2023-2024 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
The dean said on my interview day that they will meet on April 2nd
April 2nd is my interview date, does that mean they can make a decision after my interview as well?

April 2nd is my interview date, does that mean they can make a decision after my interview as well?
Maybe. I'm not sure. Decisions he said we would have by mid april so theres a good chance

OOS Pre-II R finally. Complete early July

Reactions: 1 users
If ur on the AL and u get an email back after 4/15 to check your portal, is that a safe to say it's prob an A? Or do u think they'd send R to their AL during that time?

Seems like rejections are on a rolling basis right? I was complete in December and have not been rejected or interview invited yet

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone want to do MMI practice together over zoom?

Is there an admitted students GroupMe? If so, could someone DM me the link?

i didn’t get anything yet. when were you put on AL?
i think that means you’re probs getting off AL!!
I've been on for a while :cryi: since November. I got the email a few weeks before I got the AL, I was just curious if that was still a thing or meant anything

I've been on for a while :cryi: since November. I got the email a few weeks before I got the AL, I was just curious if that was still a thing or meant anything
i've been on AL for a while and never got the ambassador email

If ur on the AL and u get an email back after 4/15 to check your portal, is that a safe to say it's prob an A? Or do u think they'd send R to their AL during that time?
Fellow AL here. Interviewed Sep 19. and accepted my alternate form in Oct. Where did you hear the 4/15 date for a release of waitlist decisions?

Fellow AL here. Interviewed Sep 19. and accepted my alternate form in Oct. Where did you hear the 4/15 date for a release of waitlist decisions?
4/15 is when people who hold multiple acceptances have to narrow it down to 3 acceptances. However, I thought that you could only be rejected from the AL once school starts. Someone correct me if I’m wrong?

4/15 is when people who hold multiple acceptances have to narrow it down to 3 acceptances. However, I thought that you could only be rejected from the AL once school starts. Someone correct me if I’m wrong?
I'm not absolutely sure but this would make sense with what I was thinking. Those on the AL who hear back between now and the first day are probably receiving news of A? In that case between that timeframe any news/notification is good news..?

Has anyone gotten post-II R??? I feel like I haven't seen a single one reported, only A or AL

Placed on AL! Interviewed 3/5. I did not get any emails lol I checked the portal and saw the alternate list form.

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone gotten post-II R??? I feel like I haven't seen a single one reported, only A or AL
It is odd but at the same time, I think part of it is reporting bias since most people aren’t gonna post a rejection.

I kind of wish they at least email us about the decision instead of only changing it on the portal.

I have few questions about the AL if someone could answer them for me. 1. Are the AL's ranked or unranked? 2. How much movement is on the AL? 3. Typically when do applicants get AL movement decisions in the previous few years?

So it looks like the AL is ranked, but they just don't tell us our rank.

I heard they only hold the exact number of acceptances per seat (205). They don't over accept so that may be why there are so little A's.

Has anyone who was interviewed in Feb or March received an A? I've only seen AL on here

I wonder when they will start to pull off the AL. Last year it didn’t happen until may but years prior there was some movement in april

Reactions: 1 user
There are only like 32 ppl in our group me accepted chat so I’m guessing there’s still a lot of open seats

Reactions: 2 users
A little rant: I’m on the AL/WL of multiple schools I wish there was a way to speed up this process and just know if it’s a yes or no because having things up in the air like a job/lease and not knowing whether I’m staying or going soon is killing me 🥲

Reactions: 9 users
A little rant: I’m on the AL/WL of multiple schools I wish there was a way to speed up this process and just know if it’s a yes or no because having things up in the air like a job/lease and not knowing whether I’m staying or going soon is killing me 🥲
Same. I'm on the waitlist at two schools (including this one as of yesterday), and my biggest worry is less about going to med school now and more about having a place to live/financial security.

• Care
I feel this so much. not me going from checking SDN every week or so to every day and now like every hour bc it feels good to just have SOME update from anyone

• Care