-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Cornell Applicants c/o 2017
Started by equineconstant
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Thanks for sharing! And congrats again on your AWESOME news!!!!
Thank you! I'm crossing my fingers for everyone that hasn't heard yet


Is everyone who has heard back so far from the east coast?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
12:18pm - Donald Smith called to give the good news! Woo-hoo!
IS, Last name "R" 🙂
Congrats to everyone else who has heard, and good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear!
IS, Last name "R" 🙂
Congrats to everyone else who has heard, and good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear!
12:18pm - Donald Smith called to give the good news! Woo-hoo!
IS, Last name "R" 🙂
Congrats to everyone else who has heard, and good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear!
Hahahah! So happy for you!!!!! This anxiety is killing me!!
Congratulations to all!! You've worked very hard. Now, go out and REALLY celebrate!
As for the rest of us... after reading those stats posted for the avg accepted applicant, I am more than prepared for my rejection 🙂 I'll accept it happily.
As for the rest of us... after reading those stats posted for the avg accepted applicant, I am more than prepared for my rejection 🙂 I'll accept it happily.
12:18pm - Donald Smith called to give the good news! Woo-hoo!
IS, Last name "R" 🙂
Congrats to everyone else who has heard, and good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear!
Congrats!!! Cat lovers unite! 😀
I just got the call! I GOT INTO VET SCHOOL!
Edit: I'm OOS, last name F, for those still waiting for a call.
Edit: I'm OOS, last name F, for those still waiting for a call.
Last edited:
Hahahah! So happy for you!!!!! This anxiety is killing me!!
Thanks!!!! I must have sounded completely ridiculous on the phone (total elated brain-freeze)!!!

I was super anxious since the first post at 10 am this morning, so I can relate! Crossing my fingers for you!
Leave yourself some fingernails!I just got the call! I GOT INTO VET SCHOOL!
Hi equine! Congratulations!!!! IS or OOS? whats the first letter of your last name? lol
Hi equine! Congratulations!!!! IS or OOS? whats the first letter of your last name? lol
Edited my post to add that. 😀
I just got the call! I GOT INTO VET SCHOOL!
Edit: I'm OOS, last name F, for those still waiting for a call.
Congrats!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got in this morning! IS call at 10:43 🙂
My brother just called me from an unknown number. Cruel. Be still, my heart.
My brother just called me from an unknown number. Cruel. Be still, my heart.
My friend did the same. Heart skipped a beat as I picked up and then he goes.. "what's up boo?" Then asked me why I was so disappointed he called haha

My friend did the same. Heart skipped a beat as I picked up and then he goes.. "what's up boo?" Then asked me why I was so disappointed he called haha![]()
Lol - the worst!
I'm going outside for a run... goodness...I'm OOS and I just got the call around 1:15 that I was accepted. My last name starts with 'S' and I'm in Florida if that helps.
Yayyyyy!!!
Yayyyyy!!!
I just got the call!!!! No word on the dual degree though...(I guess that means I am probably not being interviewed for the program)...BUT I AM IN TO MY FIRST VET SCHOOL
AAHHHHH this doesn't feel real
EDIT: OOS, L last name
This was my first acceptance too so I know how you feel!

