Clue WW Official Game Thread

Started by DVMDream
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sorry, wldlfstdnt 🙁 didn't have anything good to go on for anyone. 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Indeed, that's a HUGE compliment. Apparently most good WW players play excellent "villagers" and slightly less-good "wolves." Dyachei has always been hard to read and seems to have pretty equal villager/wolf styles. (yeah, I read up on some WW strategery, what of it? 🙄 )
*********************
I don't seem to be particularly good at either :laugh: You guys had me pegged immediatly. I did last a while in the LOTR game by making it seem like I still had powers though i.e. not telling anyone that I didn't have any. I just couldn't nail down any of my suspicions though.
************************
 
I told you guys wld was innocent.

And this night might be a little rough, approaching devyn level of drinking so who knows what I may post😉
 
Hey all. I am back. I have been approved to "return to work"! Not so sure if that is a good thing or not.

Anyway, I should be able to be back to my normal activity level in WW now.

I just saw the end of the lynch vote, and didn't seem like we have much info right now. Either people aren't sharing or we just don't know much. That's a hard way to find wolves.

Have to read through the rest and see what else I missed.
 
hear me out on this:

When I start a game I assume that there is at least one wolf in each room. I know this is not the best strategy, but the chances of a wolf being in your respected rooms is greater right now with at least 5 wolves left, than the chance of everyone in your room being innocent. I have reason to believe that the billiard room may be the only room right now that doesn't have any wolves, which makes it more likely that the rest of the rooms have a wolf in them. So when I look at the lounge the most likely wolf in my opinion is orca. If you don't agree with this logic that is fine but unless something new comes out I will put my vote in for lynch orca2011

this hunch has nothing to do with the attack on me
Just have to say this is pretty bad logically (and mathematically).

First off with 24 players 6 wolves would be A LOT! The rule of thumb is 1 wolf per 6 players so 4 (or possibly 5 if a lot of cool roles) is likely.

Secondly, there is rarely an even distribution of wolves. Actually mathematically it is more likely to have 2 wolves in 1 or even 2 rooms than not.

I feel that this kind of faulty logic is worse than RNG, because it makes things make sense that absolutely don't.

I have no feeling on orca at all, but I wouldn't want to use this logic to make any future decisions. Speculation is fine to investigate, not so much for lynching to me.

From what I have read, everyone is going on hunches, and I haven't seen a lot of reasoning yet in what people or saying or doing. Info kills wolves!
 
If you have some info id be glad to hear it, if I had info I wouldnt need hunches but this early on I am grasping at straws. I said it wasnt a great idea but if you want to trust everyone in your group go ahead. There has to be wolves in someones room.
 
Good point, I had thought about that but SOV's game is the only one that I could think of that has ever had any crazy rules like that about silencing/attacking same person, but you may be right.

I'm just trying to strategize, not force anyone vote for orca, but dyachei always plays the same and is hard to read but I feel as of now she is a villager ( I may be wrong)
Actually my game was more jailing/attacking .And it was to get rid of special powers. I doubt that would necessarily translate here, but of course it could.
 
But I would never use an item on a mayor/host that can silence them unless I was like 90% certain they had been converted or something like that, which I really don't think is the case this time.

Remember when I was leader you guys questioned me all game long (till I killed myself) and I had been investigated several times it turned out.

I prefer to assume the leader is safe at the beginning until evidence comes otherwise. They are usually over-investigated.
 
Anyone else silenced today?
No one in the kitchen is silenced. But someone else may be; there were 9 people who didn't vote in the lynch today. Packen is silenced and you and hintofblue were busy, so that leaves 6 people outside the kitchen who didn't vote. Anyone have any more info about busy vs. silenced?
 
I told you guys wld was innocent.

And this night might be a little rough, approaching devyn level of drinking so who knows what I may post😉


*********************** I was innocent! Oh well, dang. Sheeps wasn't it you who I said I was Jennifer Aniston? I gave the biggest hint! I loved her tv show, she had some good movies, but lately they are all flops.
***********************
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I doubt DVM is just messing with us. That would be really weird. I think the room was really locked down. I think the wrench is as good a guess as any. Either way I'm willing to bet there's a role or an item that locks down an entire room. It could act as protection, the wolves wouldn't be able to attack anyone in the locked down room IF the room is full of innocents. But I think since there was an attack, it gives us the info that there's a wolf in the room. So it either protects, or gives us info about wolf existence.
DVM was clear about the room being closed off. Sheepie escaped 2 attacks (1 wolf, 1 non-wolf we now know). To me the overwhelmingly logical conclusion is the room being closed saved sheepie, as sheepie has not indicated any self protection.

I agree with Lissarae, if the room was closed and a wolf was in the room, then sheepie would likely be dead.

And again, my last game was the only one where you had to be in the location as a wolf to attack. I think it is too fresh to copy the same exact formula as a mod.

