Class of 2016....how ya doing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone bought books yet? My vet gave me her Dyce, but it is the 2nd edition. The newest is the 4th edition, I believe. Does the edition really matter? Has the dog evolved that much in the past 10 years?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Haven't you heard about the newest dog edition being able to poop rainbows? :confused: :laugh:

Has anyone bought books yet? My vet gave me her Dyce, but it is the 2nd edition. The newest is the 4th edition, I believe. Does the edition really matter? Has the dog evolved that much in the past 10 years?:confused:

We were pretty much told to only buy the anatomy dissection guide and the radiology book. Some people suggested histology as well... but that's for UF and our schedule. They said most of what we need is on our SCAVMA notes. Maybe ask current students.

Members don't see this ad :)
Orca... did I meet you when you were apartment hunting? (I was the one in Norwegian socks who was totally out of it after my 11 hour shift). If so, you should totally sign in my complex! It's awesome.

And I don't think vet anatomy has changed much, Thomas.... you might have to search a little more though b/c page numbers won't be the same.

I bought a few books from last year's list used on Half.com after chatting with a recent grad who was encouraging me to study anatomy this summer. I'm not burned out after my gap year so I figure I ought to try to make the first few weeks a little easier.

Orca... did I meet you when you were apartment hunting? (I was the one in Norwegian socks who was totally out of it after my 11 hour shift). If so, you should totally sign in my complex! It's awesome.

And I don't think vet anatomy has changed much, Thomas.... you might have to search a little more though b/c page numbers won't be the same.

I bought a few books from last year's list used on Half.com after chatting with a recent grad who was encouraging me to study anatomy this summer. I'm not burned out after my gap year so I figure I ought to try to make the first few weeks a little easier.

Haha. You did!!! I really did like your apartment complex and I am totally considering it. I just can't decide how far away I want to live from the school and whether or not I want roommates. It's kind of an issue really.

Put in an order for course note packets today. :thumbup:

And my mom gave me a lab coat as a graduation gift. :love: She's so excited to have a future doctor in the family. Love that lady. <3

The biggest pain will be finding the corresponding page if the teach refers to a picture on page whatever. Otherwise... well, the newest ones are in color? Some old ones are black and white, aren't they? The information should be the same though.

I would wait to get books unless you have someone in the class above you telling you what you need (and why - some people just like books and think it's worth taking out the extra loan money to get them all). I could have gone without several books I bought.

epic-fail-photos-school-of-fail-lesson-learned.png

hehe, bored before going to bed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Put in an order for course note packets today. :thumbup:
Oh hopeful, I'm going to have to stop reading your posts. Every time I see something like this I get a cold shiver and feel nauseated, convinced that I have missed some vital deadline. You're killing me girl, my old heart can not take it ;)

Ummm, I still don't know where I'm living so it's all good. I haven't even looked into books or whatnot yet.

SA-WEET!! I have my work cut out for me too in getting ready for the next 4 years. It's only June! I don't understand the rush in getting textbooks and such. Perhaps my much needed Type B personality is taking over for the summer months. :cool:

Oh hopeful, I'm going to have to stop reading your posts. Every time I see something like this I get a cold shiver and feel nauseated, convinced that I have missed some vital deadline. You're killing me girl, my old heart can not take it ;)

:laugh::laugh::laugh: CHW!!! My best friend is attending VMRCVM this fall too! And when you guys were told to register for classes, I literally had a panic attack that I missed something at Penn. Amazing...

Thanks, TT, didn't think of that. I will wait to see what the 2nd years say about books. Hopefully I won't have to spend too much...

SA-WEET!! I have my work cut out for me too in getting ready for the next 4 years. It's only June! I don't understand the rush in getting textbooks and such. Perhaps my much needed Type B personality is taking over for the summer months. :cool:

The vet students in my apartment complex keep telling me to start studying anatomy, so I ordered a few of the textbooks. Reselling them if I don't use them won't be a huge monetary hit because I got everything used.

