You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey Everyone! I'm a CT resident and I got accepted today via email! It is my first acceptance letter and I'm SO EXCITED! I worked so hard to get here and I can't wait to get to PEI in the fall! WoooHOOOOO 

Congrats SecondOpinion! 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Everyone! I'm a CT resident and I got accepted today via email! It is my first acceptance letter and I'm SO EXCITED! I worked so hard to get here and I can't wait to get to PEI in the fall! WoooHOOOOO![]()
Congrats! Surprised to hear already since they're still doing interviews! You must have been near the top of their list pre-interview. See you next year! Message me if you have any questions about AVC or PEI.
Another day, another empty mailbox (except for a McDonald's coupon book). There go my hopes of possibly getting an envelope early.
Another day, another empty mailbox (except for a McDonald's coupon book). There go my hopes of possibly getting an envelope early.
I hear ya! I got that coupon yesterday, today was a bill from Eastlink. As long as we don't have to wait past the weekend, I'm pretty sure I can hold on to my sanity.
I got excited when I saw that you posted...I was like "OMG she got hers!"
I got a Greenhawk flyer yesterday. 🙄 (On the bright side, breeches are 50% off!)
I'll have to rush home from campus tomorrow to check. And very sorry to give you a heart attack! Ignore any and all posts from me unless I post on the Interview Invites thread. 😉
(Is that your horse? I can't get over how much it looks like my instructor's horse. Same colour and same big white face.)
I'll have to rush home from campus tomorrow to check. And very sorry to give you a heart attack! Ignore any and all posts from me unless I post on the Interview Invites thread. 😉
(Is that your horse? I can't get over how much it looks like my instructor's horse. Same colour and same big white face.)
If I get in, I sincerely hope you guys will be able to recommend a place to ride. I don't know what I'll do if I don't get to see ponies on a regular basis 😉
We may be barn-hunting together, that redhead. "My" pony is here in NS. Though my riding instructor is originally from PEI so might be able to recommend some good barns near AVC.
Yes, that is my horse. I've seen others that look a lot like him as well. He'll probably be moving to PEI with me (IF I get to go) and I wouldn't mind sharing him with someone who needs their regular dose of horsiness. If he doesn't come to PEI he'd be going to stay with a friend in NB.
Just for the hell of it I checked the mail again....still nothing (go figure). I think I'm going to have a hard time sleeping tonight because the lady at the post office siad the mail comes in overnight (yes, I asked her). So all I'm going to be thinking, is it here yet? What about now? I think these last few days have taken years off of my life!
Just for the hell of it I checked the mail again....still nothing (go figure). I think I'm going to have a hard time sleeping tonight because the lady at the post office siad the mail comes in overnight (yes, I asked her). So all I'm going to be thinking, is it here yet? What about now? I think these last few days have taken years off of my life!
1
168135
I actually don't want it to come.
Yes, that is my horse. I've seen others that look a lot like him as well. He'll probably be moving to PEI with me (IF I get to go) and I wouldn't mind sharing him with someone who needs their regular dose of horsiness. If he doesn't come to PEI he'd be going to stay with a friend in NB.
Just for the hell of it I checked the mail again....still nothing (go figure). I think I'm going to have a hard time sleeping tonight because the lady at the post office siad the mail comes in overnight (yes, I asked her). So all I'm going to be thinking, is it here yet? What about now? I think these last few days have taken years off of my life!
Yeah, I just went out to check again too, thinking "Well, sometimes the junk mail comes before the actual mail..." Nope. I did this last year too.
Coquette is my leased mare, she belongs to my riding instructor, but I've been with her for almost 6 years, so it feels like she's mine. The thought of leaving her is really hard. (Though instructor has said that Coquette will probably be my graduation gift if I make it through vet school; instructor will be ready to retire by then and will be downsizing her school horses and Coquette's promised to me.)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1
168135
Lab Rat... if you're interested in having a little SDN meet-up Saturday night, PM me. I'll be in the area!
Lab Rat... if you're interested in having a little SDN meet-up Saturday night, PM me. I'll be in the area!
Oooo that sounds fun! Although, I live about 50 mins away from the city so I might not make it. I'll PM you my phone number for texting just in case and I'll get yours from you.
Still nothing!!!😡😡 My boyfriend was even sweet enough to stay home from work for the morning just to check the mail with me! I doubt he'd do the same tomorrow. It was definately very thoughtful and supportive of him.
I had some crazy wild dreams about it last night too! I wonder what I'll dream about tonight.
1
168135
It better not come in the mail tomorrow. I'll be on the road before the mail gets in 😛
I had some crazy wild dreams about it last night too! I wonder what I'll dream about tonight.
I dreamt about zombies last night...
Still nothing, but it's not even noon yet, and sometimes the carrier doesn't get to my building until the afternoon.