Congrats everyone!
I got the call!! She called at 11! I'm IS!! So excited!
Congrats to everyone who got good news. I'm sure I will see some of you during accepted student visits. Everyone else needs to hang on as the process may bleed into tomorrow (remember that 102+ people are being made offers for 102 seats and that not everyone will accept. Take a deep breath.)
I just got my call earlier today at around 11:00 EST!!! Wooooo!!!!
Wow, I got in! I'm OOS, New Jersey resident, last name with an S. Unreal! Got the call around 12:30pm Eastern Time, missed it, and got a second call at 2:30 *facepalm* hahaa.
Good luck to everyone else, remember that being on the waitlist is awesome too, so don't assume its bad news just yet!
Good luck to everyone else, remember that being on the waitlist is awesome too, so don't assume its bad news just yet!
Congrats to everyone who has received a call so far! 😀 Still no call here.![]()
Ditto- doesn't look good, considering my friend got a call today and she lives in my state 🙁
So people are thinking that today is the only day they are calling?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
During my call the dean said the emails would be sent out tomorrow, so it seems like just today for calls. Unless maybe they call tomorrow morning before sending the emails?
During my call the dean said the emails would be sent out tomorrow
Same here - but maybe there were some calls they didn't get to today?
11:03am, Assistant Dean Kathy Edmondson called me!
I had to call back on my lunch break, but yep. And I'm IS.
I had to call back on my lunch break, but yep. And I'm IS.
OOS acceptance!
Did anyone start sobbing on the phone? I hope I wasn't the only one
Did anyone start sobbing on the phone? I hope I wasn't the only one
Congrats to everyone accepted!
I can't access my phone right now because I'm out of country, but if I were to miss the call, would they leave a message in my voice mail?
I can't access my phone right now because I'm out of country, but if I were to miss the call, would they leave a message in my voice mail?
Got the call at 10:06am today as I was walking through the gates of the Bronx zoo!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO ARE MY NEW CLASSMATES!!!! I'm pulling all my other apps as soon as I have the official letter, in IS so this is it!!! Good luck everyone!
So much anxiety until 11am today!!! Got the call!!! I'm IS last name starts with C. I also sounded like a fool on the phone! Good luck tomorrow everyone!!!!!!!
I sounded pretty foolish myself and kept imagining everyone else sounding composed so glad I was not alone!
I sounded pretty foolish myself and kept imagining everyone else sounding composed so glad I was not alone!
I went almost deaf and totally didn't hear what she was saying...I think I said something about "making my dream a reality" and she said "and all I had to do was pick up a phone!" hahaha
I went almost deaf and totally didn't hear what she was saying...I think I said something about "making my dream a reality" and she said "and all I had to do was pick up a phone!" hahaha
I had the dean, they must have split the calls. I was basically spluttering thank you's and could barely comprehend what was happening. It was like a slow mo scene from a movie.
Great job y'all 











So much anxiety until 11am today!!! Got the call!!! I'm IS last name starts with C. I also sounded like a fool on the phone! Good luck tomorrow everyone!!!!!!!
I sounded pretty foolish myself and kept imagining everyone else sounding composed so glad I was not alone!
I just kept trying not to laugh and didn't know what to say. I'm sure they get a lot of interesting reactions.

Congrats to everyone who got calls today! I'm excited for you guys!
In the mean time, I'm mentally preparing myself for a rejection email tomorrow and praying to be on the waitlist.
In the mean time, I'm mentally preparing myself for a rejection email tomorrow and praying to be on the waitlist.
.
Last edited:
Got the call at 10:06am today as I was walking through the gates of the Bronx zoo!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO ARE MY NEW CLASSMATES!!!! I'm pulling all my other apps as soon as I have the official letter, in IS so this is it!!! Good luck everyone!
*waves hands* me!

I'm 98% sure I will end up at Cornell. Another non-trad here and I've applied to a lot of the same places as you! (sorry if that's creepy, I just saw your post in the accepted stats thread). I'm not going to pull my other apps just yet because I think it will be interesting to see if I get offered an interview anywhere else but Cornell is my IS too and was absolutely my top choice!! I can't wait until we get the email tomorrow and info for the accepted students weekend.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In the mean time, I'm mentally preparing myself for a rejection email tomorrow and praying to be on the waitlist.
My sentiments exactly.
Thirded. I've already broken the "news" to my parents. I'd love good news, but I'd rather have the freedom to deal with a rejection email on my own terms.
Congrats to everyone who was accepted!
Thirded. I've already broken the "news" to my parents. I'd love good news, but I'd rather have the freedom to deal with a rejection email on my own terms.
Congrats to everyone who was accepted!
Same here but holding out some (very little) hope for the waitlist. Congratulations to everyone, y'all deserve it!!!
The excitement won't wane.
I think this is my body telling me, "This is the one" 😀 CAN'T wait to see the school and meet you all!
Best of luck to everyone tomorrow!!!!
I think this is my body telling me, "This is the one" 😀 CAN'T wait to see the school and meet you all!
Best of luck to everyone tomorrow!!!!
*waves hands* me!
I'm 98% sure I will end up at Cornell. Another non-trad here and I've applied to a lot of the same places as you! (sorry if that's creepy, I just saw your post in the accepted stats thread). I'm not going to pull my other apps just yet because I think it will be interesting to see if I get offered an interview anywhere else but Cornell is my IS too and was absolutely my top choice!! I can't wait until we get the email tomorrow and info for the accepted students weekend.
I was going to leave my name in the pot, but decided it was just uneeded stress. I'll see YOU at accepted students day!
Just got my email with the pin to view my decision letter online (for those still waiting)

