Cornell c/o 2024 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS accepted! I got the call at around 9:40

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They’re calling for OOS already, too. Just got the call!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
OOS accepted!! Call 9:12am MST

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I’m starting to get really nervous

Reactions: 6 users
Same, Cornell is my absolute dream school, and the one that I think would look most favorably on my stats, so I’m still trying to hold out hope!

This is agonizing. Cornell is my IS, #1 choice and my stomach is literally in knots right now

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck, all!

Remember, your worth or abilities as a future doctor is not tied in whether a school accepts you or not! Lots of highly qualified people apply who would make fantastic doctors. There just are not enough seats to take everyone.

If Cornell does not pick you this time, they may pick you next time!

Take it from this Cornell 3x reject (possibly 4x if I dont in again). That's 2x rejections for undergrad and possibly another 2x for vet school

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just wanted to remind everyone not to freak out if you don't get a call today. I didn't get mine until 6pm EST on the second day. Also, there is absolutely no particular order for the calls. I happened to get a call from a production animal vet who was at a meeting on the 2nd, so they didnt start their calls until the 3rd. Just didn't want everyone stressing/speculating like I did last year! Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Just wanted to remind everyone not to freak out if you don't get a call today. I didn't get mine until 6pm EST on the second day. Also, there is absolutely no particular order for the calls. I happened to get a call from a production animal vet who was at a meeting on the 2nd, so they didnt start their calls until the 3rd. Just didn't want everyone stressing/speculating like I did last year! Good luck!
Ah, so there are certain people that make the calls and those individuals are probably given a random list of people and can call at anytime over these 2 days?

Ah, so there are certain people that make the calls and those individuals are probably given a random list of people and can call at anytime over these 2 days?

Yes. I think it is just divided up and they just make the calls over the 2 days.

Reactions: 2 users
When you receive an acceptance call, would you guys mind posting what state you're from please? Thank you :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When you receive an acceptance call, would you guys mind posting what state you're from please? Thank you :)

I received mine this morning, and I live in Utah!

• Love
I can't detach myself from my phone. This is so agonizing

Reactions: 4 users
What happens if you miss your call? Cause I did and now Im nervous lol
If you don’t mind, what time did your call come (and what’s your state?) I’m sorry to bother, I’m just anxious lol....
Also someone earlier in the thread said they missed their call, but Cornell left a message. :D

If you don’t mind, what time did your call come (and what’s your state?) I’m sorry to bother, I’m just anxious lol....
Also someone earlier in the thread said they missed their call, but Cornell left a message. :D

I feel you! I’m at work (at a vet office) and feel like I’m constantly checking my phone

Got my call at 10AM in California (PST)! They left a voicemail saying to call back -- lol.

• Love
I'm getting more and more heartsick each minute

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Call came in 11:08 and I am from Canada (Ontario).

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I GOT A CALL FROM A TELEMARKETER AND IT ABOUT STOPPED MY HEART.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12 users
I GOT A CALL FROM A TELEMARKETER AND IT ABOUT STOPPED MY HEART.
Cornell is in the 607 area code, but I guess if they have multiple people calling its not guaranteed it will come from that area code.

• Love
Cornell is in the 607 area code, but I guess if they have multiple people calling its not guaranteed it will come from that area code.

was is an unkown caller or no???

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

IS - Nothing yet. :nailbiting: Dying to know!!
Kind of wish they would send everything out at once lol.

Reactions: 8 users
IS acceptance - from a 347 area code

• Love
I just received a phone call from a New York ZIP Code 914. Waiting to see if I got a voicemail or something

• Love
I just received a phone call from a New York ZIP Code 914. Waiting to see if I got a voicemail or something
They just wanted to give me heart palpitations- not Cornell/no voicemail

• Sad
Wow today was stressful. Hard to concentrate at work :(

Tomorrow is another day!

NJ - call at about 1 pm from 607 area code can’t wait to meet y’all!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Was away from my phone for over an hour and came back to a missed call and voicemail. It was my Dr office :(

• Sad
would anyone who's been accepted mind to share their stats?

Cum GPA: 3.55, Last 45: 3.79
GRE: 156 Q, 163 V, 4.5A

I think it was mostly my experiences that make me stand out. I really am passionate about research and want to pursue a career in lab animal medicine. I have a lot of animal care experience in different settings. Not a ton of vet experience but it was as a shelter surgical team volunteer so very hands on and reflective of the more difficult aspects of the career.

Are there any current Cornell students around that could describe what first year is like at Cornell as well as any unique aspects of the program as a whole that you think really makes Cornell stand out? Thank you!

Accepted students: would you mind sharing where you attended undergrad? I know Cornell considers the academic quality of the undergraduate program.

Cum GPA: 3.68, Last 45: 3.88
GRE: 166 Q, 168 V, 6 A

I am IS, and I go to Cornell for undergrad (if anyone has questions about Ithaca I'd be happy to answer them!)

Reactions: 1 user
Cum GPA: 3.68, Last 45: 3.88
GRE: 166 Q, 168 V, 6 A

I am IS, and I go to Cornell for undergrad (if anyone has questions about Ithaca I'd be happy to answer them!)
I am also Cornell undergrad and was wondering how you felt about spending another four years in ith lol