BoWWnty Hunting (2022) - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
NIGHT 3

One stray gunshot was heard.

Roster: 8 players

1. @Animal Midwife
2. @cubsrule4e
3. @alleycat03
4. @genny
5. @Zenge142
6. @Viscernable
7. @WildZoo
17. @supershorty

Dirt Nap Dead
9. @mkg323
18. @Chaostrodon
13. @Barkley13

:ninja: @JustPaws

7 newb sidecars
1. @weagle_weagle
2. @puppydogtor
3. @motheatenlysis
4. @Zeppelyn
5. @kdswg
6. @justafluff
7. @Dana_May_B

It is NOW Day 4. Vote please?

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
It's taking all my self control to not yeet myself right now (because I've heard that's how you win games), but I will hold my vote in case y'all decide you want to continue and want to do more experiments with bounties.

• Care
  • Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
It's taking all my self control to not yeet myself right now (because I've heard that's how you win games), but I will hold my vote in case y'all decide you want to continue and want to do more experiments with bounties.
As far as I can tell, bounties are an anonymous way to vote? I bountied Barks but didn’t get any reward when she died.

Reactions: 3 users
As far as I can tell, bounties are an anonymous way to vote? I bountied Barks but didn’t get any reward when she died.
If there had been rewards I would have expected it to be some who was the first to vote on a bountied player that got yeeted would be one to reap the rewards of the bounty

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
all right: so, the bulletproof vests quickly became a bane on my existence.

I also didn’t think of how to reveal (whoops) so I improvised. That was fun lol

I think I can add people to dead chat if they want but it’s been pretty quiet there (and annoyingly empty)

Reactions: 6 users
I liked the newb sidecars, maybe my favorite thing by far.

I know having all 3p would be tricky so I worded your role PMs as such.

No one did gift anyone with an ability but DubZ, Zenge, cubs could still have since they didn’t use their kill attempt.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Roster: 11 players

1. @Animal Midwife - bounty counted for double, tried to kill Chaos N1, Barks gave her an extra kill shot which she directed at Zenge last night
2. @cubsrule4e - was targeted by Vis and genny n2, had 2 bulletproof vests
3. @alleycat03 - commuter on 3rd night, shorty targeted her n2
4. @genny - extra kill
5. @Zenge142 - 2 bulletproof vests originally, no kill attempts
6. @Viscernable - could prevent bounty placement for a cycle
7. @WildZoo - double bounty, holstered (AM WOULD BE ASHAMED!)
9. @mkg323 - could prevent bounty placement for one cycle
13. @Barkley13 - double kill, alley targeted her n1, she targeted Vis n1
17. @supershorty - commuter on 3rd nights, targeted alley n2
18. @Chaostrodon - strong arm kill (could kill anyone despite the bulletproof vest)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Bounties. Oh…bounties

Basically game process was all 3p (which had its flaws, I know), then add in some abilities, some wolfier than others.

Bounties were originally hits on players (increased likelihood to die) but since I limited it to day, they became bounties that would affect if say, different players were leading either section. Gave anonymity to voting.

If there had been a tie of sorts that didn’t involve majority, might have went multi option RNG.

Bulletproof vests were added at the end and…we see how that turned out lol

Reactions: 4 users
kd, I'm curious what incentive there was for me to gift my ability to anyone, because with a last man standing wincon, it seemed very counterproductive to me to give up my single kill shot AND ALSO give my commuter ability to someone else. I'm curious about your thought process on that role in particular.

kd, I'm curious what incentive there was for me to gift my ability to anyone, because with a last man standing wincon, it seemed very counterproductive to me to give up my single kill shot AND ALSO give my commuter ability to someone else. I'm curious about your thought process on that role in particular.
Well if the game ended night 2… ;)

Yes, commuter was a late add also. I see your perspective but it would’ve been a steep climb to win, you’re not wrong!

Everyone had the option to give up their kill and then give their ability away. Didn’t know if anyone would do it but…thought I’d give it as an option for all.

Bounties. Oh…bounties

Basically game process was all 3p (which had its flaws, I know), then add in some abilities, some wolfier than others.

Bounties were originally hits on players (increased likelihood to die) but since I limited it to day, they became bounties that would affect if say, different players were leading either section. Gave anonymity to voting.

If there had been a tie of sorts that didn’t involve majority, might have went multi option RNG.

Bulletproof vests were added at the end and…we see how that turned out lol
@bluestoat was right :bag::sorry:

I cannot believe Chaos holstered again.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I would definitely try a setup like this again with an even higher death risk. The vibe of everyone pretending to be village D1 to not look like an exclusive 3p gives me life.

• Hmm
Reactions: 5 users
The bulletproof vests lasting a whole night vs just once was an interesting thought from genny.

Zenge is the one who caught the loop hole and ran with it. Hence why I sealed it with cement.
So the loophole wasn’t role-related? What was it?

So here we have the thought progression as my noob and I try to figure out if I’m actually a villager or not 😂
So even as a villager, I want to keep around the people who think I’m also village. It prevents me from getting misyeeted, hopefully at least.
(Discussing why I should shoot barks, my top wolf read)
You must be the last one standing to win.
right now im thinking on this.... does that read village to you?

At this point I’m almost convinced that we don’t have village vs wolves and we’re all just individual people trying to be the last person standing

But I can’t exactly ask that on thread in case some people are actually villagers???

what if I’m a lone wolf (just with a 1x vig) and I don’t even know it.

• Care
  • Haha
I would definitely try a setup like this again with an even higher death risk. The vibe of everyone pretending to be village D1 to not look like an exclusive 3p gives me life.
Yeah lol as soon as I replied to Z I was like “… you know, I think he’s fishing for it as an “aha”. I don’t think there’s a billage in an experimental game called ‘bounty hunters’. I’m not even gonna bother pretending.”

• Haha
I accepted “there’s probably no village” immediately but refused to voice the possibility there were no wolves lol

So the loophole wasn’t role-related? What was it?
I could put a bounty on someone. No one said I wouldn’t also be able to post Yeet AM on the thread.

• Haha
  • Angry
No, he actually made the switch before I outlawed it so he was permitted to live. He had also inquired about fake voting too. There was a lot of me yelling “ZENGEEEE”
What did the rules say before the loophole was closed?

What did the rules say before the loophole was closed?
I had written it as you had to vote or bounty, not both. The writing may have not been as clear as I liked.

Early on day 1:
Zenge: can I fake vote and place a bounty?
me: If you do this tomfoolery, tell me first so I know to tally appropriately.
Hours go by, Zenge votes,unvotes, places bounty
I return: Zenge, you cannot do this. I outlawed it.
Zenge: technically I did it before you outlawed it.
me: goddamnit ZENGE….

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users