Bake and They WWill Come - Sign-Ups & Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D4 One More Flight! Lynch Tally

MOOSE (1) - 3m
mixy (1) - cray
3m (5) - kcough, Mixy, pbc, mj, MOOSE
Capri (2) - genny, paws

Get Voting: @capri1722, @SportPonies

@mmmdreamerz you are in the lead!

9/11

Deadline ~ 1.5 hours

giphy.gif
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Disliking that whenever I read and start having feels about someone (yesterday greeney today jboo) I keep reading to find that multiple people have similar thoughts. It makes me second guess myself.

I still want to hear more from 3M
People keep talking about this "bandwagon" on 3M but she's literally said nothing at all to make me change my vote. Where's the defense? I voted this way to get some action, some thoughts, something.

This is just several sketch people agreeing that I’m quiet. I tend to be quieter in the beginning of the game, I freely admit that’s my trend, but bandwagoning on me isn’t going to get you a wolf. I think we need to look way closer as Capri or Moose.
Elaborate on why Capri and moose.

I voted fo you this morning because I think your sketch and the above post hasn’t changed that.

That's fair, I'm not asking for you to change you're vote, I'm asking who you think is sketch because if you end up being villager, I'd like to know your opinions on other people
It bothers me that in both of these two quotes above the incorrect version of you're/your is used. That is all.

Guys, I have such a great feeling about this lynch today. It's going to be the easiest wolf lynch ever. :lame:
But like, what has 3M contributed to the game at this point? Wolf or village I can't get a read if she hardly posts. And if being on the lynch ticket two days in a row isn't enough to encourage participation I don't know what else to do other than ignore her and just hope that she's not a wolf.
 
okay. Still don't see anything in 3m's posts that makes me think she's a wolf, but I do agree the fact she's not pushing back harder is a little bothersome. I haven't played with her in some time, and I can't remember how she acted back when I did play with her. I just really typically see villagers pushing back harder against their lynches.

That being said, since I don't see anything from her that sounds wolfy, I'm not putting my vote there.
lynch PBC

Driving the 3m lynch hard and otherwise just feels from her.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dreams… Everyone has them, people and animals alike. Chef Mac & Jack dreamed of baking a tower of cream filled doughnuts for the animals, and so he did, and it looked delicious. But everyone as of late had no appetite. It was too stressful to think about their friends who had died over the last few nights and days; all that was on their mind was trying to figure out who dun it, and today it seemed that they would have it solved when they kicked @mmmdreamerz out of the kitchen. Ask anyone, though, and they’ll tell you making an important decision on an empty stomach is not the greatest idea.


It didn’t solve anything. It just crushed @mmmdreamerz hopes of digging up something delicious in the trash later.

Dead is @mmmdreamerz ,
raccoon, and a vanilla.

b79f1679d1f926257062d01cd0cd96da.jpg

It is now N4. Night will end at **8:00am** EST (1 hour earlier than previous)

Hungry Hippos
2. @Crayola227
3. @Miranda Senft
4. @MixedAnimals77
5. @capri1722
8. @Mad Jack
9. @kcoughli
13. @PrincessButterCup
14. @SportPonies
15. @StayingPositive2017
16. @genny

Roadkill
10. @Glammyre, lightning rod
11. @greeneyegal92, bomb
1. AMel (@Animal Midwife & @Melchizedek), vote controller
6. @johnnaboo, vanilla
7. @WildZoo, samurai
12. @mmmdreamerz, vanilla
 
contingency lynch PBC
because she was one of the first people to vote for 3m and she never changed her vote.
I'm also wary of MJ, I want him on this thread more.
Dislike this reasoning. What reason was there for her to change her vote from 3M? Weren't you on the 3M lynch??

3M literally gave us nothing and it's super disappointing to see her flip village.
 
Dislike this reasoning. What reason was there for her to change her vote from 3M? Weren't you on the 3M lynch??

3M literally gave us nothing and it's super disappointing to see her flip village.
I held out on voting for 3m for a long time because I wasn't super comfortable with it. In hindsight, I probably should have voted for MJ as I'm getting feels for him too, but this would literally be my 3rd vote where my reasoning is lack of posting and I feel like I've learned my lesson.
 
###contingency lynch Capri###
She was my next up with 3m. Upon rereads it's alot of agreeing with like no original thoughts at all. See other previous reason plus just seems more reserved than normal in her answers.

