You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Class of 2017.... how you doin?
Started by Abnerrs
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
This thread made me smile. 😀
Congrats to the class of 2017!!!
This time next year, you will be pulling your hair out over exams...
Congrats to the class of 2017!!!
This time next year, you will be pulling your hair out over exams...

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This post makes me excited to start school! Even though I have little motivation to finish the school I'm still in! Anyone else having this problem? 

This post makes me excited to start school! Even though I have little motivation to finish the school I'm still in! Anyone else having this problem?![]()
Yeeesssss
This time next year, you will be pulling your hair out over exams...![]()


This thread made me smile. 😀
Congrats to the class of 2017!!!
This time next year, you will be pulling your hair out over exams...![]()
But now I get the chance! 😀
😍 I remember being so excited! 😍
But now I get the chance! 😀
Hold onto that optimism as long as you possibly can 😉
Very happy for you! You're allowed a naive period, so I'll try and respect that... I was there once too. 😉
But now I get the chance! 😀
Yes, you do!!! 😀 😀 😀 Very happy for you!! 😀
Hold onto that optimism as long as you possibly can 😉
Very happy for you! You're allowed a naive period, so I'll try and respect that... I was there once too. 😉
My best friend has already told me, an annoying number of times, that I can never truly prepare myself for how hard it is. So I told her to just stfu up then if I won't understand until I get there. 😛 lol
You guys are harshing my mellow 

My best friend has already told me, an annoying number of times, that I can never truly prepare myself for how hard it is. So I told her to just stfu up then if I won't understand until I get there. 😛 lol
and I will do the same. It annoyed me when people acted this pessimistic for us last year so I'll just stfu and be happy for you 😀
You're gonna love it!!!!
Aww no, I mean it's definitely really hard, but if you want to be a vet you have to do it! No need to be down about it. People should be excited. 😀
and I will do the same.
It annoyed me when people acted this pessimistic for us last year so I'll just stfu and be happy for you 😀
You're gonna love it!!!!![]()
I lurve you guys! Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This may or may not be needed yet, but I'm totally making this thread because I'm PART OF THE CLASS OF 2017!!!!!![]()
👍
I can dig it.
The last thing one of the doctors at work told me was, "Don't let them get you down," in reference to the difficult of vet school. I'll never forget it.
Oh you guyssss. Vet school isn't that bad! Yes, it is a lot of work and can be emotionally and physically challenging sometimes, but I am enjoying the experience. I wouldn't say it's "hard", it's just getting to know you- how do you study best, what amount of sleep is optimal, how much "away" time you need (not want), learning how to take care of yourself, and learning when to admit defeat and ask for help from your professors or classmates. Once you get all that straightened out, it just becomes a daily routine that you will quickly fall into. Study, study, study!
Good luck to 2017! I met some MSUCVM 2017'ers yesterday🙂.
Good luck to 2017! I met some MSUCVM 2017'ers yesterday🙂.
this thread existing makes s*** seem real.
this thread existing makes s*** seem real.
**** is totally real, friend! Lol
So I told her to just stfu
👍
Lol. Way to not to let her rain on your parade. Celebrate now; we'll deal with the hard stuff later!
Yayy class of 2017!!
Woo woo!!! Never thought I'd be able to post on here!!! Congrats everyone!!!
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
And I still can't post on here because NC State takes FOREVER to make decisions for IS applicants. So, this is me not posting yet.

I hope all of you are drinking tasty beverages, eating chocolate, sleeping in, enjoying the outdoors, spending time with your furry and/or naked skinned family and hugging in excess!!! Soak up the good life and start worrying about vet school roughly 1 day before it starts 😀
Enjoy your happy time before school and revel in your accomplishment. You deserve it!!!! I'm over the moon for all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Enjoy your happy time before school and revel in your accomplishment. You deserve it!!!! I'm over the moon for all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Last edited:
It's only been a week and a half since I got my acceptance and I've already got the feeling that its a mistake. I'm so worried that I won't be smart enough and that my skills won't be as good as everyone else's going in.
No no no. Don't think like that!
seeing the previous year's class who was all excited be all cynical is my favorite part of every year now. 
seeing the previous year's class who was all excited be all cynical is my favorite part of every year now.![]()
I thought about that as I was reading the comments!

