BOWWLING TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mostly because I was already feeling more neutral about her. But also, as noted, because claiming the same role name as someone else is ballsy and I haven’t seen a wolf do it, and it was consistent with the “a strike” wording.
Are you saying you haven’t seen a wolf make a ballsy claim before?
 
Sorry, I probably won't be able to put much input during this day cycle. I've been trying to do to a writeup about the weird Fluff wafflefest, but I've had a busy couple of days with classes and preparing for my last vet school interview that's tomorrow morning. I'll probably end up looking at other people's ISOs/writeups for today. Just letting you all know why I'm doing that ahead of time, since I usually think it's pretty wolfy when people don't try to come to their own conclusions.

D4 will be different though! I really want to finish that writeup since I'm almost certain that it will help narrow down some suspects (if I'm still alive ofc).

For now, unyeet Alley, yeet Vis. Still have concerns about them not participating in the 3-way villager tie from D2.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m not sure who pointed that but I saw the behavior you re describing more with Mel and vis, than alley (alley was away most of yesterday and started interacting with the thread pretty late). I initially had Mel village leaning, but I don’t like the suspicions he started throwing around at people. I also don’t like that Mel has stirred away from Vis, and vis hasn’t really commented on Mel… so I don’t really see what alley sees in him. The only post that felt genuine from him is the attempt to save Ivy.
It was me
 
Sorry, I probably won't be able to put much input during this day cycle. I've been trying to do to a writeup about the weird Fluff wafflefest, but I've had a busy couple of days with classes and preparing for my last vet school interview that's tomorrow morning. I'll probably end up looking at other people's ISOs/writeups for today. Just letting you all know why I'm doing that ahead of time, since I usually think it's pretty wolfy when people don't try to come to their own conclusions.

D4 will be different though! I really want to finish that writeup since I'm almost certain that it will help narrow down some suspects (if I'm still alive ofc).

For now, unyeet Alley, yeet Vis. Still have concerns about them not participating in the 3-way villager tie from D2.
Best of luck on your interview!!!
 
I'm looking at @potentialsheltervet 's posts and there's literally nothing that seems suspicious.
so, I have a crazy tinfoil theory about why Ivy pointed specifically at PSV.
What if Mel revealed something about PSV in the PMs? More like, what if Mel purposefully lied about PSV, to manipulate Ivy so she ended up saying that?
 
What if Mel revealed something about PSV in the PMs? More like, what if Mel purposefully lied about PSV, to manipulate Ivy so she ended up saying that?
I tinfoiled this as well a few pages ago. Mel said they chatted about me and Mel noted suspicion among the noob bloc or something like that. Mel also thought I'd voted for Ivy when I hadn't (although this was later corrected in main thread) so I'm pondering whether Mel is lying about what was actually said between the two of them.
 
@SportPonies is this the mel-vis banter you 're talking about? Cause they seem to agree a lot. You're saying it would be too bold for 2 wolves to sort of support each other?
Here vis refers to Apri's and Sporty's "resistance" to Mel investigating PSV and Sporty denied it has anything to do with PSV.
I’ve felt psv has shown wolfhunting but April and Sporty’s immediate resistance interests me.
Mel mentions looking into PSV, April shuts it down, and you and April turn it back on Mel.
 
I'm looking at @potentialsheltervet 's posts and there's literally nothing that seems suspicious.
so, I have a crazy tinfoil theory about why Ivy pointed specifically at PSV.
What if Mel revealed something about PSV in the PMs? More like, what if Mel purposefully lied about PSV, to manipulate Ivy so she ended up saying that?
This scares me because i can see SmoothPocket!Mels doing just that
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For people who keep claiming that “I’m throwing around a lot of suspicion”
It’s D3 and we haven’t found a wolf. Everyone should be re-evaluating their assumptions about who is wolf or villager. We’ve spent two days all discussing the same people, it’s time to make sure we’re looking at all the angles. I’m still between YK, Fluff, and sporty as my three that I want to vote today but in a 36 hour cycle, there is nothing wolfy about making sure you look at all the players, and bugger off if you’re trying to spin it that way.
 
