Clue WW Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am not sure how amazing of a host I would be between studying for finals and the occasional night at the pub, but I will throw my name out there.

I can't guarantee I will not be drunk at some point during this WW game. :laugh:

yes I must keep earning my reputation as SDN drunk :hungover:

You know what is fun? Co-modding drunk. That was highly entertaining for me, probably not so much for SOV's sanity.

Members don't see this ad.

The boys are manly. They must make sure everyone knows in every game :laugh:

Apparently it needs to be said, because otherwise people wouldn't know.. Are they really that manly then? :smuggrin:

Sorry guys for a the stupid questions, since I really haven't paid attention to any of the games (and the only one I was in I had the rules all confused and imploded after a couple days). So what's the big deal about being the host? I get that they can veto one vote, but is that it? What's the advantage of being a host. And strategically speaking, what are we looking for in a host?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not sure how amazing of a host I would be between studying for finals and the occasional night at the pub, but I will throw my name out there.

I can't guarantee I will not be drunk at some point during this WW game. :laugh:

yes I must keep earning my reputation as SDN drunk :hungover:

You may thank me for that :D

I just woke up and already we are talking about whiskey waffles. Excellent!

******************* boo to these stars

Apparently it needs to be said, because otherwise people wouldn't know.. Are they really that manly then? :smuggrin:
If they were manly enough, wouldn't we know without them telling us...? :rolleyes:

[YOUTUBE]0lUjhEHlh7s[/YOUTUBE]

Sorry guys for a the stupid questions, since I really haven't paid attention to any of the games (and the only one I was in I had the rules all confused and imploded after a couple days). So what's the big deal about being the host? I get that they can veto one vote, but is that it? What's the advantage of being a host. And strategically speaking, what are we looking for in a host?

People like to feel special.. :D

sheep_with_tie_by_xwolfpackleaderx-d32s0qu.png

I was just trying to be helpful and now I have gotten the manhood of all male pre-vet SDNers questioned

robin+hood+-+men+in+tights+-+we+may+look+like+pansies.bmp

As a newbie who's watched a few games, we basically want someone who's not on the side of evil. Since they can veto a lynch, they can be a deciding factor on which side wins. Strategically, I dunno. Someone who's played before and has ways of figuring out who they can trust, I guess. They're usually good conversion targets.

And I see devyn has put in a bid. Should I flipflop my vote to a group mate or not? Hmm... :confused:

Bahaha Sheepie I beat you to posting that movie song.

Why the daring excitement of being a leader! With the continued anxiety of being stabbed in the back and a constant target for nightime killings, who wouldn't want to be host :smuggrin::laugh:

but in all seriousness, someone who a) won't be a wolf b) will be active in strategizing who is a wolf and c) (IMHO) someone who will be on here posting a lot :D

Members don't see this ad :)
elect sheepdog- I think he would good for the job.

How does everyone feel about disclosing items? Good idea or not? I feel like the villagers (or Mansion guests in this game) tend to do better the more open they are. What do you guys think- disclose after you lose it?

Ok for all the new people just to get this out of the way:

Myself, LIS, SOV, AKDream = male

Everyone else = female

unless any sexual conversions have taken place this should be accurate

I knew you four, I just didn't know if there were any more I hadn't seen. :laugh:

elect nstarz

I'd run for host, but I work evvvvvery day 12-7 or 8 cst and it's always iffy whether I can get on here during work or not. I'd hate to miss a veto due to an emergency Bordatella vaccination! :laugh:

elect sheepdog- I think he would good for the job.

How does everyone feel about disclosing items? Good idea or not? I feel like the villagers (or Mansion guests in this game) tend to do better the more open they are. What do you guys think- disclose after you lose it?

I think it'd depend on the item, tbh. Items like the Post Pad are kind of obvious, but I think other items (protection, seering, etc) would probably be safer for the Mansion guests to wait to disclose until they've lost it so it makes them less of a target (unless they're needing to confirm a claimed item exists).

I think it'd depend on the item, tbh. Items like the Post Pad are kind of obvious, but I think other items (protection, seering, etc) would probably be safer for the Mansion guests to wait to disclose until they've lost it so it makes them less of a target (unless they're needing to confirm a claimed item exists).
I agree. I was thinking that once you lose an item, it would benefit everyone to know what's floating around.