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
seeing the previous year's class who was all excited be all cynical is my favorite part of every year now.![]()
I have no doubt

It's only been a week and a half since I got my acceptance and I've already got the feeling that its a mistake. I'm so worried that I won't be smart enough and that my skills won't be as good as everyone else's going in.
And hedge, everyone has the imposter syndrome. Not sure it ever goes away, but eventually you no longer have time to think about it lol.
So....I've totally been trying to casually work into every conversation the fact that I've gotten into vet school. "Yeah. Well I won't be here in 6 months. Why? Oh you know, I've just been accepted to vet school so I have to move."
I'm such an idiot.
I'm such an idiot.Congratulations to those of you already accepted!
I do find it weird to ask "how you're doing?" when you haven't even experienced the reality of 2nd or 3rd year because you guys will be totally alright for at least another year. Enjoy your freedom and congrats again!
I do find it weird to ask "how you're doing?" when you haven't even experienced the reality of 2nd or 3rd year because you guys will be totally alright for at least another year. Enjoy your freedom and congrats again!
Congratulations to those of you already accepted!
I do find it weird to ask "how you're doing?" when you haven't even experienced the reality of 2nd or 3rd year because you guys will be totally alright for at least another year. Enjoy your freedom and congrats again!
Except that people can be stressed if they have to choose which school. Or where they're going to live. Out worrying about finances. And I have heard first year is really tough. So I don't think it's weird at all. Plus I was keeping in the vein of previous threads. So... 😛
Sooooo excited to post on here!!!! This has been such a log process I'm so glad it's over! Proud to be a member of the University of Minnesota Class of 2017! Go Gophers!!!!
Except that people can be stressed if they have to choose which school. Or where they're going to live. Out worrying about finances. And I have heard first year is really tough. So I don't think it's weird at all. Plus I was keeping in the vein of previous threads. So... 😛
THIS SO MUCH. I am already stressing out about having to choose (though I am still anxiously waiting to hear from my IS school, VMRCVM).
Its been a month since my acceptance and I feel the EXACT same way.... I am petrified I am not good enough and will fail out first year 8( I feel like the adcoms had to have made a mistake lolIt's only been a week and a half since I got my acceptance and I've already got the feeling that its a mistake. I'm so worried that I won't be smart enough and that my skills won't be as good as everyone else's going in.
Its been a month since my acceptance and I feel the EXACT same way.... I am petrified I am not good enough and will fail out first year 8( I feel like the adcoms had to have made a mistake lol
It's been one day, and I feel the exact same ><
Except that people can be stressed if they have to choose which school. Or where they're going to live. Out worrying about finances. And I have heard first year is really tough. So I don't think it's weird at all. Plus I was keeping in the vein of previous threads. So... 😛
No doubt there are stresses, but getting to choose a school is much better than having no choice, right? Congrats if that's the case for you. Wasn't trying to harsh your mellows. Stoked for all of you!
THIS SO MUCH. I am already stressing out about having to choose (though I am still anxiously waiting to hear from my IS school, VMRCVM).
I really really hope I have a decision to make...it still doesn't feel real that I'm a 2017-er since I don't know where I'm going for sure yet.
It's only been a week and a half since I got my acceptance and I've already got the feeling that its a mistake. I'm so worried that I won't be smart enough and that my skills won't be as good as everyone else's going in.
Yeah...I still feel this way at times. And considering how I was accepted, I feel like it makes me wonder more than others at times.
Try not to let it stress you out too much though. Everyone comes in with a different skill set. I have friends who have teched for years and others who have never drawn blood. You'll all be taught it from the ground up, so in the end it really doesn't matter.
I really really hope I have a decision to make...it still doesn't feel real that I'm a 2017-er since I don't know where I'm going for sure yet.
Yes, I totally know what you mean since we don't know where we are going yet and it is really frustrating me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations to those of you already accepted!
I do find it weird to ask "how you're doing?" when you haven't even experienced the reality of 2nd or 3rd year because you guys will be totally alright for at least another year. Enjoy your freedom and congrats again!
I would rather repeat 2nd year 100000x time than repeat 1st year even once. I'd even repeat 3rd year instead of 1st year. So maybe the above is true of your school, but definitely not all of them.
I do think this thread is a teensy bit early, but hey, knock yourselves out haha.
No doubt there are stresses, but getting to choose a school is much better than having no choice, right? Congrats if that's the case for you. Wasn't trying to harsh your mellows. Stoked for all of you!
Eh. No worries. 🙂 I was just super duper excited lol
I really really hope I have a decision to make...it still doesn't feel real that I'm a 2017-er since I don't know where I'm going for sure yet.
I HOOOPE you are coming to MIZZZZZOU with me!!!! You too RAINHEART!!!!
Y'all I'm so pumped to be heading to the ZOU this fall!!! Whoop whoop!! Lol
( end school girlish excitement lol)
Congrats to all of you who are the part of the class of 2017! Overall I'd say I'm enjoying vet school and would do it again if we went back in time. I definitely would have enjoyed the summer more than I did, though. You guys will be fine, no negative thoughts. It is a ton of work, but doable.
I'd tell you to go out and enjoy your last little bit of freedom, but I know you won't listen.
I'd tell you to go out and enjoy your last little bit of freedom, but I know you won't listen.
I HOOOPE you are coming to MIZZZZZOU with me!!!! You too RAINHEART!!!!
Y'all I'm so pumped to be heading to the ZOU this fall!!! Whoop whoop!! Lol
( end school girlish excitement lol)
AHHHH!! Yes, we shall see!! I am leaning more towards Mizzou at this point right now 😀

