Cornell 2025-2026 (c/o 2030 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone planning on declining their OOS seat?
TBD🙁 Cornell would be AMAZING for me- but I didn't realize I would never qualify for IS tuiton. I could possibly (maybe delusionally) justify spending 100k more on tuition at a place I would be happier at compared to IS, but almost 300k a year is quite literally insane😀 Maybe financial aid will pop off, but I def have doubts 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, apparently it was a highly competitive year with 9,000 applicants and only about 128 seats!
9,000? that would be the most out of any school in history. CSU, Cornell and UAZ were the most applied to schools this cycle in that order and CSU has over 3,000 a year and UAZ reported to have had 2,541 applicants. Which means Cornell would have had to be around the 2.8-3k mark.

In 2025, there was 12,000 total vet school applicants according to the AAVMC. I don’t believe it’s possible Cornell received 9,000 vet school applicants this year?
 
Last edited:
Yes, apparently it was a highly competitive year with 9,000 applicants and only about 128 seats!
Did they actually say they received 9000 applications? Not that it really matters but curious. I think the entire applicant pool is somewhere around 12k right now, and even CSU is getting 'only' 3k-ish apps considering they are one of the most popular schools.

ETA: @vampyrica beating me to the punch lol

ETA x2 = Cornell got just under 2k applications in the most recent data so I think the 9000 is either a typo or a rumor of some sort (Public Data - AAVMC)
 
Did they actually say they received 9000 applications? Not that it really matters but curious. I think the entire applicant pool is somewhere around 12k right now, and even CSU is getting 'only' 3k-ish apps considering they are one of the most popular schools.

ETA: @vampyrica beating me to the punch lol
hi pp!! 😍 hahaha
 
9,000? that would be the most out of any school in history. CSU, Cornell and UAZ were the most applied to schools this cycle in that order and CSU has over 3,000 a year and UAZ reported to have had 2,541 applicants. Which means Cornell would have had to be around the 2.8-3k mark.

In 2025, there was 12,000 total vet school applicants according to the AAVMC. I don’t believe it’s possible Cornell received 9,000 vet school applicants this year?
Did they actually say they received 9000 applications? Not that it really matters but curious. I think the entire applicant pool is somewhere around 12k right now, and even CSU is getting 'only' 3k-ish apps considering they are one of the most popular schools.

ETA: @vampyrica beating me to the punch lol

ETA x2 = Cornell got just under 2k applications in the most recent data so I think the 9000 is either a typo or a rumor of some sort (Public Data - AAVMC)
you both beat the resident stats nerd to this lol
 
9,000? that would be the most out of any school in history. CSU, Cornell and UAZ were the most applied to schools this cycle in that order and CSU has over 3,000 a year and UAZ reported to have had 2,541 applicants. Which means Cornell would have had to be around the 2.8-3k mark.

In 2025, there was 12,000 total vet school applicants according to the AAVMC. I don’t believe it’s possible Cornell received 9,000 vet school applicants this year?
I mean that’s what I was told by the professor that called me plus the acceptance letter says it was a highly competitive year so 🤷🏼‍♀️
 
Last edited:
I mean that’s what I was told by the professor that called me plus the acceptance letter says it was a highly competitive year so 🤷🏼‍♀️
every acceptance letter will say it was highly competitive, because it is. there is just no way 75% of vet school applicants applied to Cornell. 2,800-3,000 i can believe. but 9?? when CSU *the* most applied to school got 3.1k last cycle? there’s an error somewhere
 
Is it allowing anyone to open the Dean's Certification PDF? Every time I try, it redirects me back to the login page. I think someone brought this up already but I can't find the thread
 
Is it allowing anyone to open the Dean's Certification PDF? Every time I try, it redirects me back to the login page. I think someone brought this up already but I can't find the thread
I just logged onto the portal and it’s still blank for me too. I emailed them yesterday afternoon and got an auto-reply saying they’re experiencing a high volume of emails and will respond within 3 business days.

That said, I noticed two new forms showed up on my portal today: the “Dean’s Certification” form and the “Your Response” form. But when I click on the Dean’s Certification form, it opens a new page, asks me to sign in again, and then just redirects me back to the home page without showing the form.

Also, when I tried to pay the deposit to accept the offer, I entered my card info and got an error message that stopped me from submitting the payment.

Yes! The issues I mentioned with both the “Your Response” form and the "Dean's Certification" form have now been resolved at least on my end. The financial aid page currently shows a "link coming soon" message, so it looks like they’re still working on that part.
 