Elect NStarz

PS: I am female in case anyone needed to know.

I agree. It's probably too risky to say you have an item at the moment unless it's pretty important.

elect me!!! (Packen)

My platform stands on cases of delicious Scotch Whisky and giant talking tacos that sometimes crap ice cream. (Another SP reference ;) ) Plus to sling mud at my opponent, he promised me a flying pony that NEVER arrived. I ask you, is this the person you want as your host :p

And by at the moment, I mean in the thread at a time when you actually have an item.

Current Vote Tally:

NStarz 6 (Katie8, akdream, wldlfkda;f, NStarz, Nordicat, hintofblue)

Sheepdog 5 (jjohnston, ffsushi, sheepie, cuitlakeard, lissarae06)

Packen 3 (nohika, ivorypolarbear, packen)

Feel free to start sending night time activities. Maybe we can close night early if I get everything in, if not I will post a night deadline after the elections.

DISCLAIMER: Send your PMs to BOTH myself and krist. If you don't the game may not move forward or you risk the rath of the RNG.

Just wanted to throw in my agreement as well. Disclosing items while you have them could make you a wolf target, so I think it's best to keep quiet until you lose an item. The only exception is if you have an investigative item and someone you know is innocent is up for the lynch - then I think it's important to speak up to save that person, even if you still have the item. You could probably ask for protection for a night or two until you lost it.

google sheep bahahaha and it gives you this demonic sheep. Too bad I couldn't convey that on here but it would have been awesome

LOL.

Now I am going to think sheepie talks like that. :smuggrin:

Just wanted to throw in my agreement as well. Disclosing items while you have them could make you a wolf target, so I think it's best to keep quiet until you lose an item. The only exception is if you have an investigative item and someone you know is innocent is up for the lynch - then I think it's important to speak up to save that person, even if you still have the item. You could probably ask for protection for a night or two until you lost it.

If there is someone you trust, you can also try to communicate to them to get the word out without risking yourself.

I get the strange feeling TW is going to lead the thread in posts even though she isn't in the game :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile

I believe one time devyn and I both led for LOTR even though we were both dead.

a) won't be a wolf b) will be active in strategizing who is a wolf and c) (IMHO) someone who will be on here posting a lot :D

So given that all the contenders are talkers and experienced, it's essentially a popularity contest.

elect me!!! (Packen)

My platform stands on cases of delicious Scotch Whisky and giant talking tacos that sometimes crap ice cream. (Another SP reference ;) ) Plus to sling mud at my opponent, he promised me a flying pony that NEVER arrived. I ask you, is this the person you want as your host :p

In that case, I'll go for the underdog. Elect Packen. In return for my vote, you better keep up the SP references, you turd sandwich.

So given that all the contenders are talkers and experienced, it's essentially a popularity contest.

In that case, I'll go for the underdog. Elect Packen. In return for my vote, you better keep up the SP references, you turd sandwich.

Lol. :laugh: But I come with free kittens!!!

The hard part seems to be finding someone to trust.

Nah, the way you do that is to investigate a person you can PM with (ie, someone in your group. If they are clear, you should be able to trust them. That's what NStarz and I were working on before we both got killed in the history ww game.

Plus to sling mud at my opponent, he promised me a flying pony that NEVER arrived. I ask you, is this the person you want as your host :p

What? You never got your pony. Maybe it flew away, next time don't ask for a flying pony, just go for the one that shoots rainbows out its ***** ;)

Nah, the way you do that is to investigate a person you can PM with (ie, someone in your group. If they are clear, you should be able to trust them. That's what NStarz and I were working on before we both got killed in the history ww game.

That was an epic fail. We would have been so kick-a**.

Elect Sheepdogpsu

Feel like I owe it to you since I can't stop myself from saying Sheepdog's poo (with a hearty chuckle)everytime I see you post. Sorry!

388570.jpg

Anything for my loyal constituents!! As you can plainly see, I am the better choice here! I have an olive hat and everything :cool:

oh stay the hellz away from me! no way i would ever vote for you if you're threatening to unload more unwanted cats on me.

Lol. For some reason, we actually haven't been inundated yet at my shelter. :xf: to the hope that our TNR efforts are working.

PS. That promise usually works with people outside of this profession/the shelter industry...

elect me!!! (Packen)

You had me at hello..... (or was that whiskey) - either way

elect packen