tag people who weren't dressed in business professional
Lions_n_Tigers_n_Dares
Hopefully c/o 2024
In state applicant, just got an interview invite! March 4-11!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS interview invite!
What about colors? I’ve been told conflicting things. Some say only grey and blacks, some say to stand out a little. I have a very dark burgundy suit. Not flashy at all and very professional. Think that’s okay? Black shirt heels, and will find a simple shirt for underneath.Generally, if you are wearing a skirt make sure its knee length. Your skirt and blazer (yes a blazer - not a cardigan. Cardigans are business casual.) should match - i.e. greys with greys etc. Flats are always acceptable...if you don't know how to walk in heels now is not the time to learn. Nobody will bat an eye if you are in flats but if you wear heels and can't walk in them it will make quite the impression when you stumble in. In terms of jewelry, you shouldn't wear more than one of each piece - i.e only one ring, only one bracelet, and you would want to make sure you are matching your metals. Gold with gold, silver with silver. Don't make the mistake of wearing something that you'll want to play with - I can't wear bracelets or rings because I will take them on and off. Iron everything beforehand. If you are freaked out about your hair a bun is always viewed as professional and acceptable, but for vet school interviews its common for people to wear their hair down.
source - it was my job for over a year to tag people who weren't dressed in business professional
What about colors? I’ve been told conflicting things. Some say only grey and blacks, some say to stand out a little. I have a very dark burgundy suit. Not flashy at all and very professional. Think that’s okay? Black shirt heels, and will find a simple shirt for underneath.
I think that should be fine!
Congrats to those who have heard back and rooting for those who are still waiting!