-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Colorado State c/o 2026 Applicants
Started by Zeppelyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
julessweeney
New Member
OOS acceptance, literally in shock, I had pretty much completely discounted CSU out based off the expected # of applicants and being denied from like 6 other schools already. Not sure if I'll be accepting bc I got accepted into a school much closer to home(and cheaper) but have to do some calculating and maybe visit first😳
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone!! Congrats on the acceptances and if you didn’t get good news don’t give up!! I’m a current first year at CSU and am a student ambassador for the DMV program so message me and I can give you my email! I’d love to answer any and all of your CSU questions there!!
OOS accepted non traditional background- to the 2 and 2 program. 🙂
OOS rejection from the DVM program but listed as an alternate for the MPH/DVM program
Congratulations!!! Such a competitive program… you should be super proud!OOS accepted non traditional background- to the 2 and 2 program. 🙂
This is my second time applying! Last year I had two interviews and was waitlisted at one and rejected from all the other 8! This year I applied to 11 and have interviews at 4, rejected from 3 and waiting to hear back from the others! I worked as a tech in my off year to gain large animal experience which I was lacking it. I think it made the difference! Don’t lose hope!I'm really curious but for those of you with interviews, where did you apply to and is this your first cycle? This is my first cycle and I applied to 7 schools (wish I had done more preparation beforehand though and more thoroughly researched every single vet school in the States) and have been rejected from 4 schools and am still waiting to see if I can get an interview invite from 3 others. I am starting to kind of lose hope for this cycle though to be honest.
Dogsandcats22
Full Member
OOS Rejected! I am genuinely so happy for those who are non traditional that are being accepted from Colorado, you all should be VERY proud of yourselves
OOS rejection! I have an interview with my IS school. Rejected from another OOS. First time applicant. Best of luck to those moving forward!!! Y’all got this 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼
felinedvm98
Full Member
OOS (non-sponsored) Alternate! Kind of shocked - was rejected last year - so better news lol! Does anyone know how the OOS waitlist moves?
IS non traditional accepted!!! I am SO thrilled and cannot believe this!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you. I'm completely shocked. I really thought I would get accepted nowhere.Congratulations!!! Such a competitive program… you should be super proud!
They offer 10 seats to students that they think can succeed with phased acclimation to the DVM program. Basically it's an additional year where if you can maintain a 3.0 gpa at CSU, you are admitted to the next year's DVM class with in state tuition for the four years! They also give a scholarship to offset some of the extra year's costs. You don't apply for it but they select a few students who fill out the "Special Circumstances" portion of the supplemental application. I was really hoping to be picked but did not want to get my hopes up as it's very limited!What is vet prep? Is that something you apply for separately or just w the regular app? I dont remember seeing that on the application
If you're curious, google "CSU Vet Prep" and a few articles/a handout from CSU come up with more information! I do fall under every category they list as disadvantaged (economic, cultural, educational, etc) but have a substantial application otherwise-- 10,000+ hours in specialty medicine, last two years were straight A's at a full time pace/full time work, but I failed roughly 1.5 years of undergrad due to extenuating circumstances. I really hope that next cycle, someone reads this information and can benefit from it. I'm open to talk to future cycles about my stats, just DM me. Last cycle, I was outright rejected from 8 schools and this cycle I interviewed at 3 different schools.
Sorry to rant, this is just the kind of information I wanted someone to post when I was reading old threads the past two cycles.
Last edited:
Thanks for the info!! And good luck with CSU if you go there, congrats!!!They offer less than 10 seats to disadvantaged students that they think can succeed with phased acclimation to the DVM program. Basically it's an additional year where if you can maintain a 3.0 gpa at CSU, you are admitted to the next year's DVM class. If you maintain a 3.0 gpa you get to be in the DVM class with in state tuition for the four years! They also give a scholarship to offset some of the extra year's costs. You don't apply for it but they select a few students who fill out the "Special Circumstances" portion of the supplemental application. I was really hoping to be picked but did not want to get my hopes up as it's very limited!
If you're curious, google "CSU Vet Prep" and a few articles/a handout from CSU come up with more information! I do fall under every category they list as disadvantaged (economic, cultural, educational, etc) but have a substantial application otherwise-- 10,000+ hours in specialty medicine, last two years were straight A's at a full time pace/full time work, but I failed roughly 1.5 years of undergrad due to extenuating circumstances. I really hope that next cycle, someone reads this information and can benefit from it. I'm open to talk to future cycles about my stats, just DM me. Last cycle, I was outright rejected from 8 schools and this cycle I interviewed at 3 different schools.
Sorry to rant, this is just the kind of information I wanted someone to post when I was reading old threads the past two cycles.
