Back to Basics WW: A Cycling Edition - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Karabiner13

Ohio State c/o 2018
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
ezgif-4-1010578383.jpg

Pelotonia. Not only is it a ride, it's a 3-day experience that includes a weekend of cycling. It's also a grassroots movement to support cancer research with 100% raised going to cancer research at the James Cancer Hospital. Some of the funds even support cancer research at the Veterinary Medical Center.

All the riders were gathered at McPherson Commons ready to begin after eating a breakfast sponsored by Bob Evans. The virtual riders were scattered along the route ready to cheer on their friends when they needed it most. They had their best, most creative signs ready to encourage the tired legs to keep pedaling.

pel-header.jpg

@WildZoo and @Karabiner13 had spent the last year training for this with the goal of riding 100 miles from Columbus to Gambier. They looked at the crowd of cyclists that surrounded them. Some of them were their closest friends that they had spent countless hours training with. Despite all that training and preparation, they had yet to decide which route they would take when they reached Dutch Lane. Would they choose to go the hilly route or the hillier route for the last 30 miles? Would they reach the finish line at Kenyon College or would there be those who would stop them from finishing? No matter what happens during the ride, they only had one thought in their minds as they began pedaling - One Goal: End Cancer!

It is to your benefit to read the following completely ;)

Roles
1x Town Tracker (High Roller)
1x Town Bodyguard (Granville)
2x Town Masons (Ride Buddies)
9x Vanilla Townie (Riders)

1x Mafia Ninja (Pothole)
1x 1-shot Mafia Strongman (Nail)
2x Mafia Goons (Bennington Chapel Road and Reynolds Road)

Mechanics
1. If you did not get a PM, you are a
Rider - Vanilla Townie
2. Majority is not in effect
3. Mafia kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, roleblocked, etc
4. There is no conversion
5. There is no pm'ing outside of masons and mafia
6. If the lynch vote ends in a tie
- 1st tie: RNG 1 person
- 2nd tie and on: Both die
7. Write-ups are only flare. There are no hints in them and are for entertainment only

Rules
1. There is no pm'ing outside mod created pm's

2. Don't edit lynch votes. But you may edit posts
3. In general, deadlines will be as follows: Night closes at 6:30am EST, Lynch closes at 10pm EST. Night may close early if all actions are in and a mod is around
4. Dead and spectators must post in **** stars ****
5. There is no minimum post requirement
. However, we expect good participation from all of you. If you need to be subbed out, let us know and we'll attempt to find one. Please don't make us mod kill you

It is now D1. Lynch closes at 10pm est (8/12/18)

Cyclists
1. @Crayola227
2. @johnnaboo
3. @PippyPony
4. @raf2769
5. @Animal Midwife
6. @Skimble
7. @Stagg737
8. @cheathac
9. @bryndiana.jones
10. @dolphin106258
11. @SnowshoeDog143
12. @genny
13. @katashark
14. @SportPonies
15. @WeimMama
16. @allieh8607
17. @Mad Jack

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I can't even begin to explain how excited this setup makes me. I love this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Lynch cheat

Welcome back!

Reactions: 1 user
4/17 as wolves - that's a pretty high ratio for us to start with, guise

anyone want to tell me what ninja and strongman are without me resorting to mafia wiki? I'm sure we'd all rather I not go that far D1

lynch Allie

I owe her for last game, breaking the tie in Mel's favor and killing me :mad:
lol, I mean, how misguided can you get?? :p

Members don't see this ad :)
4/17 as wolves - that's a pretty high ratio for us to start with, guise

anyone want to tell me what ninja and strongman are without me resorting to mafia wiki? I'm sure we'd all rather I not go that far D1

Ninja - overrides tracking
Strongman - overrides protection/blocking

Also, the Champs game was this ratio, so I'm prepared.

Reactions: 1 users
That intro post is almost as long as mine was, and that list of wolf abilities looks suspiciously like my game haha
Good point. I forget the word you said for this sort of a set up for wolves - I don't know that I would say it's not a basic set up, but it does present more of a challenge than you would think if you didn't know better. Sorta reminds me of the open set up game we had - Monster Mash?

