CHOOSE YOUR OWWN IV - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am sus at all the above. I’ve played with maybe 1/3 of the roster and the rest are new to me. I feel like the above sounds like scum trying to point blame at someone other than themselves and seeing what might stick

Yeet fruit
How are naked votes pointing blame at anyone?
Noting the light sus read on me. Barky tends to scum read me and it is generally NAI
I'm gonna slightly back off on this, because going back to re-read the thread open... the pattern of voting is off for fruits. There is usually some sort of rhyme or reason on why fruits places a vote to put pressure on someone, here it looks like a lot of noise. Voting for multiple people who haven't even checked in, and then moving on before they do, is weird, even by fruits standards.

Actual content of posts when they offer thoughts is pretty good though. So move them to unsure group.

This progression actually feels a little weird to me? The "according to shorty" bit I understand is meant to be a joke, but it feels more like "haha see, it's real! Phew..." idk. I mean, I see it's a real role, but... hm.

Why be basic when you could be ADVANCED?

Hmm?

I think my unease is more that 2 people who I would not consider historically shining beacons of towniness seem to be (very early and admittedly with most of the game not commenting specifically on this) consensus town, but I also am reading them both that way.

I'm just trying to decide what that means to me when it comes to other people coming to those reads.

I didn’t think it was outside of fruit’s normal

I also don’t have any strong read on him rn

That would be a wild thing to make up instead of just claiming vanillager

If it makes you feel better, I’m not reading alissa as village at this time
more sus reading on me
I may not catch up today but I must go to work now

Yeet spurs
@Animal Midwife @Dr. ForgotToFlush @kaydubs

Based on vibes mainly
Bussing??
I think a few other ppl pointed this out, but sussing people who sus you is not very village-y.

I personally don't care if you react to all my posts. I just ignore reactions and look for places where people quoted me.

Agree

I think this is what I was feeling when I flagged her backtracking on a couple reads

Valid. Stand by what I said. I don't especially want to re-open that discussion.

Huh. Well I wish you were gonna be around so I could ask why, but :shrug:

If you have time later, would appreciate knowing which posts specifically set off your spider tingles.
this last sentence is in response to barky's vote.
i’m just mulling over barky’s response to PSV… idk feels like a defense of CG?

also the followup comments on alissa feel weird

Was this the exact phrasing?

I think I'm adding PSV to my village pile with Clem, Alissa, and Kitz. I liked her progression and eventual backing off on samac while I was also working through sus there for different reasons. Felt very not-opportunistic

fruit, Clem, alissa, PSV, kitz

samac

genny?

I think are my current towny vibes, with a number of people I need to sort through my feels on when I get home

i'll hold off on voting the leading wagons for a while, i'm interested in seeing alternatives

like

barky

No, it just said “tracker” but the lil blurb said village aligned
Not town aligned?
Yes town. Same thing
rojo slip?
One could see it that way but it would also just actually be a weird thing to make up when there’s easier lies :shrug:

I’m not ignoring this, I just need to go back and try to see why but don’t have time rn

Hm not what I was expecting to see with such small wagons. Why are people voting CG?

raes made that cryptic post and then vanished...

Noting that barky never came back to answer this
noting the light push of barky here
context matters, i was egged on by samacs and others to switch back to CG for rng reasons but the tie disintegrated before i switched

The site was under maintenance when I was trying to catch up last night lol
in reply to spurs' push. IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT SPURS DID NOT CONTINUE TO PUSH BARKY BEFORE FLIPPING AND BARKY NEVER ANSWERED BEYOND "vibes"
Hm, is this still your village pile now? It gave me some pause seeing Clem and Alissa there but I suppose at this point a few others were village reading her too
Still sus reading me
Why fruit and Clem

Why were so many people reading Clem as village at this point. My brain may be goo from all the pages I’m reading to catch up but I don’t remember anything that stood out at particularly villagey

I’m confused why you kept bringing me up and trying to push me when I wasn’t here/hasn’t posted in a while? I have not seen you bring anyone else up much

I had some real-time interactions with Clem at the start of yesterday that felt pretty good and I agree with Spurs that some of Clem's reads since then have felt towny to me (in that I don't get any sort of vibe of concern about how people might perceive his reads, he feels pretty relaxed, he's happy to make strong statements and then flip them around completely as a joke, etc.).

