Colorado State c/o 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
37 y/o non-traditional IS acceptance!!!!! This was my 6th cycle, so I am over the freaking moonšŸ„³šŸ„³šŸ„³

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
OOS acceptance, literally in shock, I had pretty much completely discounted CSU out based off the expected # of applicants and being denied from like 6 other schools already. Not sure if I'll be accepting bc I got accepted into a school much closer to home(and cheaper) but have to do some calculating and maybe visit firstšŸ˜³

Reactions: 6 users
No notification given, but I happened to log onto the CSU page and I saw that I am an OOS alternate!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone!! Congrats on the acceptances and if you didnā€™t get good news donā€™t give up!! Iā€™m a current first year at CSU and am a student ambassador for the DMV program so message me and I can give you my email! Iā€™d love to answer any and all of your CSU questions there!!

Reactions: 3 users
OOS rejection from the DVM program but listed as an alternate for the MPH/DVM program

Reactions: 1 user
Vet prep accepted! Not sure if I should go tho, I got accepted at Oregon state and makes me nervous to reject a school that already accepted me, but Colorado is so much closer ugh I donā€™t know

I'm really curious but for those of you with interviews, where did you apply to and is this your first cycle? This is my first cycle and I applied to 7 schools (wish I had done more preparation beforehand though and more thoroughly researched every single vet school in the States) and have been rejected from 4 schools and am still waiting to see if I can get an interview invite from 3 others. I am starting to kind of lose hope for this cycle though to be honest.
This is my second time applying! Last year I had two interviews and was waitlisted at one and rejected from all the other 8! This year I applied to 11 and have interviews at 4, rejected from 3 and waiting to hear back from the others! I worked as a tech in my off year to gain large animal experience which I was lacking it. I think it made the difference! Donā€™t lose hope!

OOS Rejected! I am genuinely so happy for those who are non traditional that are being accepted from Colorado, you all should be VERY proud of yourselves

OOS rejected. 3rd rejection this cycle, I was very hopeful for CSU :/

OOS rejection! I have an interview with my IS school. Rejected from another OOS. First time applicant. Best of luck to those moving forward!!! Yā€™all got this šŸ™ŒšŸ¼šŸ™ŒšŸ¼šŸ™ŒšŸ¼

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS (non-sponsored) Alternate! Kind of shocked - was rejected last year - so better news lol! Does anyone know how the OOS waitlist moves?

IS non traditional accepted!!! I am SO thrilled and cannot believe this!!!

What is vet prep? Is that something you apply for separately or just w the regular app? I dont remember seeing that on the application
They offer 10 seats to students that they think can succeed with phased acclimation to the DVM program. Basically it's an additional year where if you can maintain a 3.0 gpa at CSU, you are admitted to the next year's DVM class with in state tuition for the four years! They also give a scholarship to offset some of the extra year's costs. You don't apply for it but they select a few students who fill out the "Special Circumstances" portion of the supplemental application. I was really hoping to be picked but did not want to get my hopes up as it's very limited!

If you're curious, google "CSU Vet Prep" and a few articles/a handout from CSU come up with more information! I do fall under every category they list as disadvantaged (economic, cultural, educational, etc) but have a substantial application otherwise-- 10,000+ hours in specialty medicine, last two years were straight A's at a full time pace/full time work, but I failed roughly 1.5 years of undergrad due to extenuating circumstances. I really hope that next cycle, someone reads this information and can benefit from it. I'm open to talk to future cycles about my stats, just DM me. Last cycle, I was outright rejected from 8 schools and this cycle I interviewed at 3 different schools.

Sorry to rant, this is just the kind of information I wanted someone to post when I was reading old threads the past two cycles.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
They offer less than 10 seats to disadvantaged students that they think can succeed with phased acclimation to the DVM program. Basically it's an additional year where if you can maintain a 3.0 gpa at CSU, you are admitted to the next year's DVM class. If you maintain a 3.0 gpa you get to be in the DVM class with in state tuition for the four years! They also give a scholarship to offset some of the extra year's costs. You don't apply for it but they select a few students who fill out the "Special Circumstances" portion of the supplemental application. I was really hoping to be picked but did not want to get my hopes up as it's very limited!

If you're curious, google "CSU Vet Prep" and a few articles/a handout from CSU come up with more information! I do fall under every category they list as disadvantaged (economic, cultural, educational, etc) but have a substantial application otherwise-- 10,000+ hours in specialty medicine, last two years were straight A's at a full time pace/full time work, but I failed roughly 1.5 years of undergrad due to extenuating circumstances. I really hope that next cycle, someone reads this information and can benefit from it. I'm open to talk to future cycles about my stats, just DM me. Last cycle, I was outright rejected from 8 schools and this cycle I interviewed at 3 different schools.

Sorry to rant, this is just the kind of information I wanted someone to post when I was reading old threads the past two cycles.
Thanks for the info!! And good luck with CSU if you go there, congrats!!!

OOS rejection, 2nd cycle. I really wish these schools still did individual file reviews. The generalized ones don't really help. Good luck to everyone else, hope you get some good news!
I would try to set up a DVM admissions advising session through their website. I'm not entirely sure if they will do this for non-CSU students, but I did this when I was in my masters there and it was really helpful. Doesn't hurt to ask!

25 year old non-traditional IS rejection. Those who got in on their second and third tries are giving me hope though, I am stoked for you guys. To those applicable: see you here next year! šŸ‘Š

OOS (non-sponsored) Alternate! Kind of shocked - was rejected last year - so better news lol! Does anyone know how the OOS waitlist moves?
I am also curious about this! OOS alternate as well, my first cycle applying and this is the first school Iā€™ve heard back from.

Did anyone see this today after they got rejected?

RETURN TO POOL: After being reviewed in the Early Academic Review admissions process, your application has been forwarded to the regular admissions process. We hope to notify Nonsponsored and Colorado candidates of the outcome of the regular admissions process by early-mid January. If you also applied for consideration in the Food Animal Career Incentive Program (FAVCIP), your FAVCIP essay and credentials will be evaluated in parallel with the regular admissions process.

And did anyone get rejected on the portal but never got an email?

Did anyone see this today after they got rejected?

RETURN TO POOL: After being reviewed in the Early Academic Review admissions process, your application has been forwarded to the regular admissions process. We hope to notify Nonsponsored and Colorado candidates of the outcome of the regular admissions process by early-mid January. If you also applied for consideration in the Food Animal Career Incentive Program (FAVCIP), your FAVCIP essay and credentials will be evaluated in parallel with the regular admissions process.

And did anyone get rejected on the portal but never got an email?
Colorado does an early academic review for candidates that have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or lower. This means that you underwent this review and your application was then moved into the regular admissions pool before they sent out status updates.

Colorado does an early academic review for candidates that have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or lower. This means that you underwent this review and your application was then moved into the regular admissions pool before they sent out status updates.
My GPA is 3.91

OOS (non-sponored) alternate! It's my first time applying and I've already been rejected by three schools, so I'll take it. Curious to know what stats are for acceptance off the alternate list. Anybody know the process?

Hi! Does anyone have any insight on how likely it is to get off the waitlist as an OOS student? I also got accepted to USyd and their program starts at the end of this upcoming Feb so I'm stressing out lol

Hi! Does anyone have any insight on how likely it is to get off the waitlist as an OOS student? I also got accepted to USyd and their program starts at the end of this upcoming Feb so I'm stressing out lol
Unfortunately, itā€™s pretty unlikely the waitlist will move much before April 15th :( but the chances are not 0%!

Until an official group is made, thereā€™s a discord for the DVM class of 2026:

Any current OOS CMV students here successfully applied for residency after 1 year?
Is that an option at CSU?

I am
Vet prep accepted! Not sure if I should go tho, I got accepted at Oregon state and makes me nervous to reject a school that already accepted me, but Colorado is so much closer ugh I donā€™t know
in the Vet Prep program! let me know if you have any questions I am happy to help!

