Bake and They WWill Come - Sign-Ups & Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was only the 2nd person to vote greeny and I specified that it was to get her to join the thread and I kept tagging her all day to get her to join in.

Please, you don't need to tag people all day. They usually are tagged in the tallies, I think if you are talking about someone who hasn't been around it's fair to tag them, but if you're not talking about them or quoting them it's unnecessary. I know you mean well. Just, when I look at my alerts I can interpret them, ones from mods or those who usually tally I know are "informational," where I've been quoted is high priority to see, and if someone is talking about me. I open every alert in a new tab for the most part. When I see in my list like 4 mentions from you, and then no real content involving me, it makes it hard for me to triage the game thread when I'm catching up.
 
Lynch jboo
Not because she lynched me but because she has always been the 1st or 2nd person to vote in the mornings and she has never waffled. Also, she voted for AMel first thing in the morning and never changed her vote or ever really justified it other than saying that AMel was "chatter" than yesterday.

AM and others would tell you that early voting and being early is actually less wolfy. I could go into deep WW theory to explain this further, but for now I won't for the sake of my wrist. Just trust me this is a thing. However, for any rule/theory/general idea in WW there is the exact opposite just to screw with your head.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Too much to read. I'm not into it. Anybody care to refresh me on who was pushing the greeney lynch yesterday?

um, what is this?? I'm getting skewered for not participating, and then this just rolls up? Granted it's Dubz so she gets away with everything, still

even weirder is that I agree with Paws this is weird, so far Paws has been high on my list
 
Wow it’s quiet in here.

Lynch jboo

Genny was the first to jump on jboo and honestly jboo turning up village makes me lean away from genny being wolf. It just seems too..obvious? Draws a lot of attention to genny when you look back at that lynch. Then again there wasn’t much reasoning to the vote (though she did come back later and give reasons).


Lynch jboo
Not because she lynched me but because she has always been the 1st or 2nd person to vote in the mornings and she has never waffled. Also, she voted for AMel first thing in the morning and never changed her vote or ever really justified it other than saying that AMel was "chatter" than yesterday.

This just seems very repetitive of what has been said before. Being the first or second person to vote just seems like weak justification.

There there, you're not chopped liver to me. 🙂 You are sketch though. I appreciate that you justified your lynch votes (finally) but only after being called out for it and nothing that couldn't have been explained when you voted in the first place. Therefore (and partly to break the tie)

Lynch Genny

This rubbed me the wrong way. No real justification for why genny and then and I never like tie breaker comments.

I could go for Miranda (Moose?) or Capri at this point, but I think I’ll start with

Lynch Miranda
 
So, re-reading, and it's mostly these two that make me want to vote jboo today:

^this was in response to Mixy's vote, which was for greeney to get greeney talking. I didn't see anything off in Mixy's vote. I find it weird that jboo called out Mixy for that vote, but didn't call out anyone else for any subsequent greeney votes, or greeney votes with even less justification (e.g. mine).


I've done the above as a wolf... it's so easy to be sure someone is village when you're a wolf, and so so tempting to post about it like you'll somehow get village cred for reading someone correctly.

This sort of content from genny reads as very village to me. Which, now I realize might make me look wolfy, but that's not the point.

The truth is, it's fair for villagers to try to put people in the village pile. You have to build trust and the chances of being right about someone being a villager is higher than fingering a wolf just by statistics, let alone intuition and meta and etc. Building a circle of trust can then be what leads to getting a wolf. If you trust the right people, of course.
 
Long post incoming.


From my recent games with AM, she's pretty laid back and only juts in to ask a question or throw in a sentence here or there. She was more much more active on mayor vote day imo.


Yep yep I agree with this. BUT greeney in the past few games has been lynched early on. I was giving her a chance. Sue me, I have sympathy for her since I, too, got lynched a bunch when I first started. I was a common victim of late-in-the-day waffles.
no, that wound isn't still sore or anything


Not gunna harp on this, see response to first quote.


Pot, kettle. Why is my vote a cop out?


I know that. But considering you've read a few WW threads you should know that original thoughts and reasonings for lynches are encouraged to help the village.


