Cornell c/0 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Koala1010

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I hadn't seen one of these threads for Cornell yet and though I'd make one... especially as I slowly suffer through the supplemental app. I know there are more out there applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Oops... I hit the 0 (zero) instead of the o for the title.

has anyone had issues with eLORs from Cornell's supplement? Thank god we have until the 30th because I just sent my eLOR a reminder email since I noticed he did not submit yet, and he decides to let me know today that he never received anything!! I contacted admissions already since there's not a "resend" button like VMCAS has for Cornell's supplement. Anyway, has anyone else had a similar issue, or has any advice?

Members don't see this ad :)
I only used the VMCAs for recommendations so I will be no help with this one!

I am applying to Cornell as well! I have everything submitted, let the waiting game begin!

has anyone had issues with eLORs from Cornell's supplement? Thank god we have until the 30th because I just sent my eLOR a reminder email since I noticed he did not submit yet, and he decides to let me know today that he never received anything!! I contacted admissions already since there's not a "resend" button like VMCAS has for Cornell's supplement. Anyway, has anyone else had a similar issue, or has any advice?

They updated my eLORs from my VMCAS application! I think once you have everything verified through VMCAS, and they received your application, everything will update at once! I don't think Cornell sends their own e-mail out for that.. I think!

They updated my eLORs from my VMCAS application! I think once you have everything verified through VMCAS, and they received your application, everything will update at once! I don't think Cornell sends their own e-mail out for that.. I think!

They do if you're using Cornell's eLOR. I talked to them and got it resent though, so it's okay!

Hey everyone. I'm still working on their supplement. I know it's due soon and everything :) Nothing like a little bit of procrastinating. Does anyone have any advice on the essay portion?

heeeeeeeeeey, been looking for this thread for awhile :claps:

Reactions: 2 users
I wonder when we will hear back from them. Anyone have any idea?:)

Based off last year, it should be the first week of January

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Based off last year, it should be the first week of January

That's entirely too agonizing of a wait! D: I guess it's no different from UGA, though. I think UGA says they send out notification at the end of January, though, so that's even worse!

I've been in contact with Jen Mailey a few times, and she definitely said the first week of January decisions go out :) it's so close!

Does Cornell require fall transcripts?

their timeline says that all official transcripts need to be sent in by June 2016 that shows all coursework, including what was taken this school year

I wonder when we will hear back from them. Anyone have any idea?:)

They phone all their acceptances on the same day, usually first Monday after New Year's, starting at around 8am or so. If you are on the waitlist ("alternates") or if you get rejected, you get an email a few days later, and no phone call. Accepted students also get that email a few days later; it doesn't compromise your spot or anything if you miss the phone call.

It seems like January 4th may be the day this year!

I keep trying to find average GRE scores of accepted students online, but I really can't find anything. All of the scores that accepted people have posted in previous years are pretty high, but obviously those few people aren't the only ones accepted. My GRE scores are kind of my weakest point, they're not awful, but I'm so anxious that they are why I'm not going to get into Cornell, which is one of my top choices for schools because I think my learning style would do extremely well with PBL... I'm so anxious >.< January cannot come soon enough!!

I keep trying to find average GRE scores of accepted students online, but I really can't find anything. All of the scores that accepted people have posted in previous years are pretty high, but obviously those few people aren't the only ones accepted. My GRE scores are kind of my weakest point, they're not awful, but I'm so anxious that they are why I'm not going to get into Cornell, which is one of my top choices for schools because I think my learning style would do extremely well with PBL... I'm so anxious >.< January cannot come soon enough!!

The percentile is really what you want to look at, because depending on who is taking the test at each testing date, your scores won't be exactly transferable (you're being compared to others who took the same test with you) - I think on average vet schools tell you to shoot for above 65-70% percentile. If you want to go by score, from Cornell's website, "Is there a minimum GRE score? Admissions Committees generally look for a combined Verbal and Quantitative score of 308 (1200 if you took the test prior to December 2011). If your scores are slightly lower, don’t panic; you still may be considered for admission based on strengths in other areas of your application." But of course, the rest of your application matters too! Just stay positive. Good luck :)

seriously, thank you so much for this. I'm above a 308, not by much, but I have a very competitive GPA. I was so anxious about the gre scores, but you just made me feel a lot better!

So I've been looking at the last few years threads, hopefully Monday is the big day.

Reactions: 4 users
I received a reply to my email today.

"We will be sending out a decision email around the second week of January."

Does this mean that phone calls will still occur during the first week of January and the emails will be sent out the week after? Or do you think everything has been pushed back to the second week of January?

Does this mean that phone calls will still occur during the first week of January and the emails will be sent out the week after? Or do you think everything has been pushed back to the second week of January?

They have always called right after New Years so you would think that it would be Monday, I don't know if I can wait another week..

Reactions: 1 users
today is just going to be the slowest day ever..

Reactions: 5 users
They have always called right after New Years so you would think that it would be Monday, I don't know if I can wait another week..

The emails will probably be at least a few days after the phone calls.

For the record, last year people were posting in the thread when they got called and there wasn't an order in terms of alphabet / in-state vs out-of-state etc, and they did break for lunch and then resume calling after lunch - in case anyone is worried on the day that they start calling. I did hear a rumor that they call in order of your "spot" number but I have nothing to back that up.

Reactions: 6 users
Hopefully tomorrow is the day good luck to everyone!!!

Reactions: 3 users
It's getting close! Good luck everyone! Fingers crossed for all of us!

Got the call!!!!!

Reactions: 7 users
I just got the call! :soexcited:Started crying immediately, of course . . . But the poor lady on the phone was very sweet and patient!

Reactions: 3 users
Silly question, but can someone either post or send me a message with the number they got called from? I just missed a phone call from 607 number and might have a heart attack if I dont know....

I was on a plane when they could have potentially called… did those accepted get an email as well as a call? Because my phone was on airplane mode, I wouldn't have been notified of a missed call.

nevermind they called back, I got in! heart attack!!!!!

Silly question, but can someone either post or send me a message with the number they got called from? I just missed a phone call from 607 number and might have a heart attack if I dont know....

My call came from a 607 number! I did not receive an email, but based on past threads I think the emails are sent out a few days after the calls.

Got the call an hour or so ago IS!!

Has anyone from the west coast received a call yet? Or do they call according to time zones, congrats to all who got calls!

I got the call, too! Congratulations, everyone! :) :)

If it matters at all, which I suspect it doesn't, I'm OOS and on the East Coast. The number showed up as restricted for me.

They did say they will be sending emails with more information in a few days, so if you miss your call, you should still be getting those, and you'll know even if they don't leave a voicemail.

Reactions: 2 users
I got the call at 11:16am. It showed up as private number.
Congrats to all potential classmates! :D

Reactions: 6 users
I got the acceptance call about 10 minutes ago. I am in state and the call showed up from a 516 Nassau county area code. I've got time off of work this weekend for an interview at Missouri but I'm so excited that I might just go up to Ithaca instead and check out the area.

Has anyone on the west coast received a call yet?

Does anyone know how late the phone calls usually will go until, still holding out hope haha!

Does anyone know how late the phone calls usually will go until, still holding out hope haha!
Last years thread someone got a call as late as 3pm...this waiting game is killing me :confused: