Colorado State c/o 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 user
I was just rejected from my IS school (TAMU) which only had 1000 applicants so it is not looking good for me as an OOS applicant. I did the math and if CSU had 3500 applicants last year and it went up 18% that's around 4100 applicants this year so oof.

I was just rejected from my IS school (TAMU) which only had 1000 applicants so it is not looking good for me as an OOS applicant. I did the math and if CSU had 3500 applicants last year and it went up 18% that's around 4100 applicants this year so oof.
You never know, different committees different perspectives of your app.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think it's fair to start thinking this way yet. Just because the number of applicants has increased does not mean that these applicants are competitive or even as competitive as yourself. Each committee is going to evaluate you differently because each school teaches differently and they want to make sure they have high success based on how their school works. You didn't get into your in state. That's okay. That doesn't mean Colorado won't love your application or even another school. Take the time to relax and move forward so your mind isn't cluttered with things that are out of your control. Just keep working to make yourself a stronger applicant.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't think it's fair to start thinking this way yet. Just because the number of applicants has increased does not mean that these applicants are competitive or even as competitive as yourself. Each committee is going to evaluate you differently because each school teaches differently and they want to make sure they have high success based on how their school works. You didn't get into your in state. That's okay. That doesn't mean Colorado won't love your application or even another school. Take the time to relax and move forward so your mind isn't cluttered with things that are out of your control. Just keep working to make yourself a stronger applicant.
Thank you. I have anxiety so I've been thinking this way since the moment I decided to work toward vet school in 2019. I know these things logically but I was already insecure about my vet experience hours and lack of extracurriculars so not getting an interview at my IS has left me feeling very defeated.
...And on the other hand if I do get into CSU then I'll be looking at 300k in students loans to be able to pay for school and COL but shhhh.

Thank you. I have anxiety so I've been thinking this way since the moment I decided to work toward vet school in 2019. I know these things logically but I was already insecure about my vet experience hours and lack of extracurriculars so not getting an interview at my IS has left me feeling very defeated.
...And on the other hand if I do get into CSU then I'll be looking at 300k in students loans to be able to pay for school and COL but shhhh.
I also got rejected at my IS and thinking the same about CSU… not much hope there… I’m already strategizing on how to improve my gpa for next year 😞 Looking ahead is the only thing that helps me deal with it.

I also got rejected at my IS and thinking the same about CSU… not much hope there… I’m already strategizing on how to improve my gpa for next year 😞 Looking ahead is the only thing that helps me deal with it.
Yeah, it's rough. Logically I know stressing about it now isn't going to make January come any sooner but I can't not.

Can anyone share with me what a "competitive" application looks like? I'm a Canadian student and this is my first time applying internationally and our schools up here seem to focus on very different things so I'm really unsure what to expect and stats of others who have gotten in.

Do you feel your GPA is the only thing that inhibits your optimism with CSU?

Can anyone share with me what a "competitive" application looks like? I'm a Canadian student and this is my first time applying internationally and our schools up here seem to focus on very different things so I'm really unsure what to expect and stats of others who have gotten in.
Is the very same here in the US all schools look at different things. Arizona is very stats heavy CSU is holistic but also 3rd in the in-school rankings so they will want good grades along with experience, Davis love research, etc etc etc. TUFTs is a good choice for internationals.

I replied to you on the TAMU page but I'd also like to point out that I know a whole bunch of people who never got into their IS but received multiple OOS acceptances, so hopefully, that helps a little! Don't give in to despair, even when things like this feel out of your control there is always something you can do to help improve your chances. Continuing to do things to improve my stats helps me feel better because it gives me a tangible thing to focus on, maybe that perspective can help you feel better too!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I replied to you on the TAMU page but I'd also like to point out that I know a whole bunch of people who never got into their IS but received multiple OOS acceptances, so hopefully, that helps a little! Don't give in to despair, even when things like this feel out of your control there is always something you can do to help improve your chances. Continuing to do things to improve my stats helps me feel better because it gives me a tangible thing to focus on, maybe that perspective can help you feel better too!
I do know of one person who was rejected from A&M IS but got into CSU last year, so maybe...? I think I shot myself in the foot a bit this year by only applying to my IS (technically TTU is my IS as well but I really don't expect to get in there since they were created pretty much exclusively for large animal) and CSU/Purdue, which are ridiculously competitive for out of state students. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Honestly I'd rather know now if I was rejected everywhere to start preparing for next cycle rather than holding my breath until January.