Well, thats where my feels were. They were wrong. I hate D1 lynching because I just have to go on gut instincts from a few posts, no real thorough analysis.

Here's the thing. If we go back and look at exchanges with jboobs, while she might not be right about anything, and while her interactions with Moose and Mixy could just be v vs v, the one thing we know is that jboo wasn't lying about anything she believed.

While Moose and Mixy with Jboo could be v vs v, other things are bugging me.

My top suspicions right now are Paws, Mixy, and Moose. Of the 3,

lynch MA
 
Just read through. I see why people are feeling skeeved out by jboo, but I'm not feeling it myself at the moment.

I really did not like how the GEG lynch went yesterday, when I felt it was pretty clear that she was likely at work, based on what she said and how she acted on D0 (coming on after vote close, saying she had been at work). Almost seems like it was set off by her AM vote and then everyone was trying to find other reasons to call her sketchy?

Not sure I'm understanding the 3M lynch, so I'm going to have to look at that one a little closer.

MOOSE is tingling me a little bit, but I think it's just noob play and I'm going to take it as that until I have a reason to think otherwise.

Genny's vote placement on the GEG train, her veteran status (ie- veterans aren't going to be misunderstanding the work schedule thing as much as noobs are), and her additional lack of substantial reasoning for the vote are why I'm going to put my vote there today. Also not liking that she has her vote on jboo, but that's mostly because I'm not feeling the jboo lynch.

lynch genny

I think this is weak reasoning on genny
 
####
Lynch MJ
####
The sous chef is supposed to be determining which ingredients will have the right effect according to the intro to the game.All night kills have been due to wrong ingredients

I can see the sketchyness of jboo but I just don't trust several people on the votes right now

wait, so really, you think the mayor ability is to kill? explain please
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wait, so really, you think the mayor ability is to kill? explain please
When phrased like that, it does seems over-powerful. I'm just trying to infer from the write-ups something. The intro said sous chef picks ingredients with great power, and then the write-ups say NKs are due to wrong ingredients.
Could the mayor power have a different effect when in the hands of a wolf?
 
Sorry jboo 🙁
gz6WPm.gif

seriously loving the MacLachlan gif rn
 
To elaborate, 1) How do you know who has or has not been sniffed? 2) Why is it strange that MJ has not explicitly stated whether or not he has been sniffed? 3) What is sniffing, exactly, to you?

Are we PR hunting? Is that why we're curious about the sniffage?

Just saw this. Now I'm just looking at Paws for PR hunting. I think KC might just be pointing that out. Unless she's wolfy but for now neutral on her
 
Early Risers Contingency Lynch Party

Moose (1) - 3M
Mixy (1) - Cray

2 Hrs til Night Close

Lol, except I didn't rise!

So I've been going to sleep between 4-7 am PST, and then waking 2-4 pm PST, and usually when I'm doing that it's in order to be somewhere around 4-7 pm PST, so basically you won't see me on WW unless I do it 4-7 pm PST while getting ready (so busy) or when I get done. I've been getting home around 10 pm - 2 am PST for the most part. This is why since I've been forgetting to put in a contingency vote I missed voting, and the posts come in late.

If you look at when I liked & quoted your posts you'll see it all matches up.
 
Also Capri is high on my list

Not sure if my list is just a noobs + Paws tunneling problem or not, but we'll see

I'm keeping an eye on KC & PBC. Not sure if Dubz' tone change is wolfy or not, but I don't like it.

Genny & 3m strike me as village lean. The rest of the list I don't know. Early days.
 
Is Moose Miranda? I seem to have missed that...
**************
By the way, I know nicknames are given but if anyone finds it too annoying to type out my name, my initials are MEES 🙂 (Miranda Emily Eden Senft) so if you would like to say MEES, I would not be opposed 🙂

I would have called you Sen, but now I know that calling you Moose is much more appropriate

Or should it be MOOSE in all caps? :thinking:
**************
 
so I just spent 2 hours on this thread, I don't feel I accomplished much besides being an hour past my already ridiculous bedtime

I expect my next major investment in this thread to come after my rope bondage lab tomorrow 7-10 pm PST
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last night was full of conditional statements and consequences. One of which centered around a mouse. who was in the kitchen and wanted a cookie. But not just any cookie, she was looking for a snickerdoodle cookie (which happens to be her favorite). Now when you give a mouse a cookie, she'll want some milk to go with it. Which of course she'll need a straw for. Then you might need a mirror so she can make sure she doesn't have a milk mustache. And so the story goes until the mouse finally asks for a glass of milk and of course a cookie to go with it.

