Cornell Applicants c/o 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know I'm not the only one but all I want for christmas is an acceptance phone call from Cornell! Only 1 more week! :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I haven't been on here for awhile but I know it's time for those acceptances to start coming in! Last year Dean Smith started calling people on January 2nd. Good luck everyone, can't wait to meet the incoming class! Feel free to PM me with any questions about anything Cornell CVM related! (I'm a current first year) :)

Hey I haven't been on here for awhile but I know it's time for those acceptances to start coming in! Last year Dean Smith started calling people on January 2nd. Good luck everyone, can't wait to meet the incoming class! Feel free to PM me with any questions about anything Cornell CVM related! (I'm a current first year) :)

Thanks a lot elizabeth!!

Anyone else going nuts waiting? I had a dream I got in and was celebrating until my alarm woke me in a state of confusion. Then I got sad it was just a dream :(

File footage of a stressed-out applicant (courtesy of Airplane!):

[YOUTUBE]qvPugcb7QGE[/YOUTUBE]

I suggest going to the movies/doing something relaxing in the meantime. No use stressing over things you can't control now.

File footage of a stressed-out applicant (courtesy of Airplane!):]

I suggest going to the movies/doing something relaxing in the meantime. No use stressing over things you can't control now.

Too funny! That's probably what my bf wants to do whenever I start going crazy. Dim sum buffet to calm the nerves!!! :)

TWO MORE DAYS. I'm so excited and manic, not sure if it's dread or joy or the large coffee I just chugged. Yay ER and constantly being confused about what day it is because you're awake during the date change. Good luck everyone. I hope to meet some of you, no ALL of you at ACCEPTED STUDENT DAY.:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

I take it that we shouldn't expect anything on new year's day, though that won't prevent me from keeping my phone with me just in case...

Members don't see this ad :)
It is insane to expect a call on New Years Day, and likewise I will be carrying my phone regardless.

I'm so nervous. As an OOS applicant with an R last name, I doubt I would get a call tomorrow even if I am lucky enough to be accepted...I just hope the email gets sent out by Friday....It's really the fear of uncertainty that's driving me crazy.

Also so nervous as an OOS - eek. Tomorrow will be a long day...

I'm so nervous. As an OOS applicant with an R last name, I doubt I would get a call tomorrow even if I am lucky enough to be accepted...I just hope the email gets sent out by Friday....It's really the fear of uncertainty that's driving me crazy.

you really think they're gonna go in alphabetical order?? haha
i keep having dreams about the phone call!

I was looking at the 2016 thread and it seemed like they called IS before OOS and that they did it alphabetically. However, I'm not even sure they will do phone calls this year...Maybe they will just do emails? I guess we'll find out tomorrow. >_<

I was looking at the 2016 thread and it seemed like they called IS before OOS and that they did it alphabetically. However, I'm not even sure they will do phone calls this year...Maybe they will just do emails? I guess we'll find out tomorrow. >_<

Why is everyone thinking we'll find out tomorrow though? I thought they just gave a vague "early January"...

Why is everyone thinking we'll find out tomorrow though? I thought they just gave a vague "early January"...

Only because that's what they've consistently done for the past few cycles.

The wildcard this year is that there are only three days in the week, so I'm not sure if they'll wait until next Monday to start the routine.

Personally, if I get through the next 8 days without an aneurysm I'll chalk it up as a win. Good stuff.

Only because that's what they've consistently done for the past few cycles.

The wildcard this year is that there are only three days in the week, so I'm not sure if they'll wait until next Monday to start the routine.

Personally, if I get through the next 8 days without an aneurysm I'll chalk it up as a win. Good stuff.

oh i didn't realize they did it over a course of a few days...was it that they started with the accepted calls alphabetically IS and then OOS and once all of those calls were made, they sent out all of the e-mails?

This. I would LOVE to be accepted, but I just want to know either way lol

IS reporting in, phone calls are going out today!! Good luck everyone!

9:53am, just got the call from Jennifer Mailey. I GOT IN!!! :eek: :eek: :D :eek:

My hand are still shaking and I can't seem to stop crying... I cannot believe this. I just... no words. My brain has officially stopped working.

The call came from a blocked number and she said they would also be emailing the pin to check the status on the tracking page (as the newsletter explained). But it looks like the calls are happening before the emails!

Edit: I'm IS and my last name starts with "K"

Last edited:
Congratulations!

I'm OOS, last name A, waiting very anxiously!

