Cornell c/o 2024 Hopefuls

Started by vetwhaley
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cum GPA: 3.55, Last 45: 3.79
GRE: 156 Q, 163 V, 4.5A

I think it was mostly my experiences that make me stand out. I really am passionate about research and want to pursue a career in lab animal medicine. I have a lot of animal care experience in different settings. Not a ton of vet experience but it was as a shelter surgical team volunteer so very hands on and reflective of the more difficult aspects of the career.
This gives me some hope to hear back today. I have over 5000 hours in research (it is my full time job - non traditional student) and grew up my whole life around horses. I don't have a ton of veterinary hours tho and my GRE scores aren't super impressive.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This gives me some hope to hear back today. I have over 5000 hours in research (it is my full time job - non traditional student) and grew up my whole life around horses. I don't have a ton of veterinary hours tho and my GRE scores aren't super impressive.
Let me know how it goes! Rooting for you
 
Just got an email to check my portal... OOS waitlisted. I’ll take it... better than a full rejection! (Plus I’ve already been accepted to another school, so it’s not the end of the world).
i haven't gotten anything 😢
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone gotten a rejection because now Im afraid that's what boat Im in because I haven't gotten an email and my tracking page hasn't updated 😢
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just some perspective for you guys since I know a lot of you are hurting and disappointed.

Cornell is my IS school and I also went there for undergrad. I applied 2 years in a row. 1st year I was rejected, second year I was waitlisted but never taken off. I ended up getting off of the waitlist at another school during that 2nd application cycle and going there. During my first year of vet school, I applied to transfer to Cornell Vet for my 2nd year. I got in and am now at Cornell, but I would’ve also been happy to stay at my first vet school.

My point being: don’t give up. Cornell is a great school but try your hardest to get into a school, ANY vet school and you’ll do fine. Also do file reviews everywhere you are rejected or waitlisted at! It’ll show you where you can improve if you have to do another application cycle.
 
I know that this has been asked before, but is there a way to know what position you are on the waitlist? I'd prefer to have an idea so that I'm not agonizing until April.

Also, congrats to everyone who has been accepted! You all worked hard and deserve it 🙂