Do you feel your GPA is the only thing that inhibits your optimism with CSU?
No… I am non-traditional; went to school abroad, so my courses aren’t as recent and typical as other applicants. They told me my courses were approved but so did UC Davis (my IS). I don’t have thousands of experience hours either. I started gathering hours in 2020. My GPA isn’t low but is pretty mediocre (3.5). It was my first time applying and I they don’t take into account coursework in progress, so I can totally see a scenario where they want to see my progress in courses I am retaking before offering admission.

I do know of one person who was rejected from A&M IS but got into CSU last year, so maybe...? I think I shot myself in the foot a bit this year by only applying to my IS (technically TTU is my IS as well but I really don't expect to get in there since they were created pretty much exclusively for large animal) and CSU/Purdue, which are ridiculously competitive for out of state students. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Honestly I'd rather know now if I was rejected everywhere to start preparing for next cycle rather than holding my breath until January.
Honestly, the only thing that keeps me sane while waiting is looking for new opportunities. If I focus on trying to line up a job or volunteer experience I feel better knowing I'm still making progress even if I don't get in. So for now maybe that kinda outlook could help! start looking at summer opportunities to apply to or reorganize your application! It makes for a productive distraction tbh

And tbh if you can afford it, Id apply to as many schools as possible. I really truly think the application process is sometimes a luck of the draw kind of deal and increasing the schools you apply to may increase your odds. Obviously, if you would never ever go there don't apply but maybe branch out a bit. I applied to 8 schools last year and 12 this year, expensive and a lot of work but worth it if I get in somewhere.

Honestly, the only thing that keeps me sane while waiting is looking for new opportunities. If I focus on trying to line up a job or volunteer experience I feel better knowing I'm still making progress even if I don't get in. So for now maybe that kinda outlook could help! start looking at summer opportunities to apply to or reorganize your application! It makes for a productive distraction tbh

And tbh if you can afford it, Id apply to as many schools as possible. I really truly think the application process is sometimes a luck of the draw kind of deal and increasing the schools you apply to may increase your odds. Obviously, if you would never ever go there don't apply but maybe branch out a bit. I applied to 8 schools last year and 12 this year, expensive and a lot of work but worth it if I get in somewhere.
As someone that is on my third cycle, I have in to applying to Caribbean schools….they definitely are not my first choice BUT they’ve provided with acceptances already which has helped with the nerves during other interviews

That’s also something I plan to do. I only applied to 4 cause around May I realized my coursework didn’t make me eligible for most schools (as an international graduate I lacked English writing and humanities courses). So that’s another thing I’m focusing on: take courses to be eligible for most schools. I was also overwhelmed by the work that goes into the supplemental applications so I’ll start working on my application from January next year.

I applied to the CSU/UAF dual program. I know if I get rejected from that, I’ll be considered for general admission. Does anyone know when the dual program applicants have historically gotten notified? Obviously it has to be before general admissions decisions go out and I saw that last cycle, CSU sent out general admission decisions at the beginning of January so maybe I’ll hear next month???

Last edited:
That’s also something I plan to do. I only applied to 4 cause around May I realized my coursework didn’t make me eligible for most schools (as an international graduate I lacked English writing and humanities courses). So that’s another thing I’m focusing on: take courses to be eligible for most schools. I was also overwhelmed by the work that goes into the supplemental applications so I’ll start working on my application from January next year.
Make sure you look into schools specifically on that. Some have a set number of credits they want for those types of things BUT they also specify that they don’t need those specific number of credits if you have a bachelor’s degree

Make sure you look into schools specifically on that. Some have a set number of credits they want for those types of things BUT they also specify that they don’t need those specific number of credits if you have a bachelor’s degree
I know... Last year I was emailing them one by one to see if I'm eligible. It was exhausting. I had to translate all the course descriptions etc... Since some schools required that I still take English, I'm gathering credits so I'll be eligible for more schools next year without needing to reach out.

I know... Last year I was emailing them one by one to see if I'm eligible. It was exhausting. I had to translate all the course descriptions etc... Since some schools required that I still take English, I'm gathering credits so I'll be eligible for more schools next year without needing to reach out.
I was just throwing the idea out there to make sure you checked!!!

