Cooking Challenge v3.0: Olympics

Started by Trilt
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Meats, cheese, nuts, grapes/fruits, olives, fancy crackers/toasts, sometimes jams/marmalades that pair with the above. Anything you might see on a cheese plate or sampler plate at a fancy restaurant. That's my interpretation anyway!
For example... my vegetarian charcuterie was basically just a cheese plate. 😛

R19UtpA.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Somewhat sad attempt, but here it is:
View attachment 221905

Looks fancier on a plate. It's basically a 'grown up Lunchable', haha! I saw it at the store this week and had to get it.
View attachment 221906
Ooooh I love those!

I love Winston in the background. "I'm not begging, I swear. I'm... I'm just here in case you want to give me anything. You know... me- Winston- your favorite pup. I'll just wait here... just in case. No pressure though, lemme know."
 
"I'm not begging, I swear. I'm... I'm just here in case you want to give me anything. You know... me...your favorite pup. I'll just wait here... just in case. No pressure though, lemme know."
With the IBD he hasn't gotten human food in over 18 months. But he has never forgotten that once upon a time he did get tablescraps and he is ever hopeful. Actually though, he's gotten better about begging and really only does it if something smells especially good. And he's never been an annoying beggar...he just sits there and stares.
 
Ooooh I love those!

I love Winston in the background. "I'm not begging, I swear. I'm... I'm just here in case you want to give me anything. You know... me- Winston- your favorite pup. I'll just wait here... just in case. No pressure though, lemme know."


I like them too I just wish they were cheaper! I get them occasionally but it's hard to justify when deli cheese/meat, bread/crackers, yogurt/fresh fruit, can deliver a weeks worth of lunches for like $11...When one of those Hillshire trays is $3 lol

A little unsure what to make of 'inspired by magic.' Hrmmmm
 
I like them too I just wish they were cheaper! I get them occasionally but it's hard to justify when deli cheese/meat, bread/crackers, yogurt/fresh fruit, can deliver a weeks worth of lunches for like $11...When one of those Hillshire trays is $3 lol

A little unsure what to make of 'inspired by magic.' Hrmmmm
I saw a Harry Potter cookbook in barnes & noble once!
 
I like them too I just wish they were cheaper! I get them occasionally but it's hard to justify when deli cheese/meat, bread/crackers, yogurt/fresh fruit, can deliver a weeks worth of lunches for like $11...When one of those Hillshire trays is $3 lol

A little unsure what to make of 'inspired by magic.' Hrmmmm
Exactly. But this was on theme so I splurged this once.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We ordered mexican at lunch. I ordered fajitas. They forgot my tortillas. 🙁 They also forgot someone else's whole meal though, so I guess I can't complain too much. I just ate my fajita meat, peppers, and onions on chips with queso.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Speaking of magic:
I made this pizza. All of it (except the herbs and a touch of cheddar). Pizza crust mixed in my bread machine. A pound of mozzarella hand pulled from goat milk today. Made a garlic Alfredo sauce from tonight's milk. Even made ricotta and an acid cheese (but that will go with crackers).

It is delicious and I kinda pulled it out of thin air!
20170803_224537.jpg
 
Speaking of magic:
I made this pizza. All of it (except the herbs and a touch of cheddar). Pizza crust mixed in my bread machine. A pound of mozzarella hand pulled from goat milk today. Made a garlic Alfredo sauce from tonight's milk. Even made ricotta and an acid cheese (but that will go with crackers).

It is delicious and I kinda pulled it out of thin air!View attachment 222158
Looks super yummy!!!!!
 
Floofy orange cat photo please?
It's actually @bjeh's kitty that is finally being mailed to me after months of waiting 😉

View attachment 222132 View attachment 222133 My cats are all packed up and ready for the move.

oh good!!!!!!!! you're finally shipping one to me!!!!!!! I'll be waiting for him. My address is 1234 Internet Street. THANKS

He'll be there in 3-5 days. Good luck!

wonderful!! thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Salad week?

Flank steak was on sale at the store this weekend. So tonight instead of regular fajitas I made it into a fajita salad. Romaine and green leaf lettuces I cut up and mixed together, small amount of cheese, a drizzle of a homemade ranch dressing, and onions, bell pepper, and the flank steak that I cooked on a grill pan. Was good, and I only missed the tortilla component a little bit.

IMG_8441.JPG
 
I made this: Super Fresh Cucumber Salad - Budget Bytes earlier in the week.
I wasn't sure about the red onions since I don't generally like them much, but put them in since I had them from my CSA box (along with a glut of cukes) and they claimed icewater would mellow their flavor. Wrong. They have largely ruined the salad for me. No photos since my big bowl of salad is 4 days old and a little soggy. Would eat again minus onions (probably).