For people who keep claiming that “I’m throwing around a lot of suspicion”
It’s D3 and we haven’t found a wolf. Everyone should be re-evaluating their assumptions about who is wolf or villager. We’ve spent two days all discussing the same people, it’s time to make sure we’re looking at all the angles. I’m still between YK, Fluff, and sporty as my three that I want to vote today but in a 36 hour cycle, there is nothing wolfy about making sure you look at all the players, and bugger off if you’re trying to spin it that way.
To be fair, the first cycle didn't yeet anyone. So we're just working off the single misyeet we've had.
 
To be fair, the first cycle didn't yeet anyone. So we're just working off the single misyeet we've had.

With the mod kills you functionally have the same amount of info.

Which I don't see as a reflection of our play especially given neither were seriously on the board.
What are you even getting at? I'm saying we have the information from their flips, not that their flipping is a reflection of our play. They still had opinions and thoughts that are on thread, they still had interactions that we can look back on. Don't strawman my points AM.
 
What are you even getting at? I'm saying we have the information from their flips, not that their flipping is a reflection of our play. They still had opinions and thoughts that are on thread, they still had interactions that we can look back on. Don't strawman my points AM.
Your phrasing has the implication that is "focusing on the same players" going into D3 is losing the game. The majority of deaths at this point (even if you exclude the night kills) have been ones we didn't pursue. Considering only one of those focused players flipped, Ivy, I think it's (here's your favorite word) alarmist to decide it's time to break down the village bloc. Yes, we are closer to parity, but not due to multiple erroneous decisions. Even an excellent village game can be brought to dicier situations by modkills.
 
For people who keep claiming that “I’m throwing around a lot of suspicion”
It’s D3 and we haven’t found a wolf. Everyone should be re-evaluating their assumptions about who is wolf or villager. We’ve spent two days all discussing the same people, it’s time to make sure we’re looking at all the angles. I’m still between YK, Fluff, and sporty as my three that I want to vote today but in a 36 hour cycle, there is nothing wolfy about making sure you look at all the players, and bugger off if you’re trying to spin it that way.
Seems early to be worrying about this without resolving the POE sufficiently.
 
Ok sure we ve been discussing the same (although curious as to who you re implying the “same people” to be), but other than an easy bandwagon on Ivy who wasn’t around much, we haven’t tried to yeet people on our POE yet.
For people who keep claiming that “I’m throwing around a lot of suspicion”
It’s D3 and we haven’t found a wolf. Everyone should be re-evaluating their assumptions about who is wolf or villager. We’ve spent two days all discussing the same people, it’s time to make sure we’re looking at all the angles. I’m still between YK, Fluff, and sporty as my three that I want to vote today but in a 36 hour cycle, there is nothing wolfy about making sure you look at all the players, and bugger off if you’re trying to spin it that way.
So who else are you looking into?

EDIT: finishing my half sentences & typos
 
Excuse me if this sounds dumb, but how do the modkills give us more information? Do you mean that since they've been confirmed village, looking at their previous interactions with people help us see who was aggressive toward them and might be wolfy? I'm just struggling to see how we have more info now other than shrinking the field of players with two confirmed village modkills.
@Melchizedek @Animal Midwife
 
Your phrasing has the implication that is "focusing on the same players" going into D3 is losing the game. The majority of deaths at this point (even if you exclude the night kills) have been ones we didn't pursue. Considering only one of those focused players flipped, Ivy, I think it's (here's your favorite word) alarmist to decide it's time to break down the village bloc. Yes, we are closer to parity, but not due to multiple erroneous decisions. Even an excellent village game can be brought to dicier situations by modkills.

Seems early to be worrying about this without resolving the POE sufficiently.
You can call it alarmist or too early if you'd like. That doesn't make it so. Like I said before, the level of disagreement and resistance to a cohesive village block that I see, usually means a there's a deep wolf mucking about and people are pocketed/blind to them and not questioning the pushes they're making.
 
Excuse me if this sounds dumb, but how do the modkills give us more information? Do you mean that since they've been confirmed village, looking at their previous interactions with people help us see who was aggressive toward them and might be wolfy? I'm just struggling to see how we have more info now other than shrinking the field of players with two confirmed village modkills.
@Melchizedek @Animal Midwife
They tell us without an ounce of doubt who isn't a wolf. It's what makes modkills far more useful than a lowposter or no poster being carried about just for number padding.
 
