You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Auburn c/o 2023
Started by DrinkWater95
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
What committees did accepted students interview with?
I interviewed with Spirit Committee
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Futuredogtor1728
New Member
whats the second letter of your last name?OOS accepted!!!!!!! Last name S I’m in shock!!!!
asrdvm2023
Full Member
What committees did accepted students interview with?
I had the valor committee
wannabeadogtor
Full Member
OOS acceptance!! Last name starts with a K and I interviewed with the Spirit Committee!! Congrats to everyone else!
Did you just get the call? (Same question to Panda)OOS acceptance!! Last name starts with a K and I interviewed with the Spirit Committee!! Congrats to everyone else!
zekepatel1997
Full Member
When did you interview?ACCEPTED !! OOS, Last name C. I missed the call at 3:30 but saw the post here and called them back! I am shaking, I can't believe it !! I Interviewed with the Spirit Committee as well !!
My interview was actually on Thursday the 7th, so only a few days ago.When did you interview?
Future_DVM_2023
Full Member
Did anyone interview with the Nova committee? I haven't seen any acceptances from that committee.
I interviewed with the NOVA committee and didn’t receive a call today.
wannabeadogtor
Full Member
i got the call at 4:18Did you just get the call? (Same question to Panda)
zekepatel1997
Full Member
congrats y'all 🙂My interview was actually on Thursday the 7th, so only a few days ago.
Futuredogtor1728
New Member
I also interviewed with nova and have not heard
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aucvm2023hopeful
Full Member
I interviewed with nova and got accepted
Did anyone interview with the Nova committee? I haven't seen any acceptances from that committee.
OOS call a little over an hour ago!! So excited. Last name starts with a T.
vetschoolapplicant4295
Full Member
Congrats to all! Soo.....does anyone know if they are doing calls for another day or we are now waiting on waitlists and rejections? Im just deciding if I should drink a plethora of wine now or later.
I’m gonna start now lol
Did anyone interview with the Nova committee? I haven't seen any acceptances from that committee.
I interviewed with the nova committee and got the call today.
Margo Plicatus
New Member
OOS acceptance. Interviewed 2/6. Called around 3:00 est.
iluvdogs100
Full Member
Did anyone that interviewed on monday (2/4) receive a call today?!?!?
vetschoolapplicant4295
Full Member
Did anyone that interviewed on monday (2/4) receive a call today?!?!?
I did not [emoji24]
russellplyr2
Full Member
OOS accepted ! Interviewed with Spirit Committee (Wed. 2/6) and received call this afternoon
Did anyone that interviewed on monday (2/4) receive a call today?!?!?
Yes, I interviewed last Monday with the Spirit committee and I was accepted yesterday
Future_DVM_2023
Full Member
OOS alternate!
vetschoolapplicant4295
Full Member
OOS alternate... there’s still hope
OOS alternate
OOS accepted!!
My last name starts with an S.
Edit: interviewed with Spirit and got the call at ~10AM CST today.
My last name starts with an S.Edit: interviewed with Spirit and got the call at ~10AM CST today.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
asrdvm2023
Full Member
Turning down my OOS seat because I got accepted to my IS school. Good luck everyone!
aucvm2023hopeful
Full Member
Is your IS school NC [emoji102]
Turning down my OOS seat because I got accepted to my IS school. Good luck everyone!
asrdvm2023
Full Member
Is your IS school NC [emoji102]
No Ohio State!!
FACEBOOK PAGE FOR CLASS OF 2023:
Log into Facebook | Facebook
Log into Facebook | Facebook
What were your stats if you don't mind sharing. ThanksOOS accepted!!!!!!! Last name S I’m in shock!!!!
2nd time applicant.What were your stats if you don't mind sharing. Thanks
3.52 GPA
1,000 undergrad research in molecular bio lab
150 ish hours large animal (shadowing)
About 3,500 small animal (work experience)
I also had quite a bit of community service and volunteer work
Hope this gives hope to those with lower GPAs!!!
Still waiting to hear from my IS, but Auburn is my dream school
asrdvm2023
Full Member
2nd time applicant.
3.52 GPA
1,000 undergrad research in molecular bio lab
150 ish hours large animal (shadowing)
About 3,500 small animal (work experience)
I also had quite a bit of community service and volunteer work
Hope this gives hope to those with lower GPAs!!!
Still waiting to hear from my IS, but Auburn is my dream school
I loved auburn but really did not love their OOS price lol
Everyone pray for the CVM and Auburn community, family, and first responders. There was a tragic fire that destroyed a 3rd years apartment. Here is her go fund me :
Click here to support Help Katie Get Back On Her Feet organized by Galina Pate
Click here to support Help Katie Get Back On Her Feet organized by Galina Pate
wannabeadogtor
Full Member
Does anyone know how many OOS applicants they initially accept?
Typically it is 40 OOS, 40 Alabama and 40 Kentucky. I did just find out I was accepted to my IS school so I will be calling/emailing Auburn to let them know they can give my spot to one of y’all!
Does anyone know how many OOS applicants they initially accept?
vetschoolapplicant4295
Full Member
Typically it is 40 OOS, 40 Alabama and 40 Kentucky. I did just find out I was accepted to my IS school so I will be calling/emailing Auburn to let them know they can give my spot to one of y’all!
So you think auburn really only accepts around 40 OOS and they don't over accept at all?
I’m sure it may fluctuate from year to year but that’s about averageSo you think auburn really only accepts around 40 OOS and they don't over accept at all?
vetschoolapplicant4295
Full Member
I’m sure it may fluctuate from year to year but that’s about average
That gives me hope!!! Thank you! Fingers crossed I get a call from them
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any current students around that I could talk to about what it's like to go to Auburn? Unfortunately when I interviewed, I didn't get to meet with too many folks.
Waitlisters: I called Admissions today and they said its very unlikely that they will call before April 16th unless they have droves of people drop before the deadline and they have 3 lists - OOS, in-state, and Kentucky (or whichever is the state they take extra of)
Can anyone recommend the best way to investigate housing around Auburn? The apartments are fairly easy to research but the websites I've come across for the trailer parks are less helpful. I am looking to live on my own (I'm probably one of the older people in the class and have done the roommate thing for a lot of years now🙂) and trying to find the most cost effective way to do so. Any insight is greatly appreciated!
Other questions:
- What is the deal with ordering tablets? Anyone know the brand and cost?
- What is the average space rental per month to live in the trailer parks, assuming you own your trailer?
- What is everyone doing in terms of financial aid and getting that ball rolling?
These questions might be premature but I am so anxious to start figuring it all out! Congrats to all accepted, and best of luck to those waitlisted!
Other questions:
- What is the deal with ordering tablets? Anyone know the brand and cost?
- What is the average space rental per month to live in the trailer parks, assuming you own your trailer?
- What is everyone doing in terms of financial aid and getting that ball rolling?
These questions might be premature but I am so anxious to start figuring it all out! Congrats to all accepted, and best of luck to those waitlisted!