Going to my first Penn shelter surgery day on Saturday :D:eek::cool:.

I would wait to get books unless you have someone in the class above you telling you what you need (and why - some people just like books and think it's worth taking out the extra loan money to get them all). I could have gone without several books I bought.

x2 I bought quite a few books that I really didn't need. I could have easily referenced them in the library for the little that I used them. It is definitely a good idea to talk to upperclassmen before spending $$$ on books as you will find that some books are across the board not useful while others are a definite buy! :D

x2 I bought quite a few books that I really didn't need. I could have easily referenced them in the library for the little that I used them. It is definitely a good idea to talk to upperclassmen before spending $$$ on books as you will find that some books are across the board not useful while others are a definite buy! :D
This is not about books....

OMG-Love your avatar!! Love pitties!!!

Ahaha awww, I sorry~

If it's any consolation, there's a girl on the facebook page who keeps doing the same to me. I just get the updates from her and pass along the panic... ;)

Ahaha awww, I sorry~

If it's any consolation, there's a girl on the facebook page who keeps doing the same to me. I just get the updates from her and pass along the panic... ;)
Ahh, panic. The gift that keeps on giving...:p

Just got notification that I was signed up for the 2016 email list-serve :soexcited:

I'm probably more excited than this actually deserves...

Just got notification that I was signed up for the 2016 email list-serve :soexcited:

What does that mean exactly? :confused:

What does that mean exactly? :confused:

We have one at NCSU too! It's an email data base where you can send mass emails to your classmates, ask anyone if they need a roommate, other students can send a mass email to the class of 2016. We've received information about our supplies orders, white coat ceremony, different things happening at the vet school through our list serve. Basically just a way to send mass emails to the various classes.

We have one at NCSU too! It's an email data base where you can send mass emails to your classmates, ask anyone if they need a roommate, other students can send a mass email to the class of 2016. We've received information about our supplies orders, white coat ceremony, different things happening at the vet school through our list serve. Basically just a way to send mass emails to the various classes.

This :thumbup:

The vet students in my apartment complex keep telling me to start studying anatomy, so I ordered a few of the textbooks. Reselling them if I don't use them won't be a huge monetary hit because I got everything used.

Going to my first Penn shelter surgery day on Saturday :D:eek::cool:.

Take it from a student who used to live in your apartment complex :p: DON'T! It's so inefficient without the dissection anyway. If you have to study, study biochem, or developmental, or eating, or sleeping...

Oh ok gotcha. Yeah we have that too. Blonde moment #2 today :smack:

Take it from a student who used to live in your apartment complex :p: DON'T! It's so inefficient without the dissection anyway. If you have to study, study biochem, or developmental, or eating, or sleeping...

:laugh::laugh::thumbup:

:laugh: That's what happens when you move, I get scary advice from the remaining vet students! Maybe the recent grads just wanted to laugh at me freaking out before the semester starts... lol.

I will probably just study when I want to "hang out" with my friends who are studying for Step 1. It makes them feel better when I look busy too.

Is that just the vet school listserve or something specific for just 2016ers. I'm on the general listserve, but didn't hear about anything for just our class.

This is not about books....

OMG-Love your avatar!! Love pitties!!!

Thanks :D I put it up for the current WW game, but I love pit bulls! I have one and a staffy bull. Have fostered a ton of them. And have volunteered for the past 10 yrs for a pit bull org.

Thanks :D I put it up for the current WW game, but I love pit bulls! I have one and a staffy bull. Have fostered a ton of them. And have volunteered for the past 10 yrs for a pit bull org.

I'm gonna be fostering pits and GSDs when I'm done with raising my GSD. I wanna do the CGC tests with all of them in hopes of them getting adopted more easily.

:love:

Is that just the vet school listserve or something specific for just 2016ers. I'm on the general listserve, but didn't hear about anything for just our class.
Squirrels, it is a vet shchool list serve specific to our class. You should have gotten an email sent to your osu.edu account this morning about it!