Like, too, you would think knowing what abilities are out there already would make it easier, but only to a point. I can see how this is going to make us focus more on posts.

Anyone want to teach me VCA? I'm pretty weak on that.

I don't even know what this is lol

Acronyyyms are a new trend that make me feel old
vote count analysis

acronyms make me feel like a vet and a champ with the inside edge, it props up my WW ego, as does quoting mafia wiki

Reactions: 3 users
Good point. I forget the word you said for this sort of a set up for wolves - I don't know that I would say it's not a basic set up, but it does present more of a challenge than you would think if you didn't know better. Sorta reminds me of the open set up game we had - Monster Mash?

Like, too, you would think knowing what abilities are out there already would make it easier, but only to a point. I can see how this is going to make us focus more on posts.

Anyone want to teach me VCA? I'm pretty weak on that.

That's just watching when, where, and why people vote for someone essentially. Most useful with wolf flips.

lynch stagg

one more thing to think about on top of the baby ;)

D1 Lynch Tally

cheat (1) - am
kata (1) - jboo
allie (1) - cray
pippy (1) - dolphin
stagg (1) - bryndy
genny (1) - skim

6/17

Deadline 10pm EST (~11.5 hours)

6dAwGjh.gif

Weird, I feel like I didn’t get notified of the tag on this thread.

Lynch genny

For now. I didn’t feel like voting for anyone that currently has votes, and she village assassined me in tha last game.

interesting. If someone wants to tag everyone to make sure they know game is going, that works for me. Otherwise I'll re-tag everyone in a new post when I get back from church

Weird, I feel like I didn’t get notified of the tag on this thread.
I didn't either and just happened to see the thread on the pre-vet page... weird.

SDN can be pretty wonky about alerts sometimes, it seems to me

at least it happens to me all the time in the Lounge, and sometimes here in pre-vet

Day one and thread is already kinda dead lol

Everyone forget what we're supposed to talk about or something?

Edit: oh, I suppose it could be the tags. Raise your hand if you don't know the game has started lol

Reactions: 5 users

Are we suppose to talk about lynching the lurkers yet?

Edit: oh, I suppose it could be the tags. Raise your hand if you don't know the game has started lol
seems to me like 17 is sort of a lowish number for one of our games... isn't it? remember I might not remember these things clearly

unlynch @allieh8607

lynch Stagg

the jokey vote for Mel sketched me out a bit. Although thinking about it now, I feel remiss to discourage anyone going for Mel. Even if Mel isn't playing, lynching him is a good instinct.

I want to see @allieh8607 check in. Especially since she's next on the TP game.

unlynch @allieh8607

lynch Stagg

the jokey vote for Mel sketched me out a bit. Although thinking about it now, I feel remiss to discourage anyone going for Mel. Even if Mel isn't playing, lynching him is a good instinct.

I want to see @allieh8607 check in. Especially since she's next on the TP game.
Allieh said in the sign up thread that she had a bachelorette party last night, so I imagine she may be late to rise today.

lynch johnnaboo

original tag didn't work for me, and I feel like a wolf would be watching more closely for the thread to go up, and therefore would be one of the first people to be on here when the game actually started.

Singular?

(I mean, can't talk about roles or conversions, so I guess that's the next step on the list, right? ;) )

Edit: AM why u gotta edit your post and ruin mah joke

because ww is srs bsns

lynch johnnaboo

original tag didn't work for me, and I feel like a wolf would be watching more closely for the thread to go up, and therefore would be one of the first people to be on here when the game actually started.

What about me?

What about me?
I like playing WW with you, and you said you've played with a similar setup to this before so you can be helpful if you're village. I don't really know anything about johnnaboo, so I decided to go there.

lynch johnnaboo

What makes you think they would post if they saw the thread?

Also feel like there could just be excited addicts who were watching for the thread, or people who were on the forums and happened to see it