2023-2024 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed here on 1/22 and was placed on the AL on 2/7. I sent an update letter soon after that. So hopefully all will work out in the end and I am sending all the good vibes to everyone else in limbo 🙂
did you just email the update letter to the admissions team? or how did you send it?
 
I uploaded it to the portal. I know others had said that was where it was supposed to have been placed. Did anyone do differently or reach out to admissions to see if they saw your letter?

Wait I thought RFU didn’t accept them…they specifically told me no updates or letters of intent even if you’re waitlisted
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Letters of intent and update letters are not accepted but thank you letters are. Latrice told everyone at my interview day that thank you letters could be emailed to her and then she’ll distribute them.

Okay that’s what I thought. I’m way past my interview and thank you letters, I just wanted to double check I wasn’t missing the chance to send a LOI or update. Thank you!
 
OMG guys- ignore me. I am confusing threads of my schools on here. This process is melting my brain. but you are absolutely correct RFU does not accept LOI's only thank-you letters. I interviewed with RFU in November and was Waitlisted in December. Just having a day!!
 
Got an email to check my portal for a status update but I’m just gonna assume it’s a pre-II R lol

why do some med schools make us log in to check instead of just emailing like?? that makes me even more upset. ESPECIALLY if i have to reset my password or something
 
I know there's one more cycle of interviews tmrw and that's it... does anyone have an idea or has anyone reached out regarding when they'll decide late March, 4/2, and 4/9's interviews by?
 
I just got mail from the CMS admissions dept, it was a letter thanking me for interviewing and a notebook? Is this a facy rejection or an A? Anyone else get one? My portal hasn't changed, but when I saw mail from them I did get my hopes up lol
I was wondering this too? Wonder if everyone got it
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don’t think I got this [emoji848] I’m on AL but maybe I live further away?

Im on the west coast. Sometimes schools send stuff to my parents house even though i dont live there anymore. [emoji2370][emoji2370] i wouldnt put too much thought in it though. Anything official will be through email. Or portal i guess loool
 
why can't they just send out R's at once. Its getting annoying to have to wait around
two years ago they actually ran out of AL spots and had to re-invite previously rejected people to replenish their AL in May. That's probably why- they are probably using algorithms to avoid having to do that and still send out Rs as they can
 
I don't think I saw a single post II-R from this thread. Maybe I'm wrong or maybe they don't reject people post II.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So are we supposed to get a doctor to fill out the physical for us? And does that mean we need to get a TB test soon? I am so confused.
 
seems it ineeds to be uploaded and completed by July 15th
1712855678175.png
 
I'm so confused, I got the immunization email saying I'm an alternate but I never got any communication in the portal or email that I'm an alternate lol. Did this happen to anyone else? Or is there a different portal that I'm not checking? I've been checking RFUConnect, where the applicant checklist thing is
It should say that you have a status update towards the top of the page
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad