BoWWnty Hunting (2022) - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
DAY 2 (to post on sdn is exhaustion)

Roster: 9 players

1. @Animal Midwife
2. @cubsrule4e
3. @alleycat03
4. @genny
5. @Zenge142
6. @Viscernable
7. @WildZoo
13. @Barkley13
17. @supershorty

Dirt Nap Dead
9. @mkg323
18. @Chaostrodon

:ninja: : @JustPaws

7 newb sidecars
1. @weagle_weagle
2. @puppydogtor
3. @motheatenlysis
4. @Zeppelyn
5. @kdswg
6. @justafluff
7. @Dana_May_B

It is NOW Night 2. PM those actions

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
DAY 2 (to post on sdn is exhaustion)

1. @Animal Midwife
2. @cubsrule4e
3. @alleycat03
4. @genny
5. @Zenge142
6. @Viscernable
7. @WildZoo
13. @Barkley13
17. @supershorty

Dirt Nap Dead
9. @mkg323
18. @Chaostrodon

7 newb sidecars
1. @weagle_weagle
2. @puppydogtor
3. @motheatenlysis
4. @Zeppelyn
5. @kdswg
6. @justafluff
7. @Dana_May_B

It is NOW Night 2. PM those actions
Tag didn't work this time :/

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
NIGHT 2 (part roster)

1. @Animal Midwife
2. @cubsrule4e
3. @alleycat03
4. @genny
5. @Zenge142
6. @Viscernable
7. @WildZoo
13. @Barkley13
17. @supershorty

Dirt Nap Dead
9. @mkg323
18. @Chaostrodon

7 newb sidecars
1. @weagle_weagle
2. @puppydogtor
3. @motheatenlysis
4. @Zeppelyn
5. @kdswg
6. @justafluff
7. @Dana_May_B

It is NOW Day 3. Vote/yeet closes at 10pm Eastern/9pm Central/7pm Fantasyland on Sunday, 1/16/2022.

I don't want to give up on figuring out what the bounty does (is this my new Cthulhu?) but I also don't want to keep trying and getting the same result 🙃 I see no reason to hop of the barks wagon, just thinking about whether to bounty again or actually vote.

• Care
I don't want to give up on figuring out what the bounty does (is this my new Cthulhu?) but I also don't want to keep trying and getting the same result 🙃 I see no reason to hop of the barks wagon, just thinking about whether to bounty again or actually vote.
What if no one but shorty votes today, and we all just place bounties?

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
What if no one but shorty votes today, and we all just place bounties?
It would be fun but I fear giving any one person vote control (I assume this suggestion wasn’t fully serious, but I was also musing about similar stuff. Maybe we don’t see the effects until >50% are bountying??)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I might join people on Barks today. Haven’t thought as hard as I want to about the weird voting sequences before close yesterday, but I feel worse on a gut level about how Barks handled it than cubs, I think.

Shorty already voted, so she’s out of the bounty club.
Yeah, and even if she weren’t I have a fear of most people comitting to bountying and a couple voting, then villagers bountying watching as someone they don’t want gone gets yeeted. But I might be making a bigger deal out of it than it is, considering there will be still discussion about who to vote, people will face consequences if they vote in a shady way/without convincing reasoning, and presumably the bounties will do something (if there’s any time we find out what they do, it would have to be by a few days into the game with most people bountying. Otherwise I admit stupidity and give up.)

Reactions: 1 users
Hmmm yes it would stand to reason that we need more than 2 or 3 people bountying for it to make a difference. Bounties outnumbering votes perhaps.
Yeah, I was assuming that bounties influenced the game based on how people voted, but perhaps it’s an either/or situation instead of the two mechanics interacting. IDK.

