AVC/UPEI c/o 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone with an interview offer been given their date and time yet? I keep stressing about it because it falls right during my exams season this year

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone!
I need some advice. This was my second year applying and I didn’t get an interview. I know that I need to improve my first and second year chemistry mark (organic Chem is fine) to be considered next year. Does anyone know what I can use to improve these, as I know we can’t redo for 10 years?

Hey! I would email Tracy, that way you can make sure the courses would be acceptable replacements! I had to replace my math mark and Tracy was very helpful!

Hi everyone! I got an interview (NS) and was wondering if anyone has gotten a specific date yet? I RSVPd a week ago and haven’t heard anything yet. Also any tips for how to prepare?

Members don't see this ad :)
I had an interview last year and they are generally very relaxed with easy questions regarding your animal/veterinary experience.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! I got an interview (NS) and was wondering if anyone has gotten a specific date yet? I RSVPd a week ago and haven’t heard anything yet. Also any tips for how to prepare?
I’m in the same boat! RSVPd but no response yet

Reactions: 1 user
I’m in the same boat! RSVPd but no response yet
I also RSVPd last week (NL applicant). Haven't received a date yet. I believe we will get them this week coming as the deadline to RSVP the invite is April 4th. I am very nervous that they might take place during final exams. Don't know about anyone else but I have exams right up until April 25th.

I also RSVPd last week (NL applicant). Haven't received a date yet. I believe we will get them this week coming as the deadline to RSVP the invite is April 4th. I am very nervous that they might take place during final exams. Don't know about anyone else but I have exams right up until April 25th.
i’m in exactly the same position! i have exams from the 21st to the 25th

SOS! Does anyone know if Biochemistry can be used as an upgrading course for chemistry or bio?

My interview in November was super conversational :) Just try to relax and be yourself, let your personality come through! They'll ask about your experiences and vet med stuff in general so make sure to refresh on the stuff you wrote about if it was a while ago. They're normal (and nice!) people and aren't trying to trip you up or anything haha also I'd have some questions prepared that you want to ask them!

My interview in November was super conversational :) Just try to relax and be yourself, let your personality come through! They'll ask about your experiences and vet med stuff in general so make sure to refresh on the stuff you wrote about if it was a while ago. They're normal (and nice!) people and aren't trying to trip you up or anything haha also I'd have some questions prepared that you want to ask them!
That’s amazing thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my interview for April 19th at @2:00pm (NL applicant)

I haven’t gotten a notice yet (NS) but I’m assuming they’re sending them out one by one and there are probably about 80 people so it might take a few days!

I received my date on thursday (NB), they must just be working through the list!

Hey! For those of you haven’t received their date yet, I sent out a new quick email to Tracy and they thought they’d sent me my date last week via email (though I couldn’t find anything in my spam or any of my inboxes). I’m booked for April 20th at 1:30pm!

Hey! For those of you haven’t received their date yet, I sent out a new quick email to Tracy and they thought they’d sent me my date last week via email (though I couldn’t find anything in my spam or any of my inboxes). I’m booked for April 20th at 1:30pm!
Yes me too! Mine got sent on the 6th of April but they accidentally mistyped my email. I’m April 19th at 11am!

Yes me too! Mine got sent on the 6th of April but they accidentally mistyped my email. I’m April 19th at 11am!
Have you gotten your zoom link yet? They told me they’d send mine today, but I haven’t gotten anything and I’m scared they got my email wrong again haha

Have you gotten your zoom link yet? They told me they’d send mine today, but I haven’t gotten anything and I’m scared they got my email wrong again haha
Yeah I did get mine so maybe wait until tomorrow morning and see but if they don’t send it by then maybe send an email asking about it.

Yeah I did get mine so maybe wait until tomorrow morning and see but if they don’t send it by then maybe send an email asking about it.
Turns out they got my email wrong when sending me the link as well! Surprised I even received my invite at this point lol

Turns out they got my email wrong when sending me the link as well! Surprised I even received my invite at this point lol
Dang maybe there’s some error with some technology they’re using? Idk though, I thought I must’ve been the only one, but clearly not

What is everyone wearing for their interview? I have a blazer but I also have a really nice sweater as well so I was wondering what everyone would suggest?

What is everyone wearing for their interview? I have a blazer but I also have a really nice sweater as well so I was wondering what everyone would suggest?
I wore a suit, as did the other people I interviewed with. I would probably go for the blazer if those are your two options.

I have a question for any domestic applicants. Have any of you ever taken courses through Athabasca University in Alberta (NS resident so will be taking courses online)? Did you have any issues with the online courses meeting the requirements for the 10 required courses we need? I'm graduating in May and don't want to have to apply somewhere for an actual degree program again so I'm just looking to take undergraduate courses to upgrade some of my lower marks. Just wondering about like transcripts and stuff like that and if there were any issues. TIA!

Last edited:
Has anyone on the international alternates list heard anything yet?

I was curious about whether anyone interviewing this week has received information about the WSA test yet?

Anyone else get the email with the virtual tour? So sad we can’t be there in person :(

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys! I was just wondering if anyone had suggestions for the best banks in Canada/on PEI for an international student! Any input is appreciated

Had previously accepted my international seat but was pulled from the waitlist at a US school and will be accepting my seat there instead. Good luck to those of you on the waitlist!

Hi guys! I was just wondering if anyone had suggestions for the best banks in Canada/on PEI for an international student! Any input is appreciated
Many of my international friends went with CIBC!

I did TD bank and was very pleased with them. Transferring my money back at the end was straight-forward too. I believe they also have branches in the US (but I have Captial One).

A reminder to everyone to send their winter transcripts if you haven’t already! I slightly forgot about mine haha :)

Did anyone else’s final transcripts not get received? Because I just had to resend mine even though my university said they were sent on the 13th. Maybe they got lost in the mail?

Has anyone that didn’t get an interview heard from Tracy yet regarding feedback on their application?

Has anyone that didn’t get an interview heard from Tracy yet regarding feedback on their application?
I haven't! I found an email from her in my spam (from early March) about a course that I was "missing", but I had contacted an admissions advisor in the past who told me the course I had taken for that credit was acceptable. I'm suspicious that may have gotten my application thrown out early on so I'm very excited to hear from her!