I just got to him flipping his read on samac which felt good

This feels weird from fruits, throwing shade after it had already been pointed out to be sketchy. Along with only bringing up me all day when I was absent where there were people he could’ve talked to/tried to push in real time and all the waffling at the end for no stated reasons

barky, you need to stop ignoring the context

i was on the rae vote, and i added a followup reasoning

i was not focusing solely on you

i focused on beans, CG, spurs, and even zenge, all of which you chose to ignore

the fact you insist on pushing this false narrative isn’t coming across as sincere attempt to solve but rather a retaliatory attack on me because i was raising questions on you

Can you quote where they were egging you on?

Wat. He was voting me on and off all day
this was in response to my brief questioning of a potential bark/fruit pack
To clear this up again because you’ve said twice that you were reading me right last game, I never had any knowledge of being a wolf while you were alive in the game and pushing me

I have little reason to have retaliation as the only reason to sus you when there was never a viable wagon on me :shrug: From my catch up, it seemed like you brought me up multiple times when I wasn’t here (and had said I wasn’t going to be here) when there were other things to discuss and I found it sketchy. It seemed to me to be only later in the day when more waffling was occurring that you started focusing on others

In your catch up, did you feel like he pushed people toward your vote, or just voted there?

(I don't know the answer to this question, I just recently had looked at rae's list of his votes)

Not super pushy/actively scouting people to vote there but brought me up a few times randomly

Okay, I'm just trying to reconcile this - which I agree with, with you saying

In my head those say very similar things

Hey but at least I discarded cult recruiter!


The first one said he was voting me and bringing me up randomly and the second one says he kept bringing me up instead of pushing other people

Is the “only” the issue because I think it more felt like that where I was on thread but changed later 🤔

Right, "all day"

Is that what happened?

I’m ecstatic my vibe read while behind was actually right
this is in response to the Spurs wolf flip. AGAIN SPURS DID NOT FURTHER PUSH BARKY
I can't reply to Barky's post but I guess that is MORE comments and over a longer period than I thought.

However, I still don't agree with the characterization that that's all fruit focused on.

Well maybe I just pay attention to my name the most :laugh: Looking through his ISO there were other comments throughout but it still felt like he was constantly bringing me up

I just included everything that said my name

How are you reading alissa now?

Weak village lean because I can see where she’s trying but some things give me pause
Love that she randomly gave me a weak village lean based on me "trying" but is still also sussing me.
Dubz is not mafia.
this brought a small piece of tinfoil of what if dubz in woof pack??? the only reason I have dubz out of my POE is bc I trust shorty right now.
it’s looking retaliatory is my point

i list scumreads, scumreads list me and each other in their own scumreads

...yeah I don't consider this a push, so you thinking I'm being retaliatory doesn't make sense to me.

that’s because you were already gaining steam and i posted i was supportive of that before your post on me

i’m just noting and comparing how you’re handling me with how barky, beans, raes, spurs, alissa handled me and i see a lot of parallels that i’m countering
so you think we are all scum? Is that the conclusion you're drawing?
probably not all scum, but certainly different scum factions yes
And what do you think about your scum reads listing each other as scum reads?

Oh yeah this did happen. Now to debate if it truly was due to going after him last game or because partners
But what would be the strategy behind every scum convening on a single person
This is when fruits was listing all the player that were sussing him. To his credit, 2 of them have flipped wolf.

I think I feel okay about PSV right now
is this because I said I want to investigate barks more
because if it's to make me feel pleased and want to stop pondering you
it's like... 62% of the way to working.
No it’s becuase you feel like an exasperated villager

Hello shorty, can I know why you’re townreading dubz?
going back to my dubz woof tinfoil
Why Rae?

Something was tingly there yesterday but I felt better later in the day/during night.
(I have no further details on this at this time)

Best I've got:

yeet barks
@kaydubs @Animal Midwife @Dr. ForgotToFlush

Oh goodness
I was going to say that I was having a hard time deciding where to vote but never mind

Wut
This was in response to who would be paired with spurs so why would you think that?


Above are all of Barky's posts in the game thus far plus quotes from people interacting with her for context that I felt were content-related. TLDR i think barks is going to the top of my scum list. Barks really hasn't given the most town vibes to begin with and to me, doesn't seem to be actively scum hunting either. I understand that she is busy with real life things and it can be hard to catch up when you're pages behind on thread. However, when she does pop in, it is to offer fluffy reads of other players, but usually when pushed to do so, or to state that she is busy or behind or both. All in all, its not very town aligned to me
If you ignore everything else, I ended up voting for scum both days :heckyeah:
I am not going to ignore everything else and neither should anyone playing. You voted spurs based on "vibes" and didn't even explain when he pushed you to do so and then spurs didn't keep pushing. And the only reason you voted PSV was to self-prez. These don't give you any village point in my opinion

edited to add more of a barks read.
 
Last edited:
oh, well that's not a great example lol

Would you like me to provide you with a representative village game and the only non-noob scum game I have for referencing?
spoiler: I high post as any aff so regardless, you'd have a lot of reading
I am curious about what led you to check that game in particular though 🤔
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aesjiu.gif
WHERED YOU GET THAT PICTURE OF ME
 
@supershorty are you still confident that Dubz is in your village blocc? I've just been reflecting on PSV saying that Dubz was not mafia.... but that doesn't clear Dubz at all and I don't know what to make of it in light of the PSV flip
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As a note, I do think that PSV's ATE last night worked on me (which i know i should be scolded for), especially since I was unable to be present and active near close.

It can be hard sometimes for me to separate players from the game and what I know of them outside of the game. sometimes its hard to call your friends liars and want to yeet them into oblivion even if its just pretend :sorry:
 
@supershorty are you still confident that Dubz is in your village blocc? I've just been reflecting on PSV saying that Dubz was not mafia.... but that doesn't clear Dubz at all and I don't know what to make of it in light of the PSV flip
I put near-zero stock in the seering abilities in this game after how useless I found the cop ability to be when I was one - especially with a negative result like that one. Whether PSV said that because she actually copped Dubz or not, it doesn't affect my read there.
 
I put near-zero stock in the seering abilities in this game after how useless I found the cop ability to be when I was one - especially with a negative result like that one. Whether PSV said that because she actually copped Dubz or not, it doesn't affect my read there.
They're still useful they just aren't gospel

Not this one specifically, obviously, but
 
Noting the light sus read on me. Barky tends to scum read me and it is generally NAI









more sus reading on me

Bussing??

this last sentence is in response to barky's vote.













rojo slip?









noting the light push of barky here



in reply to spurs' push. IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT SPURS DID NOT CONTINUE TO PUSH BARKY BEFORE FLIPPING AND BARKY NEVER ANSWERED BEYOND "vibes"

Still sus reading me















this was in response to my brief questioning of a potential bark/fruit pack



















this is in response to the Spurs wolf flip. AGAIN SPURS DID NOT FURTHER PUSH BARKY







Love that she randomly gave me a weak village lean based on me "trying" but is still also sussing me.

this brought a small piece of tinfoil of what if dubz in woof pack??? the only reason I have dubz out of my POE is bc I trust shorty right now.









This is when fruits was listing all the player that were sussing him. To his credit, 2 of them have flipped wolf.






going back to my dubz woof tinfoil


Above are all of Barky's posts in the game thus far plus quotes from people interacting with her for context that I felt were content-related. TLDR i think barks is going to the top of my scum list. Barks really hasn't given the most town vibes to begin with and to me, doesn't seem to be actively scum hunting either. I understand that she is busy with real life things and it can be hard to catch up when you're pages behind on thread. However, when she does pop in, it is to offer fluffy reads of other players, but usually when pushed to do so, or to state that she is busy or behind or both. All in all, its not very town aligned to me

I am not going to ignore everything else and neither should anyone playing. You voted spurs based on "vibes" and didn't even explain when he pushed you to do so and then spurs didn't keep pushing. And the only reason you voted PSV was to self-prez. These don't give you any village point in my opinion

edited to add more of a barks read.
Me when other people do the work that confirms the direction I wanted to go in anyway
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF


Me when I quote this and see the spoilers contain woof Dubz tinfoil
Hate Reaction GIF
 
I feel like the negative results are basically useless, but I've never been in this setup and had someone get a positive result with any of the seering roles tbh :laugh:
They're not useless, they're just...

Think of them like a tracker following someone nowhere. It isn't a clear, but it does make them somewhat less likely to be that faction.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I actually moved them around a couple times as I was making the list they’re pretty close
But i feel like there’s at least some solving energy coming from beans and I don’t know that I’ve felt that from apop
Fair enough. I don't have my POE ordered, but beans moved up a little bit in my world with what I was talking about this morning about how I'm pretty confident she's at least not wolf.
 
Also oofta at my bottom half being mostly noobs and my 5 being vets but I also have to keep reminding myself that most of us are old and tired and if we’re offered a scum option may be less likely to take it
I think I'm going to be making all my reads for the rest of this game based solely on how likely I think someone is to choose to play scum
Yeet Clem
🧐
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did some math
shorty has 20 page iso which is about 16 pages of game thread
Dubz has 19 pages iso which is about 15 pages of the thread

You 2 are 36% of this game.
:laugh:
I’m low posting! I’m only 14!