BoWWnty Hunting (2022) - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have you ever not read genny as village?
Yes, I believe I said she was 3p in warriors, but I was wrong about that

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Am I taking crazy pills? I still don't remember saying I was reading genny village.

I don't recall saying that either, I said early on that I felt tentatively okay about her and then had her at the top of my neutrals in the reads list I posted :unsure:

When I said I felt like some of what she was saying seemed sketchy you both said you interpreted it "the opposite" way. Would that not imply that you thought it a more villagey thing?

When I said I felt like some of what she was saying seemed sketchy you both said you interpreted it "the opposite" way. Would that not imply that you thought it a more villagey thing?
I only talked about the interpretation of genny's statements being different from yours, not a read on her

So is there a grand plan we’re trying with the bounties?

Reactions: 1 user
Interesting. I had a very different interpretation and it made me lean in the opposite direction from you.
Yeah, I can see how this would come across that way, but I didn't mean that I was village reading her. She's still village side of neutral for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I scared my nooblet off with a combination of the talking to myself and me, Pawsy, and kd making references to old internet videos (specifically that End of Ze World one when I was firing the missile at Lawpy) :(
It just occurred to me that some of the people in this game were literally toddlers when that video came out, and that depresses me.

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Maybe not. I actually had that thought this morning, are there even any wolves? Then it just becomes a popularity contest though.
I'm going to keep hunting under the assumption that there is at least one wolf because I don't understand how to play otherwise.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm going to keep hunting under the assumption that there is at least one wolf because I don't understand how to play otherwise.
I don't either, and I've made tinfoils in my role PM about possible ways this could be set up without wolves, but it hasn't helped me figure out how to play and I'm worried about breaking the game, which is why I haven't put them on the thread.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I don’t think I’ve ever been successful as a 3p. What if we’re all 3p this game and that’s why the flips all say “not a wolf”?
I believe we are. Tbh I’m 50/50 on whether there are wolves, but I gotta continue as if there are because if they do exist, they’re the largest threat, and it’s not like there’s something else important to do during the day cycle.

DAY 3: WHY ARE ANY OF US ALIVE VOTE TALLY

Barks (2) - shorty, AM

2 of 9 players voted

Missing: ???

~*BOUNTY BOARD*~
Barks (2)

Vote/yeet closes at 10pm Eastern/9pm Central/7pm Fantasyland on Sunday, 1/16/2022 (~27.25 hours)

Last edited:
  • Care
I don’t remember what this referenced, plz hold.

Edit: I really don’t like how barks framed the Zenge sus like that. I definitely feel like she was twisty with that.

Because I felt completely neutral on the other low-posters, but her tone felt more in line with postconversion than preconversion from last game, and I felt that a conversion game would be a good kind of wolf/same-game-village-control meta comparison.

It seemed like there was more dramatic and theatrical language and emotion. As village she seemed more relaxed when joking and more measured with most content posts, which she posted more of at the beginning of the game than here, and when she did get more worked-up, it was because of dramatic events in the game (village noobs refusing to role-reveal for self preservation; mkg missing Bread’s role reveal before yeeting him). As a wolf and here, there felt like more theatrical language in jokes and when pushing people in non-PANIK sotuations, more AtE, and more prodding people with questions/plausibly-deniable-as-just-a-joke-replies feeling out whether she can get sus going on someone (this is how I was reading her exchange with you and her reply to Z)

Not particularly important because my way of trying to read her was wrong, but if you want to see if my reasoning makes sense, the posts informing it are here: BoWWnty Hunting (2022) - Game Thread (chronological order, so village until “oh my god how did i miss this oh god oh fahk” and then wolf until “hello is anyone here? Bueller? Bueller?”)
I appreciate you providing those quotes, but it still doesn’t explain the fact that MKG had so few posts and such little content I don’t think you could’ve made a decision on her affiliation that quickly. This is probably a moot point but I wanted to explain what bothered me.

I’m very unsure how I feel about Barks. I don’t see what alley is seeing in terms of meta, but I haven’t reviewed any games where she was wolfing. I feel like she acted very differently in CYO II, but in that game I think she also acted out of the norm for her wolf self. I don’t like her reasoning on Z that I’ve seen so far, but the rest of her posts have felt decent to me. E.g. I agree with her post below (I think the referenced posts sound weirdly disengaged from wolfhunting and artificially agreeable… it seems weird to me for a villager to crowdsource their vote/bounty).
Still don’t like that Vis mixed up barks and coop when they’re drastically different in my opinion. We’ve already established that I don’t have a great memory, but we had already discussed on the thread the several games barks has played this year and how she hasn’t been a villager since England. Hence why shorty and I both looked at that thread for reference.

So now you're voting with the person you actually wanted to vote the most?
I really don’t like that.
I'm not going to explain it, so you'll just have to marinate on it.

Here's the final tally for anyone who wants it.
Barks (2) - shorty, alley
Chaos (3) - AM, Zenge, Barky
Vis (1) - genny
cubs (1) - Vis
genny (1) - cubs

Leading: Chaos
Missing: also Chaos

Claimed a bounty: Dubz
(Quoted the wrong tally but it’s fine) I really hate that there were two bounties on AM without an explanation. Obviously one is chaos, but somebody else is double-dipping between the bounties and the yeet tally
I don't want to give up on figuring out what the bounty does (is this my new Cthulhu?) but I also don't want to keep trying and getting the same result 🙃 I see no reason to hop of the barks wagon, just thinking about whether to bounty again or actually vote.
Were you successful on chasing Cthulhu?? I’m also set on flipping Barks today (which I’m sure surprises nobody).

What if no one but shorty votes today, and we all just place bounties?

So is there a grand plan we’re trying with the bounties?
I’m totally fine with the bounty plan, but we need to coordinate it correctly.

I will either be yeeting or bounty-ing barks today

i met my husband when online dating was just starting to be a thing, and my parents were really scared of it, so we lied and said i picked him up at Target. thankfully i have never had to use tinder.

Ah yes Target, a much less sketchy place to meet people
Target was also the cover story my boyfriend and I used 😂 we actually met on Bumble but he worked at Target so I told my parents that we met there.

It just occurred to me that some of the people in this game were literally toddlers when that video came out, and that depresses me.
When did it debut?
Yeah I was a toddler lmao

I’m pretty sure the newbs have had busy weeks especially since their game ended but I’m sure they’ll know now that they’re very much missed!!

Or you scared them.
🥔🥔🥔🥔
I’m sorry this newb has been such a potato! I’m reading the PMs and the thread, and I promise you haven’t scared me off. TBF, I wasn’t sure how much I should be participating.

I’ll be a better newb I promise! 🥰
🥔🥔🥔🥔

• Care
I was reading back through the thread and want to hold onto this. alley is still one of my top non-wolf reads, but in case things get dicey later (assuming we still lose at parity), I find this post interesting in the light that we're all 3p.
? I’ve never played as a 3P before so I’ll just take your word for it

Reactions: 2 users
game seems to be stuttering a bit. I am happy to have run the concept this long and would be fine to end the game now, discuss thoughts. I have some thoughts on how I’d adjust the game differently for our player set/server but am okay with continuing if y’all really want to.

Let me know via PM please.

• Care
I don’t think I’ve ever been successful as a 3p. What if we’re all 3p this game and that’s why the flips all say “not a wolf”?
I said something in my role PM either late D1 or early D2 about having the urge to scream on thread that there are no villagers and maybe no wolves, but decided against it. I enjoy that you just came out and said it while everyone else was dancing around it :laugh:

Surely, there's still wolves in the game though right?

Maybe...maybe not. I have played a game where there were no "wolves" before, but still some roles were more threatening than others. That's a bit harder to ferret out based on thread posts though.

I said something in my role PM either late D1 or early D2 about having the urge to scream on thread that there are no villagers and maybe no wolves, but decided against it. I enjoy that you just came out and said it while everyone else was dancing around it :laugh:

Maybe...maybe not. I have played a game where there were no "wolves" before, but still some roles were more threatening than others. That's a bit harder to ferret out based on thread posts though.
I’ve been tinfoiling on this for days in my role PM, and on if I think there could be a world where everyone has the same wincon.

Reactions: 1 users
For the newbs following along, if you all would like, I can definitely push for a newb sidecar contingent in future games. I think it’s very important for you to play to get experience at WW but I also understand a gentle intro preference then a “jump in all the way” approach

For the newbs following along, if you all would like, I can definitely push for a newb sidecar contingent in future games. I think it’s very important for you to play to get experience at WW but I also understand a gentle intro preference then a “jump in all the way” approach
I think sidecar is a bit more structured than the spec chat, allowing for one on one WW discussion in lieu of “kill Lawpy 99999 times”

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Will give y’all more time to respond, it’s pretty early. But then someone else (@cubsrule4e ) can post game signups and get the players on a Sunday if the game were to end before vote close.
I was just gonna message him and see if he wanted to go ahead and do our joint sign ups anyway, since we still have to find out if people want to do BoWWling or BWWasics first. We can figure out start dates based on what people decide here :)

• Love