Auburn c/o 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Generally, if you are wearing a skirt make sure its knee length. Your skirt and blazer (yes a blazer - not a cardigan. Cardigans are business casual.) should match - i.e. greys with greys etc. Flats are always acceptable...if you don't know how to walk in heels now is not the time to learn. Nobody will bat an eye if you are in flats but if you wear heels and can't walk in them it will make quite the impression when you stumble in. In terms of jewelry, you shouldn't wear more than one of each piece - i.e only one ring, only one bracelet, and you would want to make sure you are matching your metals. Gold with gold, silver with silver. Don't make the mistake of wearing something that you'll want to play with - I can't wear bracelets or rings because I will take them on and off. Iron everything beforehand. If you are freaked out about your hair a bun is always viewed as professional and acceptable, but for vet school interviews its common for people to wear their hair down.

source - it was my job for over a year to tag people who weren't dressed in business professional
I am an IS KY resident who has her interview in March. I planned on wearing black pants, black heels, white shirt and a black and white blazer. Do you think the black and white blazer is too casual and not professional enough?

Members don't see this ad.

I am an IS KY resident who has her interview in March. I planned on wearing black pants, black heels, white shirt and a black and white blazer. Do you think the black and white blazer is too casual and not professional enough?
I'm sure that would be fine

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been invited to the official FB page?

Hey guys! Unfortunately, as much as I loved Auburn, I will be giving up my OOS spot because I got accepted to my IS school. I just can't afford 70k a year good luck to those on the wait list!

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to all the IS students interviewing this week! You're going to kill it!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when in-state/KY residents will hear about decisions? I just had my interview yesterday but am already so anxious to know!

Now that the KY/ instate interviews are over, how is everyone feeling? Hopefully we find out this week!

Does anybody that interviewed with the AL committee know the last name? I got Dr. Rowe and Dr. Boveland, but a Salsaritas bag was covering the nameplate for the last lady.

Members don't see this ad :)
IS ACCEPTED OH MY GOD

Reactions: 2 users
May I ask what your state (AL or KY) and last name start with? Slightly freaking out over here!

KY resident, last name starts with H! Try not to freak out, it kind of seems like they just started calling :)

Accepted IS KY resident, got the call about an hour and a half ago! Last name N. Best of luck to everyone else!

KY resident, accepted! I'm looking at trailers to buy, but I was wondering if there is a lending program down in Auburn that does loans for mobile homes for this purpose. Does anyone know how students who don't have 15-20k cash to buy a trailer typically do this?

So excited to be IS KY resident accepted! Now I am stressing about finding a place to live. I've heard that trailers are a good, cheap option. An apartment is always a good option too. Any advice on how to find a place to live and how to find roommates?

For those attending, on facebook, search "Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2023," I made a FB group for us so its easier!

For those attending, on facebook, search "Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2023," I made a FB group for us so its easier!
The school makes an official Facebook page for the class. Club officers will use the official class pages for club announcements and upperclassmen typically use that page for housing advertisements. Tajuan should send an e-mail out with an invite to join or you can e-mail him.

For those that have accepted, is there an enrollment deposit??

Pulled off of the OOS waitlist today! Will sadly be declining as I’ve accepted a seat at my in state school for tuition purposes. But I love auburn so much and am so sad to be declining

Just was pulled off around 11 am today. I don't know if I'm accepting or not. OOS resident

Reactions: 2 users
Are we assuming they're doing out of state before in state just like interviews? Or has anybody heard about the in state waitlist?

Turned it down. It hurt like A LOT but I also am happy with the decision to go to a different school.

Does anyone know how long I should wait till I start to finalize my in-between plans? I am on the wait list for out of state, however if I don't get in will need to take an additional summer course for next cycle and need to look into getting a place for grad school assuming I get in. I just don't want to put down a payment for those things until I know it's unlikely I am making it this round. I am still hopeful but also sorta need to face reality if that's the case.

Does anyone know how long I should wait till I start to finalize my in-between plans? I am on the wait list for out of state, however if I don't get in will need to take an additional summer course for next cycle and need to look into getting a place for grad school assuming I get in. I just don't want to put down a payment for those things until I know it's unlikely I am making it this round. I am still hopeful but also sorta need to face reality if that's the case.
The two big times you should expect to hear are now (the next few days) and just after this semester ends in case somebody fails a required course (not that I'm rooting for that, I hope you all do well and achieve everything you set out to do). I'm not sure when your deadlines are for applying to your summer course and housing, but as far as Tajuan has said, it could be as late as the second week of class.. You're welcome to email him if you'd like more detail, as they weren't too quick last year to notify the waitlisters that the class was full.

You’ll do great anywhere you go. Where did you end up deciding?? Thanks for letting me know.

Michigan State - I really want to work for the CDC and their dual program is a pretty good streamline for it. Auburn is my dream school but I decided I needed to go wherever would be best for my long term goals. Plus there are a lot of people in this chat who know without a doubt that Auburn is what they want so I figured one of you would be able to appreciate the spot more.

Michigan State - I really want to work for the CDC and their dual program is a pretty good streamline for it. Auburn is my dream school but I decided I needed to go wherever would be best for my long term goals. Plus there are a lot of people in this chat who know without a doubt that Auburn is what they want so I figured one of you would be able to appreciate the spot more.

That’s amazing!! Good luck!

OOS accepted and crying because I’m going to have to decline due to cost