Auburn c/o 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My interview is tomorrow and I'm so nervous! Anyone have any advice? For those who have interviewed before, is it conversational/open file, or do they ask specific questions off a list?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My interview is tomorrow and I'm so nervous! Anyone have any advice? For those who have interviewed before, is it conversational/open file, or do they ask specific questions off a list?

Also interested in hearing about this!! Mine is Friday (OOS from Ohio)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Mine last year was definitely conversational, and I'm pretty sure it was open file. I think they have a few questions that they want to ask, but the conversation can go in different directions depending on how you answer. My advice would be to know your application really well and take time to think before you answer. They're all really nice there, so just relax and it'll be over before you know it. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just had an interview today and it was completely conversational. There are two interviewers and they asked me a lot about my experiences that I listed on VMCAS.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how long after an interview we find out if we are accepted? I'm OOS and interviewed yesterday if that helps.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how long after an interview we find out if we are accepted? I'm OOS and interviewed yesterday if that helps.
They called the people accepted on Thursday the 15th last year, and then waitlist and rejection emails came the next day.

Does anyone who interviewed yesterday (1/30) know the names of the Spirit Committee interviewers? I walked out in such a daze my memory was wiped.

I emailed Mr. Sellars and he said we can expect to hear 12 days following the last at-large interview which is scheduled at 4:30pm on February 7th.

Does anyone who interviewed yesterday (1/30) know the names of the Spirit Committee interviewers? I walked out in such a daze my memory was wiped.
I had the Spirit Committee on Tuesday and I can only remember the faculty name, which was Christopherson.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had the Spirit Committee on Tuesday and I can only remember the faculty name, which was Christopherson.

I had a Wednesday interview with the spirit committee the two people who interviewed me were Pete Christopherson and Celia Thompson.

Hey guys! I interviewed today with the Nova committee. I am an at-large applicant. I was wondering what everyone's experiences were with this interview committee?

Hey guys! I interviewed today with the Nova committee. I am an at-large applicant. I was wondering what everyone's experiences were with this interview committee?

I interviewed yesterday with the Nova committee as well and I loved them! They were really friendly

I had a great experience with Dr. Lofton and Dr. Lea on the Nova committee. We had actual discussions rather than me just answering questions and them taking notes, which made it easier to settle into it.

hello i am interviewing tomorrow, OOS. to any current students on here what made AU stand out to you? and there is a dress code correct and mandatory classes?

Hi guys! Im asking for a friend, she interviewed today with Auburn and was wondering when will acceptances/waitlist/rejections be sent out? Do they do calls for acceptances or mail/email? If they do calls, Does anyone know the area code that these calls were made so my friend can be on the look out for the call. :)

Hi guys! Im asking for a friend, she interviewed today with Auburn and was wondering when will acceptances/waitlist/rejections be sent out? Do they do calls for acceptances or mail/email? If they do calls, Does anyone know the area code that these calls were made so my friend can be on the look out for the call. :)
Hey! Some people were saying we should hear on the 15th of February or the following week. If you are accepted, then the Dean will call you. The area code is 334 (I'm almost positive) and it should say Auburn, AL. If you are on the waitlist or denied, then you will receive an email the day following the phone calls of acceptance. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! Some people were saying we should hear on the 15th of February or the following week. If you are accepted, then the Dean will call you. The area code is 334 (I'm almost positive) and it should say Auburn, AL. If you are on the waitlist or denied, then you will receive an email the day following the phone calls of acceptance. Good luck!

Thank you! Do you know if by any chance she misses the call if he will leave a voicemail? Or will accepted individuals also get an email regarding their acceptance later on?

