2023-2024 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know RFU doesn't take update letters. But would they take thank you letters or letters of intent?
at least from being placed on the alternate list, it said that neither were accepted so idk about after an interview/before decisions are out

Members don't see this ad.

I know RFU doesn't take update letters. But would they take thank you letters or letters of intent?
During my interview, one of the admissions member's said something along the lines of "we don't accept any letters, but sometimes people get clever with it and find a way to reach out to us." I have NO idea how to interpret that. Probably best to not send letters and possibly annoy an adcom. I didn't send thank you's (since its an MMI), and I got accepted.

Reactions: 1 user
During my interview, one of the admissions member's said something along the lines of "we don't accept any letters, but sometimes people get clever with it and find a way to reach out to us." I have NO idea how to interpret that. Probably best to not send letters and possibly annoy an adcom. I didn't send thank you's (since its an MMI), and I got accepted.
I was sooo confused by this too. Like do they want ppl to call and profess their love over phone??

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha does anyone else have any luck with this? This school is my top choice and if they take me I'll go.

I would email the dean your intent in an email format not a pdf letter maybe?
lol not sure if this is fr but I will actually do it. I think the advisor they assigned to me is Latrice Williams? So I'll just send it to her.

I remember Latrice saying in the info session to send updates to her email, which is what I did. She never responded so I'm not sure if it was considered in the final decision process in the end.

lol not sure if this is fr but I will actually do it. I think the advisor they assigned to me is Latrice Williams? So I'll just send it to her.
I emailed her an update and got rejected lmao

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Yes and also the dean i think its a guy
Did you send two separate emails then? One to Latrice and one to Michael Ellison, EdD? His title is Associate Dean for Admissions so I assume. that he's the one that I send it to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you send two separate emails then? One to Latrice and one to Michael Ellison, EdD? His title is Associate Dean for Admissions so I assume. that he's the one that I send it to.
I didnt send anything hahaha but this is my guess as to what to do

I got AL in oct and no movement since, should i email updates to the admissions team or is that risky since they said not to send updates

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
I got AL in oct and no movement since, should i email updates to the admissions team or is that risky since they said not to send updates
i have been AL since nov and I wouldn't. I have significant updates and I'm not sending them since they were very explicit not to

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know a specific way to withdraw via the portal post acceptance or do I need to just email admissions? Hopefully my spot can go to one of y'all!

Should those who interviewed 02/06 expect to hear back next week?
It seems like some people from 01/30 heard back last week so I was thinking sometime this week? I could be wrong though.

Anyone accepted still not received their RFU account yet? Was told I would get it within 24-48 hours...5 days ago.

just withdrew my interview here!! hope it goes to one of you :) i was scheduled for 3/5

• Care
for anyone who has interviewed, are the faculty in the room with you during the 1 minute of time you get to prepare a response?

also can you take notes during that 1 minute prep time or are notes not allowed like the RWJ mmi

Hi, can someone please let me know how long the full interview day is? I'm only able to find out the start date and wanted to see if I could do a half day at work, thank you!!

Withdrew my II originally scheduled for 3/12- good luck to everyone!!

• Care
Hi, can someone please let me know how long the full interview day is? I'm only able to find out the start date and wanted to see if I could do a half day at work, thank you!!
About 5 hours I believe

Do we need to dress up for the meet and greet session the day before the interview?

Do we need to dress up for the meet and greet session the day before the interview?
when do we find out when the meet and greet session is? i have an II scheduled but haven't heard anything about it yet