You can call it alarmist or too early if you'd like. That doesn't make it so. Like I said before, the level of disagreement and resistance to a cohesive village block that I see, usually means a there's a deep wolf mucking about and people are pocketed/blind to them and not questioning the pushes they're making.
Who's your village bloc exactly that people are resisting?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok sure we ve been discussing the same (although curious as to who you re implying the “same people” to be), but other than an easy bandwagon on Ivy who wasn’t around much, we haven’t tried to yeet people on our POE yet.

So who else are you looking into?

EDIT: finishing my half sentences & typos

Who's your village bloc exactly that people are resisting?


Right now it feels like the people that have been discussed over and over are Visc, VMH, DocOcto, Sporty, and YK
of these people I'm not willing to vote VMH for sure. YK and Sporty I'd vote for, but YK>Sporty. Visc I can be talked into but I don't feel like she's a wolf. I don't really know what to do with DocOcto. Seems to be struggling to swim in the deep end, I'd go there later in the game if they aren't resolved by then.

The two blocs seem to me to be myself, alley, VMH, Lawpy or AM, April, Sporty +/- Blue.
Don't know where I'd put PSV, Pubdog, or zenge between those blocs and I'm wondering if this is where the overlooked wolf is, because I haven't seen anyone really tell me why these three should be considered village besides vague references to feels, vibes, etc. I've liked PSV and Pubdog's posts for the most part. They look like they're asking questions, chasing down their leads, and trying to gather data. Zenge feels like he's just been....around? I would start with Zenge in this group.
 
Right now it feels like the people that have been discussed over and over are Visc, VMH, DocOcto, Sporty, and YK
of these people I'm not willing to vote VMH for sure. YK and Sporty I'd vote for, but YK>Sporty. Visc I can be talked into but I don't feel like she's a wolf. I don't really know what to do with DocOcto. Seems to be struggling to swim in the deep end, I'd go there later in the game if they aren't resolved by then.

The two blocs seem to me to be myself, alley, VMH, Lawpy or AM, April, Sporty.
Don't know where I'd put PSV, Pubdog, or zenge between those blocs and I'm wondering if this is where the overlooked wolf is, because I haven't seen anyone really tell me why these three should be considered village besides vague references to feels, vibes, etc. I've liked PSV and Pubdog's posts for the most part. They look like they're asking questions, chasing down their leads, and trying to gather data. Zenge feels like he's just been....around? I would start with Zenge in this group.
Not sure I follow. Your village bloc is you, Alley, meats, Lawpy OR AM (elaborate on this please?), April, and Sporty?

Either way, this seems like a divisive conversation. The common suspects on people's wolf lists, like Vis, haven't been tested. I never seriously thought of Ivy as non-village and was surprised by the Vv/Ivy/Fluff event. Current modkills, the tie with me and YK, and Ivy being yeeted does not satisfy my questions around my priority groups.
 
Right now it feels like the people that have been discussed over and over are Visc, VMH, DocOcto, Sporty, and YK
of these people I'm not willing to vote VMH for sure. YK and Sporty I'd vote for, but YK>Sporty. Visc I can be talked into but I don't feel like she's a wolf. I don't really know what to do with DocOcto. Seems to be struggling to swim in the deep end, I'd go there later in the game if they aren't resolved by then.
With conservative estimates, I don't see how agreeing with 3/5 presented options is problematic especially this early on.
The two blocs seem to me to be myself, alley, VMH, Lawpy or AM, April, Sporty.
I literally have not seen either of these blocs forming (especially the first one) unless you're referring to exactly your, alley's, and meats's readslists.
Don't know where I'd put PSV, Pubdog, or zenge between those blocs and I'm wondering if this is where the overlooked wolf is, because I haven't seen anyone really tell me why these three should be considered village besides vague references to feels, vibes, etc. I've liked PSV and Pubdog's posts for the most part. They look like they're asking questions, chasing down their leads, and trying to gather data. Zenge feels like he's just been....around? I would start with Zenge in this group.
Meh.
 
With conservative estimates, I don't see how agreeing with 3/5 presented options is problematic especially this early on.

I literally have not seen either of these blocs forming (especially the first one) unless you're referring to exactly your, alley's, and meats's readslists.