Other thoughts are since we havent lynched a wolf yet we are dealing with a more experienced pack -great that leaves basically everyone left [emoji28] I will have to reevaluate tomorrow night after I recover from unexpected night shift.

If I had to go with next people to lynch right now it would be cray or SP. SP I have had a hard time deciphering since she became talkative and something is just twisting me the wrong way and I can't quite pinpoint what it is and put words to it yet. Maybe tomorrow after a read through. I'm just not really following much of any of crays reasoning. Also she seems to be focusing on Moose alot which is kind of a distraction. Could just be harmless nudging but no one else has taken so much time and given her so much etiquette attention. Could be wolf distraction being helpful without truly being helpful.

Would be willing to waffle to someone else tomorrow if when I get up there has been significant discussion leading me to a new player.
 
After another failed attempt at finding those reposible for killing everyone, it seems no one knew what to do. Everyone was walking and talking in circles. Circles are usually what dogs do best when they are chasing their tails but there is one dog who seemed less like she was going in circles and more like she was on the hunt. But did she get too close? Did she get onto the trail of the killers? Sadly we won’t be able to ask her.

The mods walked into the kitchen this morning and found it to be much cleaner than yesterday. Another recipe book was out on the counter open to yet another cake recipe. This receipe called for baking powder yet baking soda was clearly beside the recipe book along with another flat cake. Tasting the cake found it to be quite bitter. Maybe some reading would do everyone some good. It seems if you don’t have a donut to give a dog, a flat cake is a poor replacement and leaves you with unfortunate results.

Dead is @MixedAnimals77, dog, who if lynched, would cause there to be no kills the following night

cooking-for-your-dog.jpg

It is now D5. Lynch will end at 10:30pm EST

Hungry Hippos
2. @Crayola227
3. @Miranda Senft
5. @capri1722
8. @Mad Jack
9. @kcoughli
13. @PrincessButterCup
14. @SportPonies
15. @StayingPositive2017
16. @genny

Roadkill
10. @Glammyre, lightning rod
11. @greeneyegal92, bomb
1. AMel (@Animal Midwife & @Melchizedek), vote controller
6. @johnnaboo, vanilla
7. @WildZoo, samurai
12. @mmmdreamerz, vanilla
4. @MixedAnimals77, virgin
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't voted for you, I just compiled a list of what other people said. I'm waiting for other people to vote and see what happens and what people's opinions are.

classic noob behavior

it's also classic wolf behavior, although the smarter wolves try to avoid it, so it's also classic noob wolf behavior

it's tough when you don't have experience to learn how to take a more active role in interrogating people and picking things apart yourself

the last time I remember giving a pass to a noob it was Lawper and we lost the game to him
 
I'm not feeling a bandwagon vote tonight because of what's happened the last times those happened. So, if you can justify why someone else is sketch, I'd appreciate it 🙂

keep in mind that the village just by virtue of statistics and ignorance will kill more villagers than wolves, and since typically who dies by lynch is the majority vote, the majority of whom are villagers.... you're looking at a lot of villager on villager violence. Doesn't mean anyone screwed up or that you shouldn't join majority votes that make sense.

absolutely don't climb on a bandwagon just cuz, but also, don't write off the lynch mob's reasoning too quickly
 
contingency lynch PBC
because she was one of the first people to vote for 3m and she never changed her vote.
I'm also wary of MJ, I want him on this thread more.

wait, explain the logic of why PBC's voting behavior is wolfy? it's actually classically the most un-wolfy way to vote (not going to WIFOM on that one with a vet)

it's more that I'm wondering how it is that YOU, Moose, find that sketchy? please explain how it is wolfy, because really I'm thinking the reasoning is wolfy from you

nevermind that I am getting feels from PBC myself, I just want to know where your head is at on it
 
###contingency lynch Capri###
She was my next up with 3m. Upon rereads it's alot of agreeing with like no original thoughts at all. See other previous reason plus just seems more reserved than normal in her answers.

Other thoughts are since we havent lynched a wolf yet we are dealing with a more experienced pack -great that leaves basically everyone left [emoji28] I will have to reevaluate tomorrow night after I recover from unexpected night shift.

