Class of 2017.... how you doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am just so ppfffftt about everything now. I'm like "screw classes, screw my jobs, screw worrying about anything". Trying to stave off that attitude for as long as possible...

I got my acceptance Monday at 5 pm, just as i was about to start studying for my exams Tuesday and Wednesday. I wasn't expecting to hear anything for another two weeks. Needless to say, studying definitely didn't happen.

Members don't see this ad.

I put myself to sleep every night going...

K-State, Florida? No K-State, K-State, Florida, yeah Florida, but K-State, Florida, K-State, K-State? No Florida, K-State, Florida but K-State.

:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yah I have a biochem exam tomorrow... Have barely cracked the book!!! Haha! No motivation anymore!!! Hehe! Trying to save my brain power for the next 4 years!

I put myself to sleep every night going...

K-State, Florida? No K-State, K-State, Florida, yeah Florida, but K-State, Florida, K-State, K-State? No Florida, K-State, Florida but K-State.

:scared:

I have to say, as someone who despised the University of Florida and wanted to go ANYWHERE but here, I'm glad I made the choice I did financially. I can't even imagine paying that much more for the same degree. But that's just my opinion as someone who hates spending money.

Yah I have a biochem exam tomorrow... Have barely cracked the book!!! Haha! No motivation anymore!!! Hehe! Trying to save my brain power for the next 4 years!

Physics tomorrow am. I feel ya!

I have sooooo much more info on Mizzou than LSU. Difficult decision! Luckily I still have time, so I don't have to stress so hard.

I have sooooo much more info on Mizzou than LSU. Difficult decision! Luckily I still have time, so I don't have to stress so hard.

Come to MIZZOUUUU!! All the cool kids are going.

Hahahaha, yeah, the cool kids. I don't think I've ever been labeled a cool kid before. Thanks for the laugh. :laugh:

Omg, for real though, Mizzou is gonna be rocking with the best SDN has to offer!! :cool: other than the coolest class ever, it is an incredible school, and if you gain residency it will be manageable financially.

Omg, for real though, Mizzou is gonna be rocking with the best SDN has to offer!! :cool: other than the coolest class ever, it is an incredible school, and if you gain residency it will be manageable financially.

Yay Mizzou! I kinda feel like a traitor, since I'm from IL and grew up an Illini fan. But I could not be more excited to be going to Mizzou.

Yay Mizzou! I kinda feel like a traitor, since I'm from IL and grew up an Illini fan. But I could not be more excited to be going to Mizzou.

yaaay! very excited for more Mizzou Tigers!!! We are gonna have a kick butt class!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
anxiety sucks :(

Yes it does.

I'm currently getting anxious that I won't make any good friends in vet school. I'm...shall we say unusual? I get along pretty well with everyone, but there are very few people I really click with. For example, at my high school of 2500, there were maybe four people who I was sort-of friends with, and at my undergrad school of 3,000, there were only about 10 people per year I was really friends with - and I spent time with people in lots of majors, clubs, and different dorms, as well as lots of friends of friends, trying to find more people I got on well with. In a class of ~140, the odds are pretty good that there won't be anyone I'll click with, or that the one or two people I would are too busy/have other friends and thus will not have time for me. I'm not antisocial, or particularly shy. I have lots and lots of "friendly aquaintances" in pretty much every setting I've ever been in. I just don't find many people who become good friends.

Plus, I do/enjoy/find important several things that people on this forum seem to find annoying/angering/off-putting. I can only assume that these things will annoy/anger/put off a lot of my classmates as well.

I'm getting worried that I will have to get through vet school without a social support network.:scared:

Yes it does.

I'm currently getting anxious that I won't make any good friends in vet school. I'm...shall we say unusual? I get along pretty well with everyone, but there are very few people I really click with. For example, at my high school of 2500, there were maybe four people who I was sort-of friends with, and at my undergrad school of 3,000, there were only about 10 people per year I was really friends with - and I spent time with people in lots of majors, clubs, and different dorms, as well as lots of friends of friends, trying to find more people I got on well with. In a class of ~140, the odds are pretty good that there won't be anyone I'll click with, or that the one or two people I would are too busy/have other friends and thus will not have time for me. I'm not antisocial, or particularly shy. I have lots and lots of "friendly aquaintances" in pretty much every setting I've ever been in. I just don't find many people who become good friends.

Plus, I do/enjoy/find important several things that people on this forum seem to find annoying/angering/off-putting. I can only assume that these things will annoy/anger/put off a lot of my classmates as well.

I'm getting worried that I will have to get through vet school without a social support network.:scared:

I have similar problems with the whole getting good friends thing. Lots of casual friends and people I'm friendly with, but really haven't had a best friend or good friend group since high school when there were a few golden years when I sort of had too many best friends, but that was a direct side effect of being involved in too many extra curricular activities. The best friends I seem to get these days are work friends, and it's always awkward trying to hang out with work friends outside of work... I find you suddenly don't have much in common. Whenever I did find potential good friends in college, they always seemed to already have an established social group, and I found joining a group didn't go well. So I bounced around from group to group, but mostly ended up keeping to myself. Lonely :( I blame the fact that I wasted the first week or two of my freshman year (arguably the most valuable friend making time) trying to build a friendship with a fellow prevetter who bailed on me to join the equestrian team. Never talked to her much after that.

I guess I can say that I'm doing pretty dang well, now that I'm officially a part of the class of 2017! It's hard to believe, this is the best day of my life. Years and years of hard work have finally payed off!!

Listen. When would be an appropriate time to change my status to veterinary student? This is important. I don't want to jump the gun.

Yes it does.

wow, I thought I was the only one that felt this way. i have a very few people I consider real friends (like 3 people)... I feel like I just get along with people on the surface and I don't develop any further connection with them. The best way I can explain my relationship with people is that I am an INTJ type according to the Myers Briggs test. But I guess we'll see how it goes... >___>

Listen. When would be an appropriate time to change my status to veterinary student? This is important. I don't want to jump the gun.

I've wondered about this too.

When you become a veterinary student. ie when you understand/experience the hell and joy it is to be a veterinary student.

I intend to change mine approximately 30 seconds after I get my blue coat. :D

Use the search function. There's a huge thread about it somewhere. :smuggrin:

Wow. Seems to me like they made a big deal outta a whole lotta NOTHIN'.
Well, as a vet student now, I can see where electrophile was coming from. But I wouldn't make a PSA about it..

That thread makes me want to change my status now out of spite. :rolleyes:

Well, as a vet student now, I can see where electrophile was coming from. But I wouldn't make a PSA about it..

Even as a vet student now... I am just not bothered by someone else's status on an internet forum... I find it to be very superficial IMO... anyone can claim to be something they are not on here and if some of the members who are excited to be incoming vet students want to celebrate that early by an early status change... then let them have fun with it... it does no harm to anyone.

Even as a vet student now... I am just not bothered by someone else's status on an internet forum... I find it to be very superficial IMO... anyone can claim to be something they are not on here and if some of the members who are excited to be incoming vet students want to celebrate that early by an early status change... then let them have fun with it... it does no harm to anyone.

:thumbup:

Such a petty thing to start a ruckus over; the mild entertainment value was the best thing to come out of that thread.

I agree...was just saying that I can see her point. And was just giving Abney a hard time...not that I have anything against her! hah

Oh. My. Stars. I just read that entire thread. It was so ridiculous. That anyone would care that much, or at all!!!! is beyond me. I don't really know what will change at that much in 6 months other than I will have moved and be one week max. into classes.

Anyway, it was mostly a joke. I didn't really plan on changing my status (though I kind of agree on the spite thing lol) I'm just super, duper excited that after 3 long years of applying I'll finally be starting!

And you can make pick on me! I can take it! (don't mind these tears...they're allergies....lol :p)

I was expecting to hear from my IS today. Nothing. A girl who lives one county over from me got her acceptance today. Hoping I get the mail tomorrow and am accepted because the tuition difference is SO huge between my love, Auburn, and my IS.

I made it about half way through the 2nd page and couldn't stand to read anymore lol

Oh. My. Stars. I just read that entire thread. It was so ridiculous. That anyone would care that much, or at all!!!! is beyond me. I don't really know what will change at that much in 6 months other than I will have moved and be one week max. into classes.

Anyway, it was mostly a joke. I didn't really plan on changing my status (though I kind of agree on the spite thing lol) I'm just super, duper excited that after 3 long years of applying I'll finally be starting!

And you can make pick on me! I can take it! (don't mind these tears...they're allergies....lol :p)

I didn't change mine until the first day of classes simply for myself. Who cares what other people do on a forum? :rolleyes:
I waited bc I wanted it to be exciting the morning of :oops:

Just be glad the thread was closed; no telling how long that would have gone on for otherwise.

It was so silly. I can only imagine the flack I'd get for starting this thread (admittedly early, I said as much in my first post lol) if "Poster Who Shall Not Be Named" saw it. :laugh:

I didn't change mine until the first day of classes simply for myself. Who cares what other people do on a forum? :rolleyes:
I waited bc I wanted it to be exciting the morning of :oops:

I kind of thought I'd change it around when I have to go to the orientation camp because then things are getting really real :oops:

I kind of thought I'd change it around when I have to go to the orientation camp because then things are getting really real :oops:

Yeah, I'm most likely going abroad and so I figured I would change it when I move over there, which probably won't even be more than a week before classes start. Just because, you know, I'll be in a whole different country for the sole purpose of being a veterinary student! I hope that's ok. :)

Yeah, I'm most likely going abroad and so I figured I would change it when I move over there, which probably won't even be more than a week before classes start. Just because, you know, I'll be in a whole different country for the sole purpose of being a veterinary student! I hope that's ok. :)

I don't know, it might be "confusing" if you post any advice in that week :rolleyes:

I don't know, it might be "confusing" if you post any advice in that week :rolleyes:

That's true. Maybe I will just have to stay silent that week. But come the first day of class I'm layin' out all of my advice for everybody to see because I will obviously be a million times more knowledgeable on that day than I ever was before. ;)

That's true. Maybe I will just have to stay silent that week. But come the first day of class I'm layin' out all of my advice for everybody to see because I will obviously be a million times more knowledgeable on that day than I ever was before. ;)

Clearly

Absolutely not. The vet school gods will smite you with their...uhm?...