Clue WW Official Game Thread

Started by DVMDream
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whooaa no deaths this early in the game = conversion?! Or blocked attack? Was the lounge protected last night and perhaps the wolves attempted a kill on someone in that group? And YAY for IPB being back!!! Kuddos to whoever did that 🙂
Oh god I have no idea!!!!!!! Hoping for protection and not conversion... :xf:
I was thinking, "hmm...lounge blocked off, no one died...killer in the lounge!" but then realized that makes absolutely NO sense. :bang:
 
Minner - usually the wolves can only choose one option, attack or convert. So when no one dies in a night, a conversion is always possible.

Just FYI, this wasn't the case in the last few games I've played in - both times it was one specific wolf's ability to convert, and they could just have somebody else attack. I'm thinking the way it was worded it probably was a protection thing here.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh god I have no idea!!!!!!! Hoping for protection and not conversion... :xf:
I was thinking, "hmm...lounge blocked off, no one died...killer in the lounge!" but then realized that makes absolutely NO sense. :bang:

It could though. Some ww games have 1 person as the "attacker" out of the wolves to determine if some actions happen or not.
 
Actually I think it is probably very likely that there was a conversion. The wolves usually are only allowed to convert every other night or every 3rd night - depending on the game. Our first 2 nights we had kills and one wolf is already dead. The wolves would have been stupid not to convert if they had the option since they are down a wolf.
 
I was attacked, I got a PM from DVM after I posted previously about not knowing anything. It didn't say anything about items so I am guessing it was a wolf attack.
 
Actually I think it is probably very likely that there was a conversion. The wolves usually are only allowed to convert every other night or every 3rd night - depending on the game. Our first 2 nights we had kills and one wolf is already dead. The wolves would have been stupid not to convert if they had the option since they are down a wolf.

Unless they can only convert once - that was the case in LoTR at the beginning. (we got an extra conversion in that game because of squirrelgate but originally only had one shot at conversion the whole game)
 
I was attacked, I got a PM from DVM after I posted previously about not knowing anything. It didn't say anything about items so I am guessing it was a wolf attack.


No, it wasn't a wolf attack. It was me. I was just trying to use the silencer (Rope) and my cousin chose you (sorry, letting a 14 yr old girl be my RNG). I was basically going to move you to the conservatory, but it was blocked.
 
Yay! Welcome back IPB!!!! 😀

Yeah the lounge thing is definitely strange especially since DVM said it was a good thing that no one could get in or out. That to me makes me think there is evil in the lounge. Just a thought.

And with no kills there was either a blocked attack or a conversion.
Thanks for the warm welcomes, guys, it's good to lose those **** 🙂

I have to catch up on the thread starting from when I died, but this lounge thing is very intriguing. Did we ever figure out what all the items are/can do? Expect strategy when I've caught up!
 
It could though. Some ww games have 1 person as the "attacker" out of the wolves to determine if some actions happen or not.
Yeah, I just realized that and was discussing w/my group thru PM about that. I've never been a wolf in a full game (just one speed game!), so I have no idea how the wolves choose their kill. I remember one of the games had a "lead" wolf, kind of like how the villagers have a leader/mayor.
 
Can you elaborate on that? What do you mean by an "attacker' who determines if some action happens or not?

Sometimes the mod will have the wolves chose one member to be the attacker or lead on an attack. Then if the person has some sort of protective mechanism or retaliation that needs a target, you have one without a RNG
 
No, it wasn't a wolf attack. It was me. I was just trying to use the silencer (Rope) and my cousin chose you (sorry, letting a 14 yr old girl be my RNG). I was basically going to move you to the conservatory, but it was blocked.

No it was a wolf attack, I was attacked twice
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
An speaking of items, I had the candlestick for 2 nights, and I was just told that I lost it. I can corroborate jjohnston's description of what it does. It illuminates a room so you can see what happens in it. Unfortunately, I don't know what information you can actually glean from it because I picked rooms two nights in a row where n-o-t-h-i-n-g happened. Whoever has it next, if you get a room with action, please tell us what you did see. I picked my own room (conservatory) last night, and the study tonight. I figured with 5 people in the study, we had a better luck of catching something happening... I really really wish I'd used it on the lounge

wldfstdnt, did you lose your rope too? Since we didn't hear anything about items last night, I'm thinking that everyone lost their items after the first night, but then the next person got to keep the item for two nights.

(wldfstdnt, i need to remember that as wild-f***-student to be able to type that out without looking for every letter)
 
I know there's a protective item out there - the Lead Pipe. But it can only protect one person at a time. I'm thinking protecting the room may be a role of some sort? Maybe it's an item or a role that prevents anything from happening in the room (thus the lockdown)?
 
I know there's a protective item out there - the Lead Pipe. But it can only protect one person at a time. I'm thinking protecting the room may be a role of some sort? Maybe it's an item or a role that prevents anything from happening in the room (thus the lockdown)?
I can confirm about the lead pipe. I had it last night. I don't have it anymore though. Hopefully whoever has it protects IPB!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
An speaking of items, I had the candlestick for 2 nights, and I was just told that I lost it. I can corroborate jjohnston's description of what it does. It illuminates a room so you can see what happens in it. Unfortunately, I don't know what information you can actually glean from it because I picked rooms two nights in a row where n-o-t-h-i-n-g happened. Whoever has it next, if you get a room with action, please tell us what you did see. I picked my own room (conservatory) last night, and the study tonight. I figured with 5 people in the study, we had a better luck of catching something happening... I really really wish I'd used it on the lounge

wldfstdnt, did you lose your rope too? Since we didn't hear anything about items last night, I'm thinking that everyone lost their items after the first night, but then the next person got to keep the item for two nights.