If I had to go with next people to lynch right now it would be cray or SP. SP I have had a hard time deciphering since she became talkative and something is just twisting me the wrong way and I can't quite pinpoint what it is and put words to it yet. Maybe tomorrow after a read through. I'm just not really following much of any of crays reasoning. Also she seems to be focusing on Moose alot which is kind of a distraction. Could just be harmless nudging but no one else has taken so much time and given her so much etiquette attention. Could be wolf distraction being helpful without truly being helpful.

Would be willing to waffle to someone else tomorrow if when I get up there has been significant discussion leading me to a new player.

I agree that Capri's play is concerning for the reasons you state.

Um, not following my reasoning is my meta. If I made more sense that would be more concerning. I've written even longer treatises on WW theory in Dead chat. Being a distraction is basically my WW super-power no matter what.

I might be tunneling the noobs too much. But I feel like I've been more burned by noob wolves getting a pass (people think noob wolves will totally suck, but they usually have a vet coaching since an all noob pack is statistically not that likely in a game make up like ours, and never say noob wolf pack theory ever again).

I am looking at vets like PBC & KC too. Paws was on my radar and then fell off it seeming village, where has she gone?
 
Thanks for the muffin last night, it was delicious, though it did not/will not accomplish what I assume you hoped it would (I guess that depends on who sent it).

Paws I think cupcake time is over but as to the person you asked about I had set them on the back burner (probably because reads list matched mine somewhat which is silly village play but what can you do?). Not a lot of contribution in the recent past. Essentially not enough to get high on my radar but enough to be in the ? middle of the pack.
 
Thanks for the muffin last night, it was delicious, though it did not/will not accomplish what I assume you hoped it would (I guess that depends on who sent it).

Paws I think cupcake time is over but as to the person you asked about I had set them on the back burner (probably because reads list matched mine somewhat which is silly village play but what can you do?). Not a lot of contribution in the recent past. Essentially not enough to get high on my radar but enough to be in the ? middle of the pack.
"Cupcake time"?
 
hmmm write up suggests we need to read closer, wonder what that means? I'm terrible at catching write up clues but I like to try, that right there seems like a clue

what happened with the sous chef? What happened to you overnight @Mad Jack?
 
wait, explain the logic of why PBC's voting behavior is wolfy? it's actually classically the most un-wolfy way to vote (not going to WIFOM on that one with a vet)

it's more that I'm wondering how it is that YOU, Moose, find that sketchy? please explain how it is wolfy, because really I'm thinking the reasoning is wolfy from you

nevermind that I am getting feels from PBC myself, I just want to know where your head is at on it
I find that PBC is giving me vibes because she's one of the veterans and I feel like she's not in this thread jussstt enough for me to be suspicious. Her tunneling of 3m was also suspicious and she also stated she was sketch of WZ too who turned out to be village.
I'm gonna be honest, everyone I was sure of being wolfy has ended up being villager, so I think I should redirect my instincts on someone I felt was villager.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
contingency lynch PBC

I'm willing to set aside my noob suspects Moose and Capri for the moment, in case I am tunneling there, and go with my top vet suspect. Tone of posts and reasoning has felt off to me. I wanna put some pressure there and see how everyone responds. I might actually be on before deadline tonight with time on my hands to waffle as needed.
 
contingency lynch PBC

I'm willing to set aside my noob suspects Moose and Capri for the moment, in case I am tunneling there, and go with my top vet suspect. Tone of posts and reasoning has felt off to me. I wanna put some pressure there and see how everyone responds. I might actually be on before deadline tonight with time on my hands to waffle as needed.
What are your reads so far? Most of what I'm reading is just mechanics for Miranda and while I'm sure she appreciates it, you're not helping village wolf hunt. It's giving me feels dude
 
Everyday I have given my reads in a paragraph in a post, I don't have time or the inclination to do the big reads boxes in spoiler tag which itself was an issue. I am going to sleep. My bedtime was 4 am PST and now it's 7 am PST. I gave it my all today. I've spent a few hours on this game most days now, and it's in my posts. Do an ISO if you want more in depth whose thinking I like or don't and why.

Very few posts from quite a few people, I am trying despite that, and yes, trying beyond just strategy.

What really burns my biscuits, is that in those little dissertations on theory as I see it, I explain why I do or do not like a given player's reasoning and where it falls on the wolfy vs villager scale.

I understand, even with the most brevity I can manage, it's a wall of text and gets lost. Too tired to rehash. Hope this helps to clarify.