Chicago Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ekaltadeta

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Finally got my first interview... Chicago Med. Quite exciting indeed, though I wish the rest of the schools would get on their horse.

Anyhow, could anyone who has any suggestions, helpful hints, interview questions, or anything else please post them for me.

One direct question: Is it beneficial to stay overnight with a boarder med student the night before the interview? I have friends in Chicago and can stay for free anyways.

Thanks all!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!

Honestly the worst part of my interview there was all the waiting around. They give you breakfast in the morning and then just leave everyone sitting in the room waiting for their name to be called. I ate quickly, not knowing when my interview would be, and ended up sitting there for over an hour before my first interview. I would say the interview questions varied (by talking to people). Some people got ethical questions, but I didn't. Mine more standard, such as why medicine, etc. There is a faculty and student interview and both of my were friendly and nice.

As for where you should stay: I live in Chicago, so I just drove to the interview. If you can stay with a friend, that might be less stressful, but only if you have a way of getting up to the med school. There is no really easy public transportation from the city.

Good luck!