Yes! The issues I mentioned with both the “Your Response” form and the "Dean's Certification" form have now been resolved at least on my end. The financial aid page currently shows a "link coming soon" message, so it looks like they’re still working on that part.
Both are working for me as well now! That said, I'm not seeing a financial aid page anywhere... Is it on the applicant dashboard or did you look elsewhere?
 
Both are working for me as well now! That said, I'm not seeing a financial aid page anywhere... Is it on the applicant dashboard or did you look elsewhere?
There’s a link in the offer letter that takes you to the financial aid page. From there, you’ll find a link to the financial aid portal. People mentioned that once they logged in, the portal was blank. But now on the financial aid page, it says “link coming soon” for the portal. Hopefully that clears things up a bit!
 
There’s a link in the offer letter that takes you to the financial aid page. From there, you’ll find a link to the financial aid portal. People mentioned that once they logged in, the portal was blank. But now on the financial aid page, it says “link coming soon” for the portal. Hopefully that clears things up a bit!
I see it now, thank you!
 
Got an email about the financial aid forms. Does anyone know if we get the financial aid offers quickly after filling out the forms, or does all financial aid come out after the Feb 28 deadline?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the Student Survey of Personal Attributes, are y'all filling out/adding comments? It seems like the survey is mostly to help with writing the essay, but I'm not sure if I should be adding more to the survey as well
 
Got an email about the financial aid forms. Does anyone know if we get the financial aid offers quickly after filling out the forms, or does all financial aid come out after the Feb 28 deadline?
Last year I received my financial aid offer after the deadline (I think even closer to the end of March) despite finishing the forms weeks before the deadline
 
I'm going 2/20 and coming from FL with my mom! Anyone else bringing a guest with them? I wasn't sure what the vibe was, but my mom is so excited for me and wants to come 🙂

Edit: Wish I could have 2 guests because my boyfriend would be moving with me if I end up at Cornell.
 
I'm going 2/20 and coming from FL with my mom! Anyone else bringing a guest with them? I wasn't sure what the vibe was, but my mom is so excited for me and wants to come 🙂

Edit: Wish I could have 2 guests because my boyfriend would be moving with me if I end up at Cornell.
my mom is coming with me
 
I'm going 2/20 and coming from FL with my mom! Anyone else bringing a guest with them? I wasn't sure what the vibe was, but my mom is so excited for me and wants to come 🙂

Edit: Wish I could have 2 guests because my boyfriend would be moving with me if I end up at Cornell.
I'm bringing my partner with me. My parents live in Boston so they might drive up just to walk around Ithaca but not actually go to the presentations.
 
Is anyone else filling out the CSS profile and having truly the worst time? Or is it just me.
I'm waiting to finish it until the info session for admitted students bc like?? It's so weird to me that you can't bypass parent info unless they're deceased. A lot of people come from non-traditional routes where parents/guardians haven't been a financial factor for years and years, and it sucks when their financial standing seems to still affect the aid available for the students actually paying for it🙁
 
I'm waiting to finish it until the info session for admitted students bc like?? It's so weird to me that you can't bypass parent info unless they're deceased. A lot of people come from non-traditional routes where parents/guardians haven't been a financial factor for years and years, and it sucks when their financial standing seems to still affect the aid available for the students actually paying for it🙁
Doing it for Tufts just in case, because its due today (even though they haven't released any decisions 🙂 )
Also maybe this should have been expected, but you have to PAY FOR THE CSS PROFILE!
 
I'm waiting to finish it until the info session for admitted students bc like?? It's so weird to me that you can't bypass parent info unless they're deceased. A lot of people come from non-traditional routes where parents/guardians haven't been a financial factor for years and years, and it sucks when their financial standing seems to still affect the aid available for the students actually paying for it🙁
yeah my parents aren't contributing at all(and why would they tbh), and though Cornell is my dream I think I'll have to decline my spot due to high costs
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone else filling out the CSS profile and having truly the worst time? Or is it just me.

I'm waiting to finish it until the info session for admitted students bc like?? It's so weird to me that you can't bypass parent info unless they're deceased. A lot of people come from non-traditional routes where parents/guardians haven't been a financial factor for years and years, and it sucks when their financial standing seems to still affect the aid available for the students actually paying for it🙁

yeah my parents aren't contributing at all(and why would they tbh), and though Cornell is my dream I think I'll have to decline my spot due to high costs
Yes the CSS was a pain. I genuinely almost cried when the payment page came up after all of that. I just did it for Tufts/Cornell. Tufts lets you fill out a waiver to ignore the parent info BUT you have to have been estranged from them or independent of them for at least 5 years and get something to prove it. My parents don't plan to help me pay, and Cornell would be a dream as well. Still waiting on my in-state interview and decision, but if I get in-state admission, the smartest choice will be to go there. I don't have a decision right now, but the potential decision ahead of me is eating me alive.
 