OOS acceptance! I can not believe it!!
I would try to set up a DVM admissions advising session through their website. I'm not entirely sure if they will do this for non-CSU students, but I did this when I was in my masters there and it was really helpful. Doesn't hurt to ask!OOS rejection, 2nd cycle. I really wish these schools still did individual file reviews. The generalized ones don't really help. Good luck to everyone else, hope you get some good news!
AspiringDVMofTomorrow
New Member
25 year old non-traditional IS rejection. Those who got in on their second and third tries are giving me hope though, I am stoked for you guys. To those applicable: see you here next year! 👊
I am also curious about this! OOS alternate as well, my first cycle applying and this is the first school I’ve heard back from.OOS (non-sponsored) Alternate! Kind of shocked - was rejected last year - so better news lol! Does anyone know how the OOS waitlist moves?
Did anyone see this today after they got rejected?
RETURN TO POOL: After being reviewed in the Early Academic Review admissions process, your application has been forwarded to the regular admissions process. We hope to notify Nonsponsored and Colorado candidates of the outcome of the regular admissions process by early-mid January. If you also applied for consideration in the Food Animal Career Incentive Program (FAVCIP), your FAVCIP essay and credentials will be evaluated in parallel with the regular admissions process.
And did anyone get rejected on the portal but never got an email?
RETURN TO POOL: After being reviewed in the Early Academic Review admissions process, your application has been forwarded to the regular admissions process. We hope to notify Nonsponsored and Colorado candidates of the outcome of the regular admissions process by early-mid January. If you also applied for consideration in the Food Animal Career Incentive Program (FAVCIP), your FAVCIP essay and credentials will be evaluated in parallel with the regular admissions process.
And did anyone get rejected on the portal but never got an email?
Colorado does an early academic review for candidates that have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or lower. This means that you underwent this review and your application was then moved into the regular admissions pool before they sent out status updates.Did anyone see this today after they got rejected?
RETURN TO POOL: After being reviewed in the Early Academic Review admissions process, your application has been forwarded to the regular admissions process. We hope to notify Nonsponsored and Colorado candidates of the outcome of the regular admissions process by early-mid January. If you also applied for consideration in the Food Animal Career Incentive Program (FAVCIP), your FAVCIP essay and credentials will be evaluated in parallel with the regular admissions process.
And did anyone get rejected on the portal but never got an email?
My GPA is 3.91Colorado does an early academic review for candidates that have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or lower. This means that you underwent this review and your application was then moved into the regular admissions pool before they sent out status updates.
Oh that's really strange thenMy GPA is 3.91
vet_student
Full Member
Hi! Does anyone have any insight on how likely it is to get off the waitlist as an OOS student? I also got accepted to USyd and their program starts at the end of this upcoming Feb so I'm stressing out lol
Unfortunately, it’s pretty unlikely the waitlist will move much before April 15th 🙁 but the chances are not 0%!Hi! Does anyone have any insight on how likely it is to get off the waitlist as an OOS student? I also got accepted to USyd and their program starts at the end of this upcoming Feb so I'm stressing out lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Until an official group is made, there’s a discord for the DVM class of 2026:
discord.gg
Discord - Group Chat That’s All Fun & Games
Discord is great for playing games and chilling with friends, or even building a worldwide community. Customize your own space to talk, play, and hang out.
CarnivorousKitten
Full Member
Any current OOS CMV students here successfully applied for residency after 1 year?
Is that an option at CSU?
Is that an option at CSU?
I am Vetprep this year! If you have any questions let me know! YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE IT!This is literally unbelievable. I’m shaking at work. OOS acceptance to Vet Prep.
There are always 10 spots offered.Congrats!!! Do you know how many were accepted through the vet prep program?
I am
in the Vet Prep program! let me know if you have any questions I am happy to help!Vet prep accepted! Not sure if I should go tho, I got accepted at Oregon state and makes me nervous to reject a school that already accepted me, but Colorado is so much closer ugh I don’t know
Any current students available to answer a couple of questions?
1) Anyone from the east coast? How was the transition living in CO?
2) What neighborhoods do most students live in? When is the best time to start looking for housing?
1) Anyone from the east coast? How was the transition living in CO?
2) What neighborhoods do most students live in? When is the best time to start looking for housing?
Hello everyone! I was accepted into SGU CVM, invited for an interview at the University of Minnesota, waiting on Iowa State and University of Wisconsin, but I was also accepted into the CSU VetPrep program to start this Fall of 2022.
However, I’m also still in the non-sponsored alternate list for CSU. Does this mean that although I was invited to the VetPrep program (I already accepted), does this mean that I’m still in the non- sponsored alternate list (waiting list)?