I just went and checked the email that I got from AVC back in December-ish for application confirmation. It said that invites would be sent out approximately March 10th. So, is there a chance that maybe they aren't even sending them out until today? 🙁 I am SOOO tired of WAITING!
I just went and checked the email that I got from AVC back in December-ish for application confirmation. It said that invites would be sent out approximately March 10th. So, is there a chance that maybe they aren't even sending them out until today? 🙁 I am SOOO tired of WAITING!
Goodness! I hope not! I can't last that long.
I'll summarize the crazy dream I had. I got my interview invite and then me and my bf went partying at a wedding. We got wasted and then couldn't remember anything. We didn't know whether or not I got my invite or a rejection and we couldn't find the letter. We went on this big search for the letter which somehow included sea turtles on skate boards. By far the weirdest dream I've ever had.
WHOAH! CT as in Connecticut? When did you interview? That is so nuts! CONGRATS!
Yup! Connecticut resident! I interviewed on February 17th and I wasn't expecting to hear anything until the first week in April. I was offered early acceptance on Monday afternoon by email, and I couldn't be happier! I can't wait to get to PEI in the fall! 🙂
Yup! Connecticut resident! I interviewed on February 17th and I wasn't expecting to hear anything until the first week in April. I was offered early acceptance on Monday afternoon by email, and I couldn't be happier! I can't wait to get to PEI in the fall! 🙂
Decisions were done Fri so you should hear very soon. Don't know what day mailed. I got mine on a Fri I think.
Thanks for the update. 🙂 I know I got mine on the 10th last year (because they said "around the 10th" and I was amazed that it came on the 10th). Hopefully tomorrow, otherwise this could be a long weekend!
Still nothing! I did however, receive an invitation to a friend's wedding, so I was pleased to have received that.
Monday is my boyfriend's birthday. I'm hoping that if it comes then, it'll be good news. Then we'll have a good reason to celebrate/drink on a Monday night🙂
Getting the interview is the scary part for me. My grades and GRE that are average, it's the rest of my application that I'm quite proud of.
Have a good weekend everyone!
Monday is my boyfriend's birthday. I'm hoping that if it comes then, it'll be good news. Then we'll have a good reason to celebrate/drink on a Monday night🙂
Getting the interview is the scary part for me. My grades and GRE that are average, it's the rest of my application that I'm quite proud of.
Have a good weekend everyone!
1
168135
Still nothing! I did however, receive an invitation to a friend's wedding, so I was pleased to have received that.
I got a headband and an old school video game that I won off Ebay lol 😛
😀 got my letter, my interview is Wednesday June 1st!!!! yayyyy I hope you all hear soon!
1
168135
😀 got my letter, my interview is Wednesday June 1st!!!! yayyyy I hope you all hear soon!
Yayyyyy!
I'm stuck at school until 6 🙄
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yay, AnimalHouse!
SH: No more posting! You gave me a heart attack! I thought "YAY! SHE GOT AN INTERVIEW!"
SH: No more posting! You gave me a heart attack! I thought "YAY! SHE GOT AN INTERVIEW!"
Yayyyyy!
I'm stuck at school until 6 🙄
I'm at school too until about 6 but I've been so excited lately that I told my mom she had to open the letter and text me if it came 😎
She sent an all caps lock message to add drama lol
Thursday June 2nd! 😀
So so sorry, Labrat. 🙁
So so sorry, Labrat. 🙁
1
168135
Rejected 🙁 Not the news I wanted to get on my boyfriend's birthday.
Good luck to all the rest!
Aww, sorry Lab Rat 🙁
Now I know what to expect when I get home. Ah well. Just means that I might get to go away next year to get some more courses under my belt 😀 Also, going to the city is now a possibility. The boyfriend will be needing a place to stay next year.
I wonder if the order in which they interview us has anything to do with rank or if we just go in random order... So it is 3 people per day?
I'm in! 🙂
AnimalHouse, at least for international applicants I don't think it mattered the order. SecondOpinion (a few posts up) was interviewed 2/17; I was interviewed 3/2 and we've both been accepted so my inclination is that the interviews are randomized.
AnimalHouse, at least for international applicants I don't think it mattered the order. SecondOpinion (a few posts up) was interviewed 2/17; I was interviewed 3/2 and we've both been accepted so my inclination is that the interviews are randomized.
I AM SO EXCITED! CONGRATS! I am especially excited because you interviewed 3/2. Which means I could hopefully hear something soon. I interviewed 3/8, did you receive an email from Sharon?