(wldfstdnt, i need to remember that as wild-f***-student to be able to type that out without looking for every letter)

I had the rope for three (?) days. I lost it a minute ago. I didn't use it the last time so it was cuit, no one, and then a failed sheep. I had said I didn't have it anymore after I had first revealed it. Just wasn't planning on using it and keeping it out, then today figured WTH

To confuse you more it is wldLfstdnt, though I like how you think of it.
 
I have a wonderful 3 day weekend this weekend. I will keep tomorrow on the normal schedule. Lynch deadline in the afternoon and night deadline around 6-7PM.

For Saturday and Sunday:

I wanted to see if there would be any objections to trying to speed up the game a little bit. Maybe get 2 days/2 nights in on each day. Or at least get Day 5, Night 5, and Day 6 done Saturday and then do Night 6, Day 7 and Night 7 on Sunday. Any strong objections to this?
 
I had the revolver the past two nights but just found out I lost it. 😱
 
Since we're talking about items... has anyone come across the wrench? I think it's the only game item that hasn't been mentioned.
 
I have a wonderful 3 day weekend this weekend. I will keep tomorrow on the normal schedule. Lynch deadline in the afternoon and night deadling around 6-7PM.

For Saturday and Sunday:

I wanted to see if there would be any objections to trying to speed up the game a little bit. Maybe get 2 days/2 nights in on each day. Or at least get Day 5, Night 5, and Day 6 done Saturday and then do Night 6, Day 7 and Night 7 on Sunday. Any strong objections to this?
👍 do it!
 
I wanted to see if there would be any objections to trying to speed up the game a little bit. Maybe get 2 days/2 nights in on each day. Or at least get Day 5, Night 5, and Day 6 done Saturday and then do Night 6, Day 7 and Night 7 on Sunday. Any strong objections to this?

I'm playing in a hockey tournament this weekend, so I might miss some of the lynch votes or whatever if this happens. Not saying don't do it if everyone else is okay with it obviously, but just a fair warning. This is my team's schedule, for anyone who wants to check my alibi. 😉
 
I wanted to see if there would be any objections to trying to speed up the game a little bit. Maybe get 2 days/2 nights in on each day. Or at least get Day 5, Night 5, and Day 6 done Saturday and then do Night 6, Day 7 and Night 7 on Sunday. Any strong objections to this?
I may have to contingency vote things (finals next week) but don't have any objections.
 
I have a wonderful 3 day weekend this weekend. I will keep tomorrow on the normal schedule. Lynch deadline in the afternoon and night deadline around 6-7PM.

For Saturday and Sunday:

I wanted to see if there would be any objections to trying to speed up the game a little bit. Maybe get 2 days/2 nights in on each day. Or at least get Day 5, Night 5, and Day 6 done Saturday and then do Night 6, Day 7 and Night 7 on Sunday. Any strong objections to this?

No objections on my end as well. I don't work this weekend and don't have a reason to go to PSU anymore 🙁 so I'll be around.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wanted to see if there would be any objections to trying to speed up the game a little bit. Maybe get 2 days/2 nights in on each day. Or at least get Day 5, Night 5, and Day 6 done Saturday and then do Night 6, Day 7 and Night 7 on Sunday. Any strong objections to this?
Cuit and I will be bridesmaid dress and shoe shopping early-mid Saturday, so we may contingency vote then but I don't have any strong objections.
 
Count me as another who will likely have to do contingency voting on Saturday. I am volunteering at Rolex Friday and Saturday and do not have a smartphone, so I won't have internet access for extended periods of time.
 
I have a wonderful 3 day weekend this weekend. I will keep tomorrow on the normal schedule. Lynch deadline in the afternoon and night deadline around 6-7PM.

For Saturday and Sunday:

I wanted to see if there would be any objections to trying to speed up the game a little bit. Maybe get 2 days/2 nights in on each day. Or at least get Day 5, Night 5, and Day 6 done Saturday and then do Night 6, Day 7 and Night 7 on Sunday. Any strong objections to this?

I will be a contigency vote on Saturday
 
If I speed it up, it will look something like this:

Friday:

Day 4: Lynch deadline is 1PM
Night 4: Deadline is 7PM (earlier if I get all PMs before then)

Saturday:
Day 5: Lynch deadline 10AM
Night 5: Deadline 2PM
Day 6: Deadline 6PM

Sunday:
Night 6: Deadline 10AM
Day 7: Deadline 2PM
Night 8: Deadline 6PM

Then back to the usual afternoon for day and late evening/early night for night cycle (all times are PST).

How do these sound to everyone. Give me a yay or nay.
 
If I speed it up, it will look something like this:

Friday:

Day 4: Lynch deadline is 1PM
Night 4: Deadline is 7PM (earlier if I get all PMs before then)

Saturday:
Day 5: Lynch deadline 10AM
Night 5: Deadline 2PM
Day 6: Deadline 6PM

Sunday:
Night 6: Deadline 10AM
Day 7: Deadline 2PM
Night 8: Deadline 6PM

Then back to the usual afternoon for day and late evening/early night for night cycle (all times are PST).

How do these sound to everyone. Give me a yay or nay.

yay - may miss some tomorrow for work but I have sat off