-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
April 2nd is my interview date, does that mean they can make a decision after my interview as well?The dean said on my interview day that they will meet on April 2nd
Thomas R
Full Member
Maybe. I'm not sure. Decisions he said we would have by mid april so theres a good chanceApril 2nd is my interview date, does that mean they can make a decision after my interview as well?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuremd1122
Full Member
Pre II Rejection 🙁 Good luck to everyone!
+1 finally!OOS Pre-II R finally. Complete early July
OOS Pre-II R finally. Complete early July
Assuming the status update email is an R? I don’t wanna log into a portal to check
coolcardiology
Full Member
If ur on the AL and u get an email back after 4/15 to check your portal, is that a safe to say it's prob an A? Or do u think they'd send R to their AL during that time?
+1+1 finally!
Seems like rejections are on a rolling basis right? I was complete in December and have not been rejected or interview invited yet
Thomas R
Full Member
they are.Seems like rejections are on a rolling basis right? I was complete in December and have not been rejected or interview invited yet
Anyone want to do MMI practice together over zoom?
FishyATL15
New Member
Is there an admitted students GroupMe? If so, could someone DM me the link?
coolcardiology
Full Member
If you scroll up a little further you'll find it.Is there an admitted students GroupMe? If so, could someone DM me the link?
Happisquirrell
Full Member
Any chance they are still sending out IIs?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dotsquared
Full Member
Through end of April apparentlyAny chance they are still sending out IIs?
Curious about something, has everyone on the AL gotten the student ambassador email?
whitegoated
Full Member
i didn’t get anything yet. when were you put on AL?Curious about something, has everyone on the AL gotten the student ambassador email?
i think that means you’re probs getting off AL!!
I've been on for a while 😢 since November. I got the email a few weeks before I got the AL, I was just curious if that was still a thing or meant anythingi didn’t get anything yet. when were you put on AL?
i think that means you’re probs getting off AL!!
clipsclips
New Member
i've been on AL for a while and never got the ambassador emailI've been on for a while 😢 since November. I got the email a few weeks before I got the AL, I was just curious if that was still a thing or meant anything
RFU 2024 Match list dropped...I am impressed.
Hippocrates2028
New Member
Fellow AL here. Interviewed Sep 19. and accepted my alternate form in Oct. Where did you hear the 4/15 date for a release of waitlist decisions?If ur on the AL and u get an email back after 4/15 to check your portal, is that a safe to say it's prob an A? Or do u think they'd send R to their AL during that time?
D
deleted1172795
4/15 is when people who hold multiple acceptances have to narrow it down to 3 acceptances. However, I thought that you could only be rejected from the AL once school starts. Someone correct me if I’m wrong?Fellow AL here. Interviewed Sep 19. and accepted my alternate form in Oct. Where did you hear the 4/15 date for a release of waitlist decisions?
coolcardiology
Full Member
I'm not absolutely sure but this would make sense with what I was thinking. Those on the AL who hear back between now and the first day are probably receiving news of A? In that case between that timeframe any news/notification is good news..?4/15 is when people who hold multiple acceptances have to narrow it down to 3 acceptances. However, I thought that you could only be rejected from the AL once school starts. Someone correct me if I’m wrong?
AL confirmation form thru portal today [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]
Has anyone gotten post-II R??? I feel like I haven't seen a single one reported, only A or AL
I think next Tuesday is their last interview dayAny chance they are still sending out IIs?
bluelion27
Full Member
+1 AL. interviewed 3/5
+1 AL. Interviewed on 3/5
It is odd but at the same time, I think part of it is reporting bias since most people aren’t gonna post a rejection.Has anyone gotten post-II R??? I feel like I haven't seen a single one reported, only A or AL
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I kind of wish they at least email us about the decision instead of only changing it on the portal.
I have few questions about the AL if someone could answer them for me. 1. Are the AL's ranked or unranked? 2. How much movement is on the AL? 3. Typically when do applicants get AL movement decisions in the previous few years?
+1 AL
I have few questions about the AL if someone could answer them for me. 1. Are the AL's ranked or unranked? 2. How much movement is on the AL? 3. Typically when do applicants get AL movement decisions in the previous few years?
So it looks like the AL is ranked, but they just don't tell us our rank.
I heard they only hold the exact number of acceptances per seat (205). They don't over accept so that may be why there are so little A's.
Do their A’s come in big waves then?I heard they only hold the exact number of acceptances per seat (205). They don't over accept so that may be why there are so little A's.
Do their A’s come in big waves then?
I believe so
D
deleted1172795
Has anyone who was interviewed in Feb or March received an A? I've only seen AL on here
I wonder when they will start to pull off the AL. Last year it didn’t happen until may but years prior there was some movement in april
coolcardiology
Full Member
Update: 38 ppl in the groupmeThere are only like 32 ppl in our group me accepted chat so I’m guessing there’s still a lot of open seats
squirrel_whisperer
Full Member
Same. I'm on the waitlist at two schools (including this one as of yesterday), and my biggest worry is less about going to med school now and more about having a place to live/financial security.A little rant: I’m on the AL/WL of multiple schools I wish there was a way to speed up this process and just know if it’s a yes or no because having things up in the air like a job/lease and not knowing whether I’m staying or going soon is killing me 🥲
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel this so much. not me going from checking SDN every week or so to every day and now like every hour bc it feels good to just have SOME update from anyoneA little rant: I’m on the AL/WL of multiple schools I wish there was a way to speed up this process and just know if it’s a yes or no because having things up in the air like a job/lease and not knowing whether I’m staying or going soon is killing me 🥲
I'm on 5 WLs and felt all of this so much. The "in limbo" status is doing wonders in combination with my Type A anxious self hahahaI feel this so much. not me going from checking SDN every week or so to every day and now like every hour bc it feels good to just have SOME update from anyone
when were you interviewed here and AL ?I'm on 5 WLs and felt all of this so much. The "in limbo" status is doing wonders in combination with my Type A anxious self hahaha
I just got mail from the CMS admissions dept, it was a letter thanking me for interviewing and a notebook? Is this a facy rejection or an A? Anyone else get one? My portal hasn't changed, but when I saw mail from them I did get my hopes up lol
I interviewed here on 1/22 and was placed on the AL on 2/7. So hopefully all will work out in the end and I am sending all the good vibes to everyone else in limbo 🙂when were you interviewed here and AL ?
Edit: confused my thread- I interviewed in November and WL in December. Letters are not accepted
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 871
- Views
- 207K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 288K
- Replies
- 737
- Views
- 227K