9:53am, just got the call from Jennifer Mailey. I GOT IN!!! :eek: :eek: :D :eek:

My hand are still shaking and I can't seem to stop crying... I cannot believe this. I just... no words. My brain has officially stopped working.

The call came from a blocked number and she said they would also be emailing the pin to check the status on the tracking page (as the newsletter explained). But it looks like the calls are happening before the emails!

Edit: I'm IS and my last name starts with "K"

CONGRATS!! I'm OOS and waiting anxiously!

Do you mind sharing your stats (GPA/GRE/hours)?

IS reporting in, phone calls are going out today!! Good luck everyone!

CONGRATS blackcat13 and felinelvr44! That's excellent! Though you've both made my stomach drop and sent my heart racing! :scared::xf:

IS, last name "R"... still waiting anxiously!

I'm IS and my last name starts with "K"

Oh no. I'm IS with an "F" last name. :thumbdown:

Luckily, I've scheduled myself so that I'll be out all day today and tomorrow. My mind will need to be busy, because this sounds like bad news :scared:

Oh no. I'm IS with an "F" last name. :thumbdown:

Luckily, I've scheduled myself so that I'll be out all day today and tomorrow. My mind will need to be busy, because this sounds like bad news :scared:

:xf: for you too Goatmeister! Do they definitely go alphabetically?

:love: congratulations to all who received good news! The culmination fo al hard work is now unfolding for you!

Been silently stalking this page for quite a while, ahhh so nervous to hear! I want that call so bad it hurts, as I'm sure you can all relate. These next few days are going to be torture. :eek:
congrats to those that have heard already!

I'm also IS, starting with K, and I got a call! I honestly am worried that it was an elaborate hallucination. I need that confirmation e-mail NOW.

Been silently stalking this page for quite a while, ahhh so nervous to hear! I want that call so bad it hurts, as I'm sure you can all relate. These next few days are going to be torture. :eek: congrats to those that have heard already!

I can definitely relate. >_<

Congrats to those who have already been accepted!

Last edited:
Congrats to all who've gotten calls!!!!! I'm sure it's a long shot for me but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone else!!!!! :xf:

Can someone who has been accepted provide their stats? I'd love to know if I have a shot at this...

Investing in the SDN app feels like the worst thing I've done for myself on this particular day.... Someone take my phone away from me, please!

An OOS person posted in the acceptance thread that they just got an acceptance call from Cornell... Now I am freaking out, I thought OOS would hear tomorrow or Friday.... (Im OOS) :/

An OOS person posted in the acceptance thread that they just got an acceptance call from Cornell... Now I am freaking out, I thought OOS would hear tomorrow or Friday.... (Im OOS) :/

:scared: OMG OMG OMG :scared:

Also concerned...any idea if the dual program applicants get notified separately? Still trying to cling on to some hope...

:xf: for you too Goatmeister! Do they definitely go alphabetically?

Thanks :oops: I don't think we know for sure that they go alphabetically—it just makes sense that they would. You will hear no complaints from me if it turns out that they don't and I get that golden ticket phone call later :rolleyes:

Ahh I need to quit checking sdn and calm down...oos applicant starting with F.

My OOS friend just received her call... starting with "M"...:confused:\

There has to be more than one person doing these calls though...some may be slower than others?

My OOS friend just received her call... starting with "M"...:confused:\

There has to be more than one person doing these calls though...some may be slower than others?

I'm hoping this means they are mixing IS and OOS phone calls.....:xf::xf::xf:

Can someone who has been accepted provide their stats? I'd love to know if I have a shot at this...

Non-trad
GPA: 3.75 (last 45 is same)
GRE: Q154, V164, W5.0
Experience: ~800 hours
I felt my PS/short answer questions were really strong

Don't use my stats as the be-all-end-all because I've applied to six other schools and have heard NOTHING from any other school! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Non-trad
GPA: 3.75 (last 45 is same)
GRE: Q154, V164, W5.0
Experience: ~800 hours
I felt my PS/short answer questions were really strong

Don't use my stats as the be-all-end-all because I've applied to six other schools and have heard NOTHING from any other school! :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing! And congrats again on your AWESOME news!!!!

has anyone heard anything from the dual degree program yet? Congrats to everyone who has heard so far!

has anyone heard anything from the dual degree program yet? Congrats to everyone who has heard so far!

No, not yet. Still waiting...trying to hold off on being really bummed until I know for sure.