Clinical Rotations/Electives at hospitals that don't require Core Rotations to be completed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

adrenergic91

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm an Eastern European medical student looking to do a couple of elective rotations this coming summer. I've spent the last month or so looking at every medical school in the US in order to do these rotations, and every single one that accepts international students requires that you have your "core rotations" (which they define as IM, FM, Peds, Surgery, Psychiatry, and OBGYN) complete before applying.

Unfortunately, the curriculum at my school is drastically different, and I won't be finishing some of these rotations until the end of my final year.

Are there any US Teaching hospitals that you know of that accept students regardless of core elective status?