Meh.
Did you miss the part where alley, VMH, Lawper, and I have been village reading each other throughout the last 5 pages or do I need to go quote it all for you?*


*which is not going to happen because I don’t have time to do your legwork if you’re not paying attention.
 
Whoops. Didn’t mean to leave out Alley.

Village
Alleycat03 - I had her as village from a tone read really on and I still feel like this is probably village Alley but she’s at the bottom of my village. I haven’t seen a lot the last couple cycles that make me super confident in her being a villager but nothing to make me do a 180 and change my read.
What made you think about forgetting alley?
 
You take notes?
Like actual notes?
Damn
Lol only when I have time like I do now and the motivation. I used to do full on spreadsheets. With my schedule these days though, I usually just note or quote stuff into my role PM to follow up on later.
 
Did you miss the part where alley, VMH, Lawper, and I have been village reading each other throughout the last 5 pages or do I need to go quote it all for you?*


*which is not going to happen because I don’t have time to do your legwork if you’re not paying attention.
You don't have to because I already know it's untrue about Lawpy's reads.
 
Village

Lawpy
Samac
Mel
Pshelty
AM
VMH
Violet
Fluff
Puppy
Zenge
April
~POE starts here~
Sporty
Stoat
Kal
Doc ock
Vis

Wolf

I need to feel better about Zenge, Samac, puppy, and pshelty. I think they’re all village, but I feel like all of them escaped my POE (and other people’s) very quickly. Too quickly
I’m your second highest village read but you have to feel better about me?
 
You don't have to because I already know it's untrue about Lawpy's reads.
Meats is at the top of Lawpy’s list I know. It’s part of the bloc resistance I keep seeing. I feel like people from the AM/April/Sporty bloc keep shouting about VMH being wolfy which is keeping this side of the bloc from being fully consolidated. I don’t buy VMH being wolfy.
 
Are you saying you haven’t seen a wolf make a ballsy claim before?
I don’t think I’ve seen a wolf be ballsy enough to claim exactly what has flipped.
If she was a wolf I would expect wolves to have the same roles to be able to know that and role reveals would then be moot at that point.
 
Meats is at the top of Lawpy’s list I know. It’s part of the bloc resistance I keep seeing. I feel like people from the AM/April/Sporty bloc keep shouting about VMH being wolfy which is keeping this side of the bloc from being fully consolidated. I don’t buy VMH being wolfy.
He also has alley in his neutrals. You're the only one he's village reading so that bloc doesn't exist to begin with except among you three.

I have not seen a single example of April/me/Sporty still. Even asking me, I have the other two in my POE.
 
He also has alley in his neutrals. You're the only one he's village reading so that bloc doesn't exist to begin with except among you three.

I have not seen a single example of April/me/Sporty still. Even asking me, I have the other two in my POE.
April and sporty seem to be too in sync earlier during this cycle, first about pushing Visc, and now about drumming up sketch on me. It’s what’s making me think they’re consolidating in a bloc.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
April and sporty seem to be too in sync earlier during this cycle, first about pushing Visc, and now about drumming up sketch on me. It’s what’s making me think they’re consolidating in a bloc.
Someone buddying with another person or two doesn't make them a consensus village bloc. A majority has to agree on the members to make it so.
 
Meats is at the top of Lawpy’s list I know. It’s part of the bloc resistance I keep seeing. I feel like people from the AM/April/Sporty bloc keep shouting about VMH being wolfy which is keeping this side of the bloc from being fully consolidated. I don’t buy VMH being wolfy.
Both you and Vis are so sure VMH is village cause she made valid attempts to wolfhunt? Like what?
 
I don’t think I’ve seen a wolf be ballsy enough to claim exactly what has flipped.
If she was a wolf I would expect wolves to have the same roles to be able to know that and role reveals would then be moot at that point.
Sorry could you rephrase that sentence for the blue noob in the back of the classroom?
 
Someone buddying with another person or two doesn't make them a consensus village bloc. A majority has to agree on the members to make it so.
I don’t know if I buy that. Blocs to me are more natural and built on degrees of trust like the sketchmasons PM chain was. Sure not everyone trust everyone fully and I might not be convinced X is a villager but if I have a strong village read on Y and Y says X is a villager, then I’m okay with the bloc being me, X, and Y, as long as I personally amd fact checking and verifying that I’m not feeling outright wolfy about what X is doing.