Honestly dont lose hope! I am also IS for TAMU and was rejected last year, but i was offered a MS/DVM program at CSU. so you never know!

Last edited:
Hey fellow CSU applicants! If anyone applied to the UAF/CSU I wanted to update that I just randomly logged on to my supplemental application and had a denial (nonsponsored seat) with information about being placed in the CSU general application pool! So if you applied for UAF/CSU, check your status pages!!

Hey fellow CSU applicants! If anyone applied to the UAF/CSU I wanted to update that I just randomly logged on to my supplemental application and had a denial (nonsponsored seat) with information about being placed in the CSU general application pool! So if you applied for UAF/CSU, check your status pages!!
Where is it on the status page? Also, good luck in the general pool!

how do i find this status page pls help
Edit: I found it but I'm not sure where to look.

how do i find this status page pls help
Edit: I found it but I'm not sure where to look.
So you log on tk the supplemental application page (I’m assuming that’s where you got to but this clarifies for anyone else wondering!) and I clicked on this cycle’s application at the bottom (I applied last year so it had 2021 and 2022 so I clicked 2022) and then it was at the very top of that page!

So you log on tk the supplemental application page (I’m assuming that’s where you got to but this clarifies for anyone else wondering!) and I clicked on this cycle’s application at the bottom (I applied last year so it had 2021 and 2022 so I clicked 2022) and then it was at the very top of that page!
Ah, I see what you mean. I have nothing on that area so maybe it's a rolling thing for them right now. Regardless best of luck in the general pool!

Ah, I see what you mean. I have nothing on that area so maybe it's a rolling thing for them right now. Regardless best of luck in the general pool!
It could be, I figured I’d just give a heads up for people that stuff is starting to be updated

What is UAF/CSU?

Those it has a date for the denial?

Rejection for the UAF/CSU program. Would love to hear if anyone got accepted into it and your stats pls and ty.

It didn’t have a date for when it was updated. I know I checked a week maybe two weeks ago so sometime within that frame it’s been updated

Rejection for the UAF/CSU program. Would love to hear if anyone got accepted into it and your stats pls and ty.

I have been checking it. I think they posted it today.
Maybe then 2-3 weeks from now they will deliberate and we will all find out the first week of January if we made the cut.

Maybe then 2-3 weeks from now they will deliberate and we will all find out the first week of January if we made the cut.
I re-read the email and I think your right. They said not to expect to hear back from them until the start of January at the earliest.

Rejected from the MPH/DVM program. Pretty bummed, as I heard the combined programs are easier to get admittance to than the general DVM program. Must keep high hopes and low expectations I suppose.

Rejected from the MPH/DVM program. Pretty bummed, as I heard the combined programs are easier to get admittance to than the general DVM program. Must keep high hopes and low expectations I suppose.
Did they email you this? I applied to the MPH/DVM program too.

Did they email you this? I applied to the MPH/DVM program too.
It was updated on my application portal, I’ve just been periodically checking on it. No communication via email. From what I have seen in past forums, if that information is not yet there for you, it is likely good news, and you will receive your acceptance at the same time as the general pool DVM candidates.

It was updated on my application portal, I’ve just been periodically checking on it. No communication via email. From what I have seen in past forums, if that information is not yet there for you, it is likely good news, and you will receive your acceptance at the same time as the general pool DVM candidates.
It is at the top of your status page?

Yes it was essentially a text box at the top of the page.
Well I wish you the best in the general pool. I honestly don't know if the dual program is easier cuz you need both vet and public health experience (and I think there's like 5 spots). So maybe things will work out in the end!

Quick question: We didn't have to submit an MPH application (SOPHAS) for the DVM/MPH program right? It was just the VMCAS?

I re-read the email and I think your right. They said not to expect to hear back from them until the start of January at the earliest.
I logged in my application portal just now, “Decisions are planned for release in mid-January”.Hope we will hear back in the next month.

Quick question: We didn't have to submit an MPH application (SOPHAS) for the DVM/MPH program right? It was just the VMCAS?
Just the VMCAS and the supplemental CSU app. However, you had to complete the MPH/DVM essay and select you were interested in that program

Got my heart beating for a second there! Thought it was decision emails...haha

Reactions: 7 users