The mods entered the kitchen and found things strewn everywhere. Milk was out on the counter unopened, a mirror with scissors by the sink, broom out, paper and markers on the floor, and a pile of pillows and blankets in the corner. But none of this was what drew the eyes of the mods. On the counter was poor @WildZoo with a chilidoodle by her with one bite taken out of it. It seems if you give a mouse a chilidoodle, they can't ask for milk.

Dead is @WildZoo, mouse, who would have been victorious should her rival try to kill her and a one shot night
vigilante


052517_LS_zone-incerta_main.jpg

It is now D4. Lynch will end at 10:30pm EST

Hungry Hippos
2. @Crayola227
3. @Miranda Senft
4. @MixedAnimals77
5. @capri1722
8. @Mad Jack
9. @kcoughli
12. @mmmdreamerz
13. @PrincessButterCup
14. @SportPonies
15. @StayingPositive2017
16. @genny

Roadkill
10. @Glammyre, lightning rod
11. @greeneyegal92, bomb
1. AMel (@Animal Midwife & @Melchizedek), vote controller
6. @johnnaboo, vanilla
7. @WildZoo, samurai
 
I posted 8 times. And it was late evening.

Less time, less words. Little known fact about me is that I have chronic CTS (you don't say! could it be all the typing?), and using the riding crop on people and tying them down with rope has aggravated it a bit, so less typing from me. Actually, my wrist really went out when I lifted my cat's carrier for her to go to the vet last week (chronic viral upper airway issues, sinus infection, ear infection, Horner's. Abx and feeling better now.)

None of that matters I know. My game activity never has anything to do with my affiliation anyway, the only thing that affects how active I am in the game is real life. I could never ghost as a purposeful strategy, I am compulsive about SDN & WW when I'm not being more compulsive IRL. Any insinuation that how much I am on is an indication of anything besides how busy I am, I find insulting and turns into a very mouthy and angry rant about that topic. If anything, I've learned to chill out a bit as a villager since my one single life isn't as important to the village (#allvillagerlivesmatter and all that). If I was a wolf I'd be working a lot harder right now, even being busy.

So what I'm really wondering, is why when it's this early in the game, are you riding me for content when I've given a fair amount? I know I've been missing voting deadline (gonna drop a contingency vote now) and active after, but I am active. I'm asking myself if you have a motivation beyond concerned villager. Because wolves love to set me up for the mob, I'm every wolf's favorite wolf-straction.

MA, I'm getting vibes from you. It's like you're trying to run the village, and I can't tell if you're excited invested villager or something else.
Which most of those posts weren't really directly related to content or thoughts on the day. We know you're busy with your thing and normally post super late but I'm curious as to why you're jumping on my case when I wasn't the only one to wonder what was up.

I take your statement of you'd be working harder as a wolf with a grain of salt like I would anyone who said that.

I'm just asking questions especially when it's like mid day and no one has posted anything. If people agree with my reasoning great. If not, that's fine too. So I hardly see how that is defined as running the village but OK.
 
Genny was the first to jump on jboo and honestly jboo turning up village makes me lean away from genny being wolf. It just seems too..obvious? Draws a lot of attention to genny when you look back at that lynch. Then again there wasn’t much reasoning to the vote (though she did come back later and give reasons).




This just seems very repetitive of what has been said before. Being the first or second person to vote just seems like weak justification.



This rubbed me the wrong way. No real justification for why genny and then and I never like tie breaker comments.