Any current students available to answer a couple of questions?

1) Anyone from the east coast? How was the transition living in CO?
2) What neighborhoods do most students live in? When is the best time to start looking for housing?

Hello everyone! I was accepted into SGU CVM, invited for an interview at the University of Minnesota, waiting on Iowa State and University of Wisconsin, but I was also accepted into the CSU VetPrep program to start this Fall of 2022.

However, Iā€™m also still in the non-sponsored alternate list for CSU. Does this mean that although I was invited to the VetPrep program (I already accepted), does this mean that Iā€™m still in the non- sponsored alternate list (waiting list)?

Also, Iā€™ve been emailing Dr. DelCambre with many questions and all have been answeredšŸ˜Š

However, I would like to know from a current VetPrep CSU student. I feel that maintaining a 3.0 cumulative is absolutely achievable in order to automatically be admitted to the DVM program starting Fall of 2023.

1. How are the professors during the 1st year of VetPrep?

2. Are the professors and admin really supportive of the VetPrep students?

3. Any resources that may guide the VetPrep student into preparing for vetschool?

4. As far as you know, how many of the VetPrep students donā€™t make it through that year?

Much appreciate your time to answer my questions. I already accepted the offer, but if any of the other Midwest colleges give me an offer, I may reconsider. I love Colorado, and I fell in love with Colorado when my wife and I went to visit our best friend in Vail, CO.

Best,

Doug Chamroeun

Attachments

• 3242D3A6-0142-47BB-B546-7D77801693A8.png
    3242D3A6-0142-47BB-B546-7D77801693A8.png
    241.8 KB · Views: 130
  • 108D2F45-A35D-4219-8217-F3A77E685D78.png
    108D2F45-A35D-4219-8217-F3A77E685D78.png
    227.8 KB · Views: 135
Hello everyone! I was accepted into SGU CVM, invited for an interview at the University of Minnesota, waiting on Iowa State and University of Wisconsin, but I was also accepted into the CSU VetPrep program to start this Fall of 2022.

However, Iā€™m also still in the non-sponsored alternate list for CSU. Does this mean that although I was invited to the VetPrep program (I already accepted), does this mean that Iā€™m still in the non- sponsored alternate list (waiting list)?

Also, Iā€™ve been emailing Dr. DelCambre with many questions and all have been answeredšŸ˜Š

However, I would like to know from a current VetPrep CSU student. I feel that maintaining a 3.0 cumulative is absolutely achievable in order to automatically be admitted to the DVM program starting Fall of 2023.

1. How are the professors during the 1st year of VetPrep?

2. Are the professors and admin really supportive of the VetPrep students?

3. Any resources that may guide the VetPrep student into preparing for vetschool?

4. As far as you know, how many of the VetPrep students donā€™t make it through that year?

Much appreciate your time to answer my questions. I already accepted the offer, but if any of the other Midwest colleges give me an offer, I may reconsider. I love Colorado, and I fell in love with Colorado when my wife and I went to visit our best friend in Vail, CO.

Best,

Doug Chamroeun
Interested in these answers as well!

I am on the same boat. Don't know which is best. Do an extra year and save some money on tuition, or graduate early and start working!

Does anyone know if the alternate list moves quickly or at all? Just nervous haha.

Have any accepted/waitlisted students received the registration email for the CSU Veterinary Showcase on 2/19? I've only received the save the date email so far. Thanks!

Have any accepted/waitlisted students received the registration email for the CSU Veterinary Showcase on 2/19? I've only received the save the date email so far. Thanks!
I've just received the save the date!

Alternate here, no save the date email received!

Im an OOS alternate and I have also only received the save the date sent on 1/13

Iā€™m accepted and have only received the initial email, no registration!

I just got the email to register for the CSU Veterinary Program Showcase on 2/19/22

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats on your acceptance everyone! I am a current 4th year and love CSU. If anyone is looking for a small studio apartment close to campus, let me know! No dogs but cats are allowed.