• Hmm
I mean, I can undo my vote and NOT replace it if you guys want to see what will happen with just bounties. It will cause me physical pain to mark myself with a yellow box on my spreadsheet, but we have enough breathing room to try it.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I mean, I can undo my vote and NOT replace it if you guys want to see what will happen with just bounties. It will cause me physical pain to mark myself with a yellow box on my spreadsheet, but we have enough breathing room to try it.
I think you should be fine to keep your vote as long as others are willing to bounty, but we'll see how things go I guess :thinking:

Yeet Barks

I still want to know what punks tried to secretly bounty me yesterday.

• Care
  • Wow
Yeet Barks

I still want to know what punks tried to secretly bounty me yesterday.

Definitely Lawpy. Or someone in tot chat? Possible? Both days there were more votes+bounties out than there are players. Lawpy was bountied by 3 people... now it said players cant bounty tots, but it never said tots cant target other tots or players. What other explanation is there? A player has an ability to put out 2 bounties a day?

Btw I haven't posted the VCA tab from my sheet because the flips haven't been super informative and I've just been color-coding them in blue for now, but if anyone wants that, holler.

Definitely Lawpy. Or someone in tot chat? Possible? Both days there were more votes+bounties out than there are players. Lawpy was bountied by 3 people... now it said players cant bounty tots, but it never said tots cant target other tots or players. What other explanation is there? A player has an ability to put out 2 bounties a day?
I think the tots are probably bountying each other. I know Lawpy bountied himself D1.

I also think someone may be able to both vote and bounty since both days have had more bounties placed than are theoretically possible if we can do one or the other.

• Haha
I think the tots are probably bountying each other. I know Lawpy bountied himself D1.

I also think someone may be able to both vote and bounty since both days have had more bounties placed than are theoretically possible if we can do one or the other.

I thought that was just a one day loophole. Do you think KD would just allow them to keep doing that? Or do you think its an actual ability?

I thought that was just a one day loophole. Do you think KD would just allow them to keep doing that? Or do you think its an actual ability?
I think it's more likely that someone can do both than it is that tots can impact the game significantly, but that's just looking at it with my mod brain turned on.

• Care
I don't like the idea of spectators being able to bounty because not only can you not interact with them, but you can't even tell which spectator did the bounty.

That's probably my biggest grievance with bounties in general though.

I think I scared my nooblet off with a combination of the talking to myself and me, Pawsy, and kd making references to old internet videos (specifically that End of Ze World one when I was firing the missile at Lawpy) :(

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I think I scared my nooblet off with a combination of the talking to myself and me, Pawsy, and kd making references to old internet videos (specifically that End of Ze World one when I was firing the missile at Lawpy) :(
Mine hasn't talked to me in a while either :cryi:

• Care
@cubsrule4e Who all are you wolf reading again outside of genny?

Didnt really have much to go on outside of that, especially with minimal flips happening. Feeling worse about Vis after throwing all that commentary at me as close was approaching. Not for her actually doing it, but I felt a lot of it wasnt really a fair assessment given the set up of this game and the minimal knowledge we still have about how things work. Like trying to get a late swing of votes over in my direction. Tier list probably looks something like this though.

AM Dubz Alley
Zenge Shorty Vis
Barks genny

• Wow
I find him hard to read. Nothing he’s said so far has seemed all that wolfy, and I think the push toward him is interesting since it’s a push that generally has less resistance.
How do you feel about the Chaos push now with the limited info we got from his flip?

Interesting given these comments last night.

Yes, I thought I also mentioned there was a bit of sarcasm in there, as I was a bit irritable. And while I do honestly give some credence to you and dubz read on her, it doesnt mean Im going to blindly follow it, especially when I havent yet figured out the solution to yalls genny is village puzzle.

Yes, I thought I also mentioned there was a bit of sarcasm in there, as I was a bit irritable. And while I do honestly give some credence to you and dubz read on her, it doesnt mean Im going to blindly follow it, especially when I havent yet figured out the solution to yalls genny is village puzzle.
The genny part wasn't the part I found interesting.