Thank you! Do you know if by any chance she misses the call if he will leave a voicemail? Or will accepted individuals also get an email regarding their acceptance later on?
No problem! If she misses the call, then Mr. Sellars will leave her a voicemail to call him back and he will transfer her to the Dean. Hope this helps!

hello i am interviewing tomorrow, OOS. to any current students on here what made AU stand out to you? and there is a dress code correct and mandatory classes?
Yes, there is a professional dress code (no jeans, sweatpants, etc) and class attendance is mandatory. I am a current student and the best things about Auburn are the amazing faculty, friendly people, and our teaching hospital is #1 in the US. You also get experience with practicing physical exams with real animals in spring of first year and the shelter vets club has rounds at the humane society every month to further practice your physical exam skills. Other clubs provide more hands-on experience with wet labs and rounds. Not sure how early other schools do surgery classes, but our surgical experience occurs spring of second year and continues into third year. As a vet student you have access to the main campus rec center so you don't need a private gym membership or anything. The town also has unique local shops and restaurants, and plenty other experiences like the dog park, arboretum, nature center, art museum, etc. Opelika, AL is about 15 minutes away and Atlanta is 1.5 hrs away, providing more shops, restaurants, and experiences for you to enjoy your life outside of class/studying when you have time.

Hope your interview went well & if you have other questions, feel free to pm me :)

Does anyone know much about research opportunities for DVM students at Auburn? I'm interested in their DVM/PhD combined program as well but can't seem to find much info on that through their website!

Hey guys! For those who have interviewed, did you take anything into the interview? Like transcripts or what not. I did last year but didn’t touch them during the interview. And I keep rereading our emails from Auburn and can’t find anything that says we should. I interview tomorrow morning and just want to be sure!

Hey guys! For those who have interviewed, did you take anything into the interview? Like transcripts or what not. I did last year but didn’t touch them during the interview. And I keep rereading our emails from Auburn and can’t find anything that says we should. I interview tomorrow morning and just want to be sure!

All I brought in was a notebook. They have already thoroughly read your entire application.

All I brought in was a notebook. They have already thoroughly read your entire application.
Did they ask any surprising questions or was it just conversational and wanting to know about you as a person? I’m so nervous but also just so excited!

Did they ask any surprising questions or was it just conversational and wanting to know about you as a person? I’m so nervous but also just so excited!

I interviewed with Valor on 2/4 and it was my favorite interview by far. So conversational and I felt really comfortable, initially I was nervous but after talking to the interviewers for a couple minutes, I felt much better

I loved my interview I felt so hyped afterwards
There were no suprising questions they just asked me about my packet almost exclusively and talked about my unique experiences.

Does anyone know much about research opportunities for DVM students at Auburn? I'm interested in their DVM/PhD combined program as well but can't seem to find much info on that through their website!
They have a summer scholars program where you can complete a research project with a faculty member. You'll receive a stipend during this time. As far as the DVM/PhD I believe you apply for the PhD once you've received an acceptance. If you have specific questions reach out to Dr. Bartol's office, he's the associate Dean of research and interim graduate studies director. You can find emails for him and his admin, Amelia, on Auburn's website.

They have a summer scholars program where you can complete a research project with a faculty member. You'll receive a stipend during this time. As far as the DVM/PhD I believe you apply for the PhD once you've received an acceptance. If you have specific questions reach out to Dr. Bartol's office, he's the associate Dean of research and interim graduate studies director. You can find emails for him and his admin, Amelia, on Auburn's website.
Thank you! I'll try to reach out to them then!

The last group of interviewees go tomorrow! Good luck to everyone, and hopefully we hear back very soon!!!

The last group of interviewees go tomorrow! Good luck to everyone, and hopefully we hear back very soon!!!

this is actually going to be the longest week of my life. Tajuan said we should hear back latest by the end of next week if everything goes as planned. ffrrrreaking out!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Saying a little prayer for a phone call this week :rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Reactions: 4 users
OOS acceptance calls are going out! OOS Accepted!

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone else heard? Are we sure they are doing alphabetical? I’m shaking!!

My last name is B so I hope they arent calling alphabetically but looks like they are

It's been over an hour I'm getting so nervous :nailbiting:

OOS acceptance!!! Last name starts with S