This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justtryinghere010101

I am
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to strengthen my application for medical school and was looking into programs that will help me do that. I came across Georgetown University's
Clinical Quality, Safety, and Leadership Executive Master's program.
I wanted to know if this seems like a program that will strengthen my application and will actually look good to medical schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would say no. what exactly are you trying to strengthen? GPA? Volunteering?

I'm planning to strengthen my application for medical school and was looking into programs that will help me do that. I came across Georgetown University's
Clinical Quality, Safety, and Leadership Executive Master's program.
I wanted to know if this seems like a program that will strengthen my application and will actually look good to medical schools?
Only if you want to go into Hospital Administration. And God knows we need more Hospital administrators.
/sarcasm

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
No. However, this is the type of degree more mature/experienced physicians
persue in order to assume leadership positions within a large hospital medical staff, generally in an employee or, perhaps,( less commonly) independent contractor role.
Titles are usually things like chief medical officer or director of physician quality. Folks usually do this when they want to back away from clinical medicine after years of practice. It is not the same as a masters in hospital administration. However, with this kind of position you would work very closely with the admin and these folks are often kind of a medical staff “cop”. But, you certainly must work for and with the medical staff so you do not retain that impression with your fellow physicians. Nevertheless, there will always be some docs who will be convinced you have crossed over to the dark side.

Reactions: 1 user
Why would you do this program? What needs fixing?
Not fixing, per se. I wish to show that I continued my education during my gap year and kept up with my studies for medical school. And of course, it wouldn't hurt to boost up the GPA.

Not fixing, per se. I wish to show that I continued my education during my gap year and kept up with my studies for medical school. And of course, it wouldn't hurt to boost up the GPA.

A Masters Degree won’t help your GPA for MD schools. It doesn’t impact your uGPA at all. It might for DO but what you are proposing isn’t scientifically based at all so I’m not sure how ADCOMS would actually view it.