Also, I’ve been emailing Dr. DelCambre with many questions and all have been answered😊
However, I would like to know from a current VetPrep CSU student. I feel that maintaining a 3.0 cumulative is absolutely achievable in order to automatically be admitted to the DVM program starting Fall of 2023.
1. How are the professors during the 1st year of VetPrep?
2. Are the professors and admin really supportive of the VetPrep students?
3. Any resources that may guide the VetPrep student into preparing for vetschool?
4. As far as you know, how many of the VetPrep students don’t make it through that year?
Much appreciate your time to answer my questions. I already accepted the offer, but if any of the other Midwest colleges give me an offer, I may reconsider. I love Colorado, and I fell in love with Colorado when my wife and I went to visit our best friend in Vail, CO.
Best,
Doug Chamroeun
However, I’m also still in the non-sponsored alternate list for CSU. Does this mean that although I was invited to the VetPrep program (I already accepted), does this mean that I’m still in the non- sponsored alternate list (waiting list)?
Also, I’ve been emailing Dr. DelCambre with many questions and all have been answered😊
However, I would like to know from a current VetPrep CSU student. I feel that maintaining a 3.0 cumulative is absolutely achievable in order to automatically be admitted to the DVM program starting Fall of 2023.
1. How are the professors during the 1st year of VetPrep?
2. Are the professors and admin really supportive of the VetPrep students?
3. Any resources that may guide the VetPrep student into preparing for vetschool?
4. As far as you know, how many of the VetPrep students don’t make it through that year?
Much appreciate your time to answer my questions. I already accepted the offer, but if any of the other Midwest colleges give me an offer, I may reconsider. I love Colorado, and I fell in love with Colorado when my wife and I went to visit our best friend in Vail, CO.
Best,
Doug Chamroeun
Attachments
I posted a nice set of questions. Thanks!I am
in the Vet Prep program! let me know if you have any questions I am happy to help!
Interested in these answers as well!Hello everyone! I was accepted into SGU CVM, invited for an interview at the University of Minnesota, waiting on Iowa State and University of Wisconsin, but I was also accepted into the CSU VetPrep program to start this Fall of 2022.
However, I’m also still in the non-sponsored alternate list for CSU. Does this mean that although I was invited to the VetPrep program (I already accepted), does this mean that I’m still in the non- sponsored alternate list (waiting list)?
Also, I’ve been emailing Dr. DelCambre with many questions and all have been answered😊
However, I would like to know from a current VetPrep CSU student. I feel that maintaining a 3.0 cumulative is absolutely achievable in order to automatically be admitted to the DVM program starting Fall of 2023.
1. How are the professors during the 1st year of VetPrep?
2. Are the professors and admin really supportive of the VetPrep students?
3. Any resources that may guide the VetPrep student into preparing for vetschool?
4. As far as you know, how many of the VetPrep students don’t make it through that year?
Much appreciate your time to answer my questions. I already accepted the offer, but if any of the other Midwest colleges give me an offer, I may reconsider. I love Colorado, and I fell in love with Colorado when my wife and I went to visit our best friend in Vail, CO.
Best,
Doug Chamroeun
Pancho Villaa
New Member
I am on the same boat. Don't know which is best. Do an extra year and save some money on tuition, or graduate early and start working!Vet prep accepted! Not sure if I should go tho, I got accepted at Oregon state and makes me nervous to reject a school that already accepted me, but Colorado is so much closer ugh I don’t know
DVM/MPH OOS acceptance!
D
deleted989551
Have any accepted/waitlisted students received the registration email for the CSU Veterinary Showcase on 2/19? I've only received the save the date email so far. Thanks!
justafluff
Good skelegg
I've just received the save the date!Have any accepted/waitlisted students received the registration email for the CSU Veterinary Showcase on 2/19? I've only received the save the date email so far. Thanks!
Alternate here, no save the date email received!Have any accepted/waitlisted students received the registration email for the CSU Veterinary Showcase on 2/19? I've only received the save the date email so far. Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im an OOS alternate and I have also only received the save the date sent on 1/13Have any accepted/waitlisted students received the registration email for the CSU Veterinary Showcase on 2/19? I've only received the save the date email so far. Thanks!
I’m accepted and have only received the initial email, no registration!Have any accepted/waitlisted students received the registration email for the CSU Veterinary Showcase on 2/19? I've only received the save the date email so far. Thanks!
I just got the email to register for the CSU Veterinary Program Showcase on 2/19/22
Congrats on your acceptance everyone! I am a current 4th year and love CSU. If anyone is looking for a small studio apartment close to campus, let me know! No dogs but cats are allowed.
Scratch that, received an invite to the showcase today. Still in-state alternate status!Alternate here, no save the date email received!