Eating - CHECK. Sleeping - CHECK. I forgot what sleep was for the longest time. :love:

:laugh: That's what happens when you move, I get scary advice from the remaining vet students! Maybe the recent grads just wanted to laugh at me freaking out before the semester starts... lol.

I will probably just study when I want to "hang out" with my friends who are studying for Step 1. It makes them feel better when I look busy too.

Don't scare me!! I was about to bust out my old Pasquini anatomy book! :eek:

My brain needs to recooperate. :oops:

Sooooooooooooo is anyone else as excited as I am to buy school supplies again and carry around a backpack?! :oops:
I might even buy like a Lisa Frank trapper keeper ;) (not really a fan of rainbow vomit colors, so nevermind on the Lisa Frank thing).

Maybe its just because I've been out of school so long. I have a thing for school/office supplies :laugh:

Sooooooooooooo is anyone else as excited as I am to buy school supplies again and carry around a backpack?! :oops:
I might even buy like a Lisa Frank trapper keeper ;) (not really a fan of rainbow vomit colors, so nevermind on the Lisa Frank thing).

Maybe its just because I've been out of school so long. I have a thing for school/office supplies :laugh:

:thumbup: :nod: SO excited to buy all my shiz (minus the part about it costing money that is)

I already bought pens and highlights for notes!!

I also just had my last day of work today!!! Ah! Vet school suddenly became that much more of a reality!

Yes! Kind of. I got a planner with gel pens to color co-ordinate my schedule and I'm excited to get a backpack and vet supplies (like a stethoscope!). I'm surprised that I really DON'T want a new laptop. I think it's because I never studied off of a laptop and the idea of having to learn to is.... not fun.

I also keep freaking myself out because I will look through some of the textbooks I have and am like "They really expect me to learn ALL OF THIS?!?!":eek:

I am super excited. Buying everything for my apartment and school has been fun. I can't wait to get started. Only 35 more days of work :thumbup:

I'm super excited! Can't wait to get a planner and a giant pack of colorful sharpies to organize everything with. Haha.

I want to go shopping for my apartment but since I don't have one yet...it's kind of hard.

I am super excited. Buying everything for my apartment and:thumbup: school has been fun. I can't wait to get started.

Definitely!

Our entire science center at my undergrad had whiteboard walls that I used to study, so I'm trying to decoratively paint my apartment with whiteboard paint. It may end up ugly, but at least it will be fun!

Definitely!

Our entire science center at my undergrad had whiteboard walls that I used to study, so I'm trying to decoratively paint my apartment with whiteboard paint. It may end up ugly, but at least it will be fun!

I LOVE whiteboard paint! I have a strange obsession with chalkboard paint as well!!

I love chalkboard paint. I really wanna paint our dining room table with it. Or a board in the kitchen to leave notes for everyone.

Whiteboard paint?? I haven't heard of this! It's brilliant!

I'm heard of chalkboards, but I like whiteboards better.

I love chalkboard paint. I really wanna paint our dining room table with it. Or a board in the kitchen to leave notes for everyone.

I always liked the pictures of the pantry doors painted with it. Used for grocery list and other notes. SO cute.

We did this to a wall in our dining room in college:
View attachment ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1339194240.248525.jpg

It was perfect for writing bills that were due/how much etc (put cork board around it so people could stick their checks there and other stuff

AND the best use of it was for keeping score for beer pong and of course our bucket list before graduation :)

We did this to a wall in our dining room in college:
View attachment 19873

It was perfect for writing bills that were due/how much etc (put cork board around it so people could stick their checks there and other stuff

AND the best use of it was for keeping score for beer pong and of course our bucket list before graduation :)

This bucket list looks fun. I want to go back in time and partake in it. Hahaha.

That's a great idea! I'll have to see how everything looks when we move in and then where the best spot to put it would be. I'll post pictures when we get there!