Generally wolves can attack anywhere. Let's not feel safe just because there is no wolf in our room, or attribute too much importance to where the attack occurs.
 
*********************** I was innocent! Oh well, dang. Sheeps wasn't it you who I said I was Jennifer Aniston? I gave the biggest hint! I loved her tv show, she had some good movies, but lately they are all flops.
***********************

Oh yeah that was you I called jen aniston for on day one, to bad im not as good at guessing wolves as I am at guessing actresses
 
If you have some info id be glad to hear it, if I had info I wouldnt need hunches but this early on I am grasping at straws. I said it wasnt a great idea but if you want to trust everyone in your group go ahead. There has to be wolves in someones room.
Hey, i don't trust everyone in my room yet. I just don't want to jump to conclusions on bad logic. I also said it makes sense to trust you!

It's just once a bandwagon starts, people become reluctant to post new options, because they are afraid of being on the wrong side of a lynch, so I am cautious about conclusions from faulty logic.
I've certainly led to enough bandwagons i regret to know! 🙁
 
Hey, i don't trust everyone in my room yet. I just don't want to jump to conclusions on bad logic. I also said it makes sense to trust you!

Its all good, I understand your criticism of my idea, just dont want to accept it. Also I would say to whoever had the candlestick to watch the lounge as a repeat attack may occur.
 
dyachei has been pretty quiet though.

Also, in SOV's game, it came out after the game was over that some players could only be killed if they were both attacked + silenced or whatever. Maybe the wolves thought that doing both could possibly take the leader out if the leader has some kind of protective role?

I don't know, just an idea. I really don't like wldlf's whole "I picked this person to use this item on because my cousin picked them" shtick either, honestly. Something about her is definitely raising flags to me.


this is what I was referring to with my "I'm quiet because I'm busy" post earlier, sheepdog.
 
Again...anyone heard from LIS? I think he said he had a test (was that for today?) or something, but I can't keep track of y'all's schedules...:laugh: I just thought he'd have chimed in on things by now, usually.
 
No one in the kitchen is silenced. But someone else may be; there were 9 people who didn't vote in the lynch today. Packen is silenced and you and hintofblue were busy, so that leaves 6 people outside the kitchen who didn't vote. Anyone have any more info about busy vs. silenced?

Well I didn't vote because I just couldn't choose between the two for the reasons I listed and I definitely didn't want to be the deciding factor. And obviously I wasn't silenced. Philliab said she was going to be out the whole day. That leaves 4 other peeps.
 
Well I didn't vote because I just couldn't choose between the two for the reasons I listed and I definitely didn't want to be the deciding factor. And obviously I wasn't silenced. Philliab said she was going to be out the whole day. That leaves 4 other peeps.

I also didn't vote - I was at work and didn't want to dig through everything to figure out a vote.
 
Again...anyone heard from LIS? I think he said he had a test (was that for today?) or something, but I can't keep track of y'all's schedules...:laugh: I just thought he'd have chimed in on things by now, usually.
I can say from experience, that sometimes us old married men have wives to answer for, and can't look at the thread due to surprise marital needs:laugh:!

Or he could just be silenced. :meanie:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can say from experience, that sometimes us old married men have wives to answer for, and can't look at the thread due to surprise marital needs:laugh:!

Or he could just be silenced. :meanie:
Psh....my husband has more "surprise marital needs" than I do! 🙄 😛
 
Again...anyone heard from LIS? I think he said he had a test (was that for today?) or something, but I can't keep track of y'all's schedules...:laugh: I just thought he'd have chimed in on things by now, usually.

Hey ... I'm here. Yeah, I had a test this morning, then a few hours of lecture, then gave blood over lunch, then spend the rest of the day in the clinic and just got home. Sorry.

I've got no input, though. I'm not even sure if we're on a day/night cycle right now. I've got no item to considering using, and my role doesn't really require much in the way of thinking.

So... I'm just kinda coasting along. Sorry!
 
Less than an hour and half left until the deadline.

Please get your PMs to me as quick as possible. I would like to join my family for dinner. If I get them soon I can post results right away, if I do not you may have wait until I get back from dinner (which could easily be 9PM PST or later).
 
Less than an hour and half left until the deadline.

Please get your PMs to me as quick as possible. I would like to join my family for dinner. If I get them soon I can post results right away, if I do not you may have wait until I get back from dinner.

C'mon players! Let's let DVMdream eat with her family :laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1 hour and 10 minutes remain until the night deadline.

I will be going to eat with my family at around 7:15PM. If I don't get all PMs by 6:30-6:45 there is no way I can send out results of night actions in PMs and post night results before I leave for dinner.

Get those PMs in if you want night results before I leave otherwise it will be 9PM PST or later before I post them and remember the Day 5 deadline is 10AM PST.