I could go for Miranda (Moose?) or Capri at this point, but I think I’ll start with

Lynch Miranda
I don't really know what everyone else considers to be sketch, but since this is my first game, I'm really looking for patterns and that was a pattern that I noticed that seemed a bit weird. I know a lot of people are working during the day but to come back on later and not necessarily change the vote seemed sketch at the time. This game has a learning curve and i'm still trying to figure it out 🙂
 
@capri1722 where are you looking to go today? You seem pretty reserved and slow responding in pms so I'd like to put some pressure out there.

Fwiw moose has seemed pretty noob village in pm imo.

Other suspicions aside from Capri is 3m for really only responding to enough to pick one person to lynch. Genny I'm not entirely sure where to lean after the jboo flip. Was it village vs village? Would Genny just throw out votes with no reasons as a wolf seems like it'd be sloppy play. Not a huge fan of Crays play. I know she's been busy but what she has put it reminds me of some of her previous wolf work.

As for others, Mj seems like mj plus mayor I'd put him in my village leaning camp. Kc and pbc have made alot of sense to me so far and echoed many of my thoughts. Paws and SP I don't really have any feels for. So that's where I'm at right now
 
1. I love today's lynch tally gif. I was mildly obsessed with that show.
2. I feel like I don't have a lot to go on here other than who would want WZ dead at this point in the game? It'll be a WIFOM for sure but considering all the heat people were throwing her way it surprises me that she was on the chopping block last night.
3. Feel like a broken record but I still want to hear more from 3M
4. Paws still keeps twinging my feelsdar but lately I think she's been slowing down a bit?
5. MJ seemed quiet yesterday
6. Cray sounds like cray

Lynch 3M

If at first you don't succeed...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@MixedAnimals77 didnt feel like quoting you after I had all this typed out so tagging you instead.

Cray: Quieter than usual by post volume but of the posts she has she sounds normal. Idk I feel like changing to fit your meta better immediately after someone's called you out on it is sketchy but I don't have any other reasons to feel like she might be a wolf. I'm kinda just :eyebrow: file under someone to keep an eye on.
Moose: Feels pretty much like a textbook definition of a noob villager. Am going to be peeved but also impressed if she's a wolf.
Mixy: PMs are about what I'd expect but as someone who doesn't normally PM unless PMed by someone else, I don't really know how to evaluate that.
MJ: Hard to read, as usual. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
KC: I agree with a lot of stuff she's posted so gonna lean village on that one.
3m: Never played with her so I'm not sure what's normal. The quietness is unnerving but, as KC (I think) pointed out, she did say pre-game that she would only be on outside of business hours.
PBC: Like 3m, never played with her so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but, like KC, I've agreed with a lot of her ideas.
Sporty: Seems normal enough.
Paws: I feel like maybe I could be convinced here but I'd want to reread and/or ISO her posts first. I thought there was something specific a while back that sketched me out but I can't remember what it was.
Genny: After the Jboo flip I'm thinking Genny is still sketchy but I'm willing to back off for a day or two to see if it's a tunnel or actual feels.

Top 3 village feels (no particular order): Moose, KC, Sporty
Top 3 sketch feels (again, no particular order): Cray, Genny, 3m
 
Here are my feels:
Cray: Everyone says she seems to be acting normal, so I'll trust that for now as I find her posts seem to make sense.
Mixy: seems normal in pm and in her posts here
Capri: she seems to be calling out people who other people consider being sketch (e.g. calling out how she didn't like how genny was the one pointing out inconsistencies in jboo's posts) but I'm not getting a bad feeling from her now that she's playing
MJ: I know MJ doesn't post a lot, but I wish he would as I'm starting to get a bit nervous about him
KC: I agree with a lot of her reasonings and how she's sticking with her votes
3m: I wish she was here more because I'm feeling sketch like most people but that could just be based on her lack of posts
PBC: I agree with the majority of PBC's posts so I'm feeling village but I know PBC is a pretty seasoned player so I'm gonna wait a bit longer until I form an opinion on her
Sporty: Seems pretty village to me (but is also a bit quiet)
Paws: I'm getting some feels from paws but idk yet, jury is still out on her
Genny: I feel like I'm going to leave genny alone just because of everything that happened with the jboo lynch as it seemed mostly like self-prez.

TLDR: I am lost and have no convictions about anybody 😛