Yep, I got an email from Sharon. In my acceptance letter (attached PDF to the email) it mentioned that I was offered an "early acceptance" position because of the "strength of (my) application". I'm not sure what the parameters are for a particularly strong application (you can see my stats in the successful applicants thread - yay!) so you may here soon or you may have to wait a bit, depending. Good luck

That's awesome, Happycats! Mini-SDN meet-up! 😀 I will be the remarkably short one. Now, I just have to sort out a suit. I bought a cheap one for last year, and the jacket is still fine, but I wore the pants all summer at work, and the stitching is loose in some places.
I was planning on wearing a skirt, obviously an appropriate one. I was just thinking since they are in June. Do we have to wear pants, would a skirt be a bad idea? Does everyone go on the tour together or is it individual?
Tour is group, lunch is group, interviews are individual. I wouldn't see a problem with a skirt, you certainly don't have to wear pants. I'm wearing pants, if only because I'm horribly uncomfortable in skirts. 

1
168135
Congrats to those of you with interviews!
If you haven't heard already, I've been rejected! I was anticipating this! Apparently my grad school friend got rejected too and she had a higher average than me 🙄
Anyhow... I have a plan:
Live with the boyfriend next year, since he'll be needing a place to stay. We'll see how that goes.
Take a couple upper level chem classes (50s and 60s in those... blech), take an upper level physics (68 in that... I was sick... blech), take an english (74 because I was pompous and thought I knew everything there was to know about essay writing) and possibly take an upper level micro (79 in that) at a large university. All of my other grades are in the 81-91 range. Will probably take 3 courses each semester and work on the side.
Buy some more GRE-prep materials and re-take the darn thing this summer! I need to get my hands on some more practice tests.
Whooooo!
I'm a little nervous about not taking a year off to work... but if I take time off from school, my gen chem I, gen chem II, english I, english II (which I got an 85 in), cell bio I, and cell bio II (89) will be over 5 years old at that point. It's good in one sense because my chem marks SUCK, but I will also be throwing away some perfectly good 80s as well.
Good luck everyone
Please don't forget about Lab Rat and I and any newbies who might be in the same boat!
If you haven't heard already, I've been rejected! I was anticipating this! Apparently my grad school friend got rejected too and she had a higher average than me 🙄
Anyhow... I have a plan:
Live with the boyfriend next year, since he'll be needing a place to stay. We'll see how that goes.
Take a couple upper level chem classes (50s and 60s in those... blech), take an upper level physics (68 in that... I was sick... blech), take an english (74 because I was pompous and thought I knew everything there was to know about essay writing) and possibly take an upper level micro (79 in that) at a large university. All of my other grades are in the 81-91 range. Will probably take 3 courses each semester and work on the side.
Buy some more GRE-prep materials and re-take the darn thing this summer! I need to get my hands on some more practice tests.
Whooooo!
I'm a little nervous about not taking a year off to work... but if I take time off from school, my gen chem I, gen chem II, english I, english II (which I got an 85 in), cell bio I, and cell bio II (89) will be over 5 years old at that point. It's good in one sense because my chem marks SUCK, but I will also be throwing away some perfectly good 80s as well.
Good luck everyone

Please don't forget about Lab Rat and I and any newbies who might be in the same boat!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sounds like a plan, SH. I'm not sure if you'll find an upper year micro course that will fulfill AVC's requirements. I know at my school, the only micro class with a lab is the intro class, because apparently the upper year classes would all just be too expensive to run with labs.
1
168135
Its the same at my university.
79 in micro isn't a deal breaker if I can up everything else a notch or two!
79 in micro isn't a deal breaker if I can up everything else a notch or two!
Sorry about the rejection SH, it seems like you've got a good plan though.
I had a lot of success with the Kaplan GRE study material. I didn't take a practice course or anything, I just used the books. I"d recommend grabbing some off of amazon.com and just working through everything. I didn't take a practice test in the beginning to gauge my starting point but I got a 1330 on the real thing just from using the books for the three weeks before the test.
I had a lot of success with the Kaplan GRE study material. I didn't take a practice course or anything, I just used the books. I"d recommend grabbing some off of amazon.com and just working through everything. I didn't take a practice test in the beginning to gauge my starting point but I got a 1330 on the real thing just from using the books for the three weeks before the test.
1
168135
I've got the kaplan books and flashcards... it's just a matter or working my way though them. I want to get some more practice tests too.
My friend getting rejected after going to grad school is a real shocker. So, I could get a double doctorate and still not get into vet school just because undergrad chemistry and I just don't get along?? 😕
So... I'm going to give it another year and see what happens.
Darn, I wish I was born in PEI!
My friend getting rejected after going to grad school is a real shocker. So, I could get a double doctorate and still not get into vet school just because undergrad chemistry and I just don't get along?? 😕
So... I'm going to give it another year and see what happens.
Darn, I wish I was born in PEI!
If you're around again, I'll give you my Princeton Review book, it's got a few practice tests in it, plus a couple more online. I'm really hoping to not have to take the GRE ever again...