Cornell 2025-2026 (c/o 2030 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, does anyone want a roommate for just June and July? I was accepted into the summer research program and just need a 2 month sublet! 🙂
Hi! I'm currently an undergraduate at Cornell, and I will also be attending CVM in the fall! I'm going home over the summer, but my lease on my current apartment will end August 1st, so my apartment will be unoccupied for June and July. It is a 1-bed, 1-bath in the heart of Collegetown. I'd totally be willing to sublet! Feel free to reach out to me over direct message for more details if it seems like something you'd be interested in.
 
I am currently taking Physics II at my local community college, but my car broke down, and I can't get to the lab section in person. I emailed the admissions office early last week, but haven't heard anything and am lowkey panicking. I asked if I could get an exception to do the online version, but I don't see any other way to complete the prereq. Does anyone have any thoughts if they would accept the alternative or any solutions?
See if any of the UC Berkeley or UCSD online classes work for you? I'm in an online physics 2 at my local community college and it's fine for UC Davis
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently taking Physics II at my local community college, but my car broke down, and I can't get to the lab section in person. I emailed the admissions office early last week, but haven't heard anything and am lowkey panicking. I asked if I could get an exception to do the online version, but I don't see any other way to complete the prereq. Does anyone have any thoughts if they would accept the alternative or any solutions?
Hi you have to take in person physics, they won't except online labs!
 
Any ideas on OOS waitlist movement?
I heard Cornell waitlist doesn’t move much… Is that true?
I was waitlisted last cycle and never pulled off. On May 7th they emailed us to let us know the class was full (though there is always a chance a seat opens up if someone backs out). I don't think they have significant waitlist movement, but hard to say this year with the BBB stuff.
 
I was waitlisted last cycle and never pulled off. On May 7th they emailed us to let us know the class was full (though there is always a chance a seat opens up if someone backs out). I don't think they have significant waitlist movement, but hard to say this year with the BBB stuff.
Did they ever tell you where you are in the waitlist?
 
Just wanted to put it out there for people considering Cornell, if anyone is looking for affordable housing the Omega Tau Sigma house has openings and the application closes in a few days rent works out to around $400 ish a month. Congrats on getting in!
 
Hi! Does anyone have information about how the fourth year clinical rotations work? Are the majority of them at Cornell? What is the flexibility for learning opportunities/ rotations outside of Cornell?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got pulled off the waitlist for my in-state school, so I will be declining my OOS seat! Best of luck to those still on the waitlist!!!
 
Hi! Does anyone have information about how the fourth year clinical rotations work? Are the majority of them at Cornell? What is the flexibility for learning opportunities/ rotations outside of Cornell?
Hi! There are 13 core rotations that every student must do and these are all at Cornell. You then choose a pathway that has 7 more rotations that are at Cornell. However, there is more flexibility for the pathway rotations and you can change them to other external opportunities or other electives at Cornell. There are then 3 rotations of electives that you can do at Cornell or anywhere you want! There is a lot of flexibility for clinical rotations and you will get so much more information about it as you progress through the curriculum. There are also opportunities to do externships throughout all your years at different places!