This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fishrfriendsnotfood

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
looking to work for a biotech VC next summer in NYC/SF. Do you think med schools would look down upon that to doing something clinically-based? Please let me know. Thanks.

wasn't sure if adcoms have a stigma against "business" of healthcare

Members don't see this ad.

No, they will not look down on you. However, if your EC's altogether don't include something clinical, this is concerning. Balance is key.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Of course they don't. What would your role be with such an activity?

I would be an analyst for looking to invest in early stage healthcare and biotech companies. Something I'm very interested in, but if I have to wait to do something like this until after I get into med school, I will for the sake of doing something more medically related now and then being able to follow my own path when in.

This is cool, you should definitely have some clinical experiences as well to round out your application, but this is unique and I think adcoms will find it interesting... there is a growing number of MDs working as analysts or consultants in VC/PE, so it is becoming more and more relevant

I would be an analyst for looking to invest in early stage healthcare and biotech companies. Something I'm very interested in, but if I have to wait to do something like this until after I get into med school, I will for the sake of doing something more medically related now and then being able to follow my own path when in.
As long as the usual and customary ECs will be well developed (not weak or sparse) by the time you apply, you can feel free to indulge your interests next summer.