AVC/UPEI c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Were you told your WSAB was below avg. this year? Tracy never mentioned it for my “file review”.
Yes she said it was, whatever she didn't mention was above average though! I had to double check with her.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Once you're a resident you can go back to school full time and it doesn't affect your residency, so if you're already a PEI resident you can go back to school as a PEI resident. That 12 months only applies to change your residency! :) So you could upgrade this year if that's something you wanted to do. You could even go to school outside the province if you really wanted to, as long as you aren't anywhere else for 12 consecutive months while not being a full time student! I hope that makes sense haha

Okay that is what I thought the situation was! But I recently got an email from Tracy saying that I had to meet the residency requirement again because I had been back to Ontario so that is why I thought I couldn't be in school. I will have to email her again to clarify! Thanks for your help :)

Okay that is what I thought the situation was! But I recently got an email from Tracy saying that I had to meet the residency requirement again because I had been back to Ontario so that is why I thought I couldn't be in school. I will have to email her again to clarify! Thanks for your help :)

Unless they’ve changed it, that’s how it was! I did my undergrad in Ontario and because I was a full time student for 8 of 12 months of the year, I was always still considered a resident of NL! As long as you don’t leave PEI before your 12 months are up to change your residency, you should be good :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I'm having trouble getting in contact with Tracy (trying to confirm my courses will count for pre-reqs, classes for my uni are likely already full since it's been so long since trying to get an answer from UPEI!) I understand my questions may not be prioritized, but is anybody else experiencing this?

Any gotten their login for the AVC student hub? Feel like I’m missing information and school starts soon!!

Reactions: 1 user
Any gotten their login for the AVC student hub? Feel like I’m missing information and school starts soon!!

nope! I was wondering that too. I just see on myupei that our courses and stuff have been posted to my schedule and also my tuition and fees are posted to my financial statement and they weren’t there last week so I think they might be doing all that stuff now ! I hope so anyway

Reactions: 1 users
nope! I was wondering that too. I just see on myupei that our courses and stuff have been posted to my schedule and also my tuition and fees are posted to my financial statement and they weren’t there last week so I think they might be doing all that stuff now ! I hope so anyway

Good to know thanks!

Does anyone know when Jack will be back from his leave? I know Tracy is on vacation Currently. Thanks in advance!

Hey guys! I can't seem to find a 2025 hopefuls thread so I'm posting here. I was in the middle of getting books for the GRE then realized they are not requiring it for applications this year!! I had taken it last year and was dreading a re-take.

Hi! We should definitely make a new thread for 2025! and yes it is not required this year! Im interested to see how things pan out this way!
Hey guys! I can't seem to find a 2025 hopefuls thread so I'm posting here. I was in the middle of getting books for the GRE then realized they are not requiring it for applications this year!! I had taken it last year and was dreading a re-take.

Hi All! I was on the alternate list last year for AVC and have another interview this year. I was wondering if those who were successful in the admission process last year could give some tips or advice regarding interviews. Thanks :)
Also, feel free to let us know how the first year went!

Hi All! I was on the alternate list last year for AVC and have another interview this year. I was wondering if those who were successful in the admission process last year could give some tips or advice regarding interviews. Thanks :)
Also, feel free to let us know how the first year went!
It's always hard to say because they don't release our interview scores. I will say I had one of my mentors practice interviewing me over video to simulate the online format and I thought that helped! I also filmed myself answering questions so I could see if I had any bad habits (turns out, I fidget a lot!) I needed to be aware of. :)

It's always hard to say because they don't release our interview scores. I will say I had one of my mentors practice interviewing me over video to simulate the online format and I thought that helped! I also filmed myself answering questions so I could see if I had any bad habits (turns out, I fidget a lot!) I needed to be aware of. :)
Thank you for your advice :)