Do we need to send AP scores if all our courses are verified? I sent them when I applied for undergrad and used chemistry 1 and 2 and physics 1 as AP pre reqs.
 
How was the Accepted Students day for those who went today?
It was so good!!! Very very long day… but very informative and a lot of fun. The highlight of the day for me was the problem based learning (PBL) mock session. It really solidified that I’m used to that kind of learning from my undergrad, and really enjoy/excel in those environments. As an OOS student, ngl financial aid was a little discouraging when I already got into UC Davis who is half the price… but I’m definitely not counting them out considering what a good fit I think they’d be until I get their financial aid offer + see how Davis’s admitted students day goes
 
It was so good!!! Very very long day… but very informative and a lot of fun. The highlight of the day for me was the problem based learning (PBL) mock session. It really solidified that I’m used to that kind of learning from my undergrad, and really enjoy/excel in those environments. As an OOS student, ngl financial aid was a little discouraging when I already got into UC Davis who is half the price… but I’m definitely not counting them out considering what a good fit I think they’d be until I get their financial aid offer + see how Davis’s admitted students day goes
This is really good to know! Thank you, and wishing you good luck with your decision making 🙂 No bad choice!
 
OOS waitlist here! Wondering if anyone plans on declining their spot since a few more schools have released decisions!! Just trying to weigh options 🙂
 
OOS waitlist here! Wondering if anyone plans on declining their spot since a few more schools have released decisions!! Just trying to weigh options 🙂
I'm waiting for my IS decision still. Finances play a huge role but I am considering Cornell fairly until then. I have a feeling a lot will decline before April 15 so your chances are good!!
 
I'm waiting to finish it until the info session for admitted students bc like?? It's so weird to me that you can't bypass parent info unless they're deceased. A lot of people come from non-traditional routes where parents/guardians haven't been a financial factor for years and years, and it sucks when their financial standing seems to still affect the aid available for the students actually paying for it🙁
Did anyone attending the 1/30 info session ask about the CSS parent info?
 
Did anyone attending the 1/30 info session ask about the CSS parent info?
Yup.. I've been financially independent since I was ~14 and even spoke with the head of financial aid directly in person. She said if you do not or cannot provide at least one parent's info, you will not be eligible for gift aid, no matter the circumstances (unless all parents and guardians are deceased). She said most people are financially independent by grad school, and if they based financial aid on every student's assets, they'd all be equally disadvantaged, so they "have" to use parental data. Personally, I hated that answer lol. Someone who is only just now having to start paying for themselves is not the same as someone who has been financially independent for 8 yrs.

But if that's what you're wondering, yes. You *have* to submit a CSS profile if you want any consideration for gift aid.
 
Yup.. I've been financially independent since I was ~14 and even spoke with the head of financial aid directly in person. She said if you do not or cannot provide at least one parent's info, you will not be eligible for gift aid, no matter the circumstances (unless all parents and guardians are deceased). She said most people are financially independent by grad school, and if they based financial aid on every student's assets, they'd all be equally disadvantaged, so they "have" to use parental data. Personally, I hated that answer lol. Someone who is only just now having to start paying for themselves is not the same as someone who has been financially independent for 8 yrs.

But if that's what you're wondering, yes. You *have* to submit a CSS profile if you want any consideration for gift aid.
Thanks for asking!! But ugh... same, I've also been independent for a long time, and idk if my parents are going to understand why I am asking for their financial records since it has been so long
 
Anyone having trouble getting Cornell to respond to you via email? My institution claims they sent the Dean's Cert Form and I wanted to check if they received it. No answer even after followup and nothing in the portal indicates they received it.
 
Anyone having trouble getting Cornell to respond to you via email? My institution claims they sent the Dean's Cert Form and I wanted to check if they received it. No answer even after followup and nothing in the portal indicates they received it.
me too! Haven't gotten a response to an email from last week. I wanted to double check whether the Dean's Cert Form can be emailed and not physically mailed.
 
The Dean’s Cert Form can be emailed or physically mailed! Just make sure it’s addressed directly to the admissions email or address. I emailed them a few weeks ago and confirmed.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad