Cornell c/o 2024 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted students: would you mind sharing where you attended undergrad? I know Cornell considers the academic quality of the undergraduate program.

Weber State University in Utah

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Cum GPA: 3.55, Last 45: 3.79
GRE: 156 Q, 163 V, 4.5A

I think it was mostly my experiences that make me stand out. I really am passionate about research and want to pursue a career in lab animal medicine. I have a lot of animal care experience in different settings. Not a ton of vet experience but it was as a shelter surgical team volunteer so very hands on and reflective of the more difficult aspects of the career.
This gives me some hope to hear back today. I have over 5000 hours in research (it is my full time job - non traditional student) and grew up my whole life around horses. I don't have a ton of veterinary hours tho and my GRE scores aren't super impressive.

Members don't see this ad :)
This gives me some hope to hear back today. I have over 5000 hours in research (it is my full time job - non traditional student) and grew up my whole life around horses. I don't have a ton of veterinary hours tho and my GRE scores aren't super impressive.
Let me know how it goes! Rooting for you

Also, the person who called me said that they would be sending out an email today, so not to freak anyone out, but I think if you do not hear back by the end of today, you may be rejected or waitlisted.

Reactions: 2 users
Also, the person who called me said that they would be sending out an email today, so not to freak anyone out, but I think if you do not hear back by the end of today, you may be rejected or waitlisted.
Yeah, that's how they've done it in the past.

Please tell me this is still well known at your school

Haha it was definitely still popular when I first started college. Unfortunately it has died down as the years go by.... I had forgotten about it actually

Cornell just updated my portal (OOS acceptance call last night)

• Love
Just got an email to check my portal... OOS waitlisted. I’ll take it... better than a full rejection! (Plus I’ve already been accepted to another school, so it’s not the end of the world).

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email to check my portal... OOS waitlisted. I’ll take it... better than a full rejection! (Plus I’ve already been accepted to another school, so it’s not the end of the world).
i haven't gotten anything :cryi:

OOS waitlisted. Is there a way to know what number on the waitlist we are?

I was told I'm an alternate. What's the difference between that and waitlisted?

Nothing has changed on my tracking page and I haven’t received any emails. Has this happened to anyone else?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone gotten a rejection because now Im afraid that's what boat Im in because I haven't gotten an email and my tracking page hasn't updated :cryi:

Nothing has changed on my tracking page and I haven’t received any emails. Has this happened to anyone else?
Yes :cryi:
Edit: what does your last name start with?

I’m supposed to be at the gym right now but instead I’m sitting in my car panicking

• Sad
Does anyone know if there’s a way to tell where you are on the waitlist?

Does anyone know if they’ve made any phone calls today or if they finished yesterday?

[obsessively checks portal until the day I die]

Reactions: 2 users
Hahaha just when I posted that I got my decision email to check the portal.
IS rejected

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Where on the tracking page does it say you’ve been accepted/rejected/waitlisted?

Where on the tracking page does it say you’ve been accepted/rejected/waitlisted?

You get an email with your pin number and on the tracking page at the bottom there will be a box to put your pin number. It only appeared after I got the email.

IS rejected and my stats were similar to many accepted.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Rejected OOS

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

• Sad
IS rejection. Knew that was coming at this point. Really thought Cornell would appreciate my extensive research experience.

• Sad
IS rejection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad
Second time applicant. I got the email and thought here we go again. Opened and IM ON THE WAITLIST!?!?? Guys. I’m so excited!! T。T

• Love
Just some perspective for you guys since I know a lot of you are hurting and disappointed.

Cornell is my IS school and I also went there for undergrad. I applied 2 years in a row. 1st year I was rejected, second year I was waitlisted but never taken off. I ended up getting off of the waitlist at another school during that 2nd application cycle and going there. During my first year of vet school, I applied to transfer to Cornell Vet for my 2nd year. I got in and am now at Cornell, but I would’ve also been happy to stay at my first vet school.

My point being: don’t give up. Cornell is a great school but try your hardest to get into a school, ANY vet school and you’ll do fine. Also do file reviews everywhere you are rejected or waitlisted at! It’ll show you where you can improve if you have to do another application cycle.

• Love
OOS rejected got the email about 30 minutes ago. Oh well! Thankfully I have interviews To 4 other schools. CONGRATS to everyone who got in!! We will all get there :)

Reactions: 4 users
I know that this has been asked before, but is there a way to know what position you are on the waitlist? I'd prefer to have an idea so that I'm not agonizing until April.

Also, congrats to everyone who has been accepted! You all worked hard and deserve it :)