Bu interview 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi i think you are waiting for interview!!! me too
can you share your scores???

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks HappyK9...and good luck. Did anybody who got review mail on 24 sep got interview call...

Is there any reason to apply in early dec?
What do you guys think?Isn't it too late?
Coz i have my toefl in a week and then have to wait 2 weeks for the result.
Nbde score 94 and GPA 3.48?
Do they consider applicants with toefl a little less than 100?

Hi, can you share your interview details????

Just got BU interview invitation email this afternoon. Will be interviewed on November 18th.

Anybody with part 1 87 or toefl 97 or below got a call from BU.
I heard they dont even see your application if your toefl is below 100. Got review email in sep. nothing after that.. :xf: pls share.

i paid bu fees abt a week ago.looking forward to hear from them.my stats are 94 /3.84/105.bt problem is that i have no work experience.what r my chances?do we need ny prep for interview?hw to prepare for it.

hey happy k9 plz share ur stats..:) and good luck for an interview cal

its been a long wait...my stats are 88/106/3.84...... Stil optimistic n hopin to get a chance fr intrw....
Did any1 wid similar stats gt an intrw cal fr 2011 session?????

Could those ppl who have been through the interview share their experiences? What kinds of questions do they ask and what kind of candidates are they looking for?

Could those ppl who have been through the interview share their experiences? What kinds of questions do they ask and what kind of candidates are they looking for?

did u get a intrw call???? plz share ur stats...

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear guys, I am having interview on Nov. 18th and I am wondering if anyone can recommend me a hotel close to school

Dear guys, I am having interview on Nov. 18th and I am wondering if anyone can recommend me a hotel close to school

Congratulations mambinoo..........Do you mind to share your stats?? When did you get interview call??

Congratulations mambinoo..........Do you mind to share your stats?? When did you get interview call??

Hi, where ru now mamboo ? in US??

Last edited:
Did anyone get acceptance for 2011 ? please post ur inerview date and when you got ur acceptance... its been a month since BU has started interviewing..no acceptance letters sent till now.

I had my interview on nov 18th and I got an acceptance email on the 19th!.. stats = 96/3.98/117 ... good luck to everyone

Hi weezy 84,
Congratulations on ur score and admission! Amazing score!!!.Would you plz share a few tips on what books u really followed, and ur study pattern. What extra work u really need to do for a score of more than 90?Thank you very much.

Did anybody who got the application under review email in November and December 2010 got interview call email?? If some one there, please post the IV dates... when they were called??

Hi. I got a FURTHER REVIEW MAIL today? anyone else in same boat. what does this mean. I had a review mail in sep already? Any one got INTERVIEW INVITES FOR JAN? I am not able to figure it out.

Hi. I got a FURTHER REVIEW MAIL today? anyone else in same boat. what does this mean. I had a review mail in sep already? Any one got INTERVIEW INVITES FOR JAN? I am not able to figure it out.

even I got the same email today.

i got that hold after interview mail too !

i got that hold after interview mail too !
When you were called for the interview??????/Can you please answer ..........because it is really confusing as you said that you got hold after interview??????

When you were called for the interview??????/Can you please answer ..........because it is really confusing as you said that you got hold after interview??????
oh no i was never invited for interview!..... I just got application under review email yesterday and today i got the email which is titled HOLD AFTER Review,( sorry guyz my mistake) ....same as tooth fairy.queen....:( that they will reconsider my application and dont lose hope bla bla bla , the admission committe reserve the right to call after interviews are over !! bla bla

I hope this removes any confusion:)

oh no i was never invited for interview!..... I just got application under review email yesterday and today i got the email which is titled HOLD AFTER INTERVIEW or something ....same as tooth fairy.queen....:( that they will reconsider my application and dont lose hope bla bla bla , the admission committe reserve the right to call after interviews are over !! bla bla

I hope this removes any confusion:)

I think I'm still confused.. So they're saying that they're only going to consider your application again after interviews are done??

why don't you copy and paste the email so we're not so confused anymore?
If you don't mind!!
Thanks

I think I'm still confused.. So they're saying that they're only going to consider your application again after interviews are done??

why don't you copy and paste the email so we're not so confused anymore?
If you don't mind!!
Thanks

Hi everyone, this is what I got this morning:

I am e-mailing you to update you on the status of your application. As you know, your application has been under review by the Admissions Committee. Your file has been chosen for further examination for consideration for an interview call. The Committee recognizes that you may have been waiting for weeks (and in some cases, months) to receive news concerning your application. Admissions has received a record number of applications for the Advanced Standing DMD Program, this year. To ensure that each and every applicant receives the consideration which they deserve, the Committee is taking time to review each file. In your case, your file is being considered again, so that you can be considered carefully.

Please be aware that, while interviews will end either by the end of February or early March, the Admissions Committee reserves the right to call individual candidates at a later date for consideration. Final decisions can be made all the way up to the beginning of the semester at the end of July. Until you hear otherwise, your file remains active and under consideration.

I encourage you to remain optimistic!

Sincerely,

Tobias Kahan

Hi everyone, this is what I got this morning:

I am e-mailing you to update you on the status of your application. As you know, your application has been under review by the Admissions Committee. Your file has been chosen for further examination for consideration for an interview call. The Committee recognizes that you may have been waiting for weeks (and in some cases, months) to receive news concerning your application. Admissions has received a record number of applications for the Advanced Standing DMD Program, this year. To ensure that each and every applicant receives the consideration which they deserve, the Committee is taking time to review each file. In your case, your file is being considered again, so that you can be considered carefully.

Please be aware that, while interviews will end either by the end of February or early March, the Admissions Committee reserves the right to call individual candidates at a later date for consideration. Final decisions can be made all the way up to the beginning of the semester at the end of July. Until you hear otherwise, your file remains active and under consideration.

I encourage you to remain optimistic!

Sincerely,

Tobias Kahan

me too got the same email. what do you guys think, is it a good sign or bad?
so confused:confused::confused:.. it looks very clear but whats the meaning behind it:mad:

I got the exact same mail today... what does that mean?? has anybody called university to ask about that??

I got a mail too which says, "Hold After Review." I really hope that they call for an interview.....

I got a mail too which says, "Hold After Review." I really hope that they call for an interview.....
hey I would really appreciate if you can share ur stats...bz I did not recieve any email like this..mine r 90/3.05/103...thanx

I also got the same HOLD mail today...but no worries...I already got acceptance from my dream school..:luck:

dont worry guys...keeps your hopes up:thumbup::thumbup:

I received the same mail as well:)

hey guys keep hopes alive.... at a first glance to this mail, i felt a sort of good... pray tht this new year brings our interview... what i can figure out is BU closes for Holidays from 18 dec, and this was a little xmas surprise to us....:xf:

Hey toothfairyqueen I really wish what you are saying is true... these schools ( BU, NYU) are my last hope.. I'll call tobi tomorrow hopefully I can find him in office. I called last friday & he was out of town for weekend. keep ur fingers crossed...

hey every one ,dont let this email distract u from ur goal! i am currently prepping for for pt 2 , n if any one else is doing the same, focus at that, whether they send invite or not only time will tell, but do hope for the best and be prepared for the worst....even if we dont get a calll, better luck next tym ..... dont waste tym banking on this only .,gear up and get on that horse again! that is all i can say
regards

hey every one ,dont let this email distract u from ur goal! i am currently prepping for for pt 2 , n if any one else is doing the same, focus at that, whether they send invite or not only time will tell, but do hope for the best and be prepared for the worst....even if we dont get a calll, better luck next tym ..... dont waste tym banking on this only .,gear up and get on that horse again! that is all i can say
regards

Perfect !!!

I also got the same email today..on hold...friend who got the same email , will you please share your stats? I am just confuse what to think of this email..Is it positive or?? :xf::xf::xf::xf:

Hey toothfairyqueen I really wish what you are saying is true... these schools ( BU, NYU) are my last hope.. I'll call tobi tomorrow hopefully I can find him in office. I called last friday & he was out of town for weekend. keep ur fingers crossed...

Hi Sonachinu - Just wanted to know, Did you get a chance to call BU? Any updates? Thanks for your help.

Yes I did call BU & Tobi's reply was as inconclusive as email.. here is what he said.. " You are on the list of the people we will call for interviews, but as application process is still on we will choose from them too.
I asked him if its kind of wait list or something & he said Interview is on rolling basis & there is just one list. You r on it but we will choose from new applicants too so it will all come to that.
so what I got from this is; they will choose from the group on hold & we are on list till someone new & better comes along... so I guess we have crossed one sub-stage & this makes it even more complicated.. though he said to be positive, I think we should carry on with what we are doing rightt now. If we will get call that will be treat but don't hang up your shoes, still long road to go.

Yes I did call BU & Tobi's reply was as inconclusive as email.. here is what he said.. " You are on the list of the people we will call for interviews, but as application process is still on we will choose from them too.
I asked him if its kind of wait list or something & he said Interview is on rolling basis & there is just one list. You r on it but we will choose from new applicants too so it will all come to that.
so what I got from this is; they will choose from the group on hold & we are on list till someone new & better comes along... so I guess we have crossed one sub-stage & this makes it even more complicated.. though he said to be positive, I think we should carry on with what we are doing rightt now. If we will get call that will be treat but don't hang up your shoes, still long road to go.

Great summary. Thanks for updating in details on forum. This will help ppl like us.

It seems positive..
What about those who din't receive "Hold after Review" e-mail?
Anyone?