Cornell University c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
4 days until we might hear back about waitlist ????

Members don't see this ad.

Did we get a confirmation when we pay the deposit or only after it's processed? I accepted yesterday and paid but only got confirmation of the acceptance. I'm just anxious that the payment didn't go through or something

Members don't see this ad :)
waitlisters how we feeling? the suspense is killing me, i can’t stop checking my phone for updates😅

waitlisters how we feeling? the suspense is killing me, i can’t stop checking my phone for updates😅
My friend pulled from the waitlist last year said she was called first, not emailed. Even though i know this i also cant stop checking my phone!

Reactions: 1 user
My friend pulled from the waitlist last year said she was called first, not emailed. Even though i know this i also cant stop checking my phone!
I got told we can hear between now and end of May. But idk if we will hear if we dont get pulled off ? Idk how it works since they dont release rank. Like is it either you get pulled off or you don't hear back ?

I got told we can hear between now and end of May. But idk if we will hear if we dont get pulled off ? Idk how it works since they dont release rank. Like is it either you get pulled off or you don't hear back ?
I don't really know, I hope at a certain point they will email the people not pulled saying all the seats have been taken. My friend was pulled the day after the deadline (equivalent to today) so I don't think they would know. There may be info on last years forum???

On last years forum they said they got an email when the class was full in early May

On last years forum they said they got an email when the class was full in early May
I feel like no movement would be weird? maybe they’re just taking longer to get an idea of how many spots they have

I feel like no movement would be weird? maybe they’re just taking longer to get an idea of how many spots they have
What do you mean? It's only been 1 day, those offered have I think 24 to 48 to make a decision so it may just be moving slow. I also don't know if they would make calls over the weekend.

What do you mean? It's only been 1 day, those offered have I think 24 to 48 to make a decision so it may just be moving slow. I also don't know if they would make calls over the weekend.
I mean maybe they haven’t called anyone off the waitlist because for whatever reason it took longer to figure out how many spots they’d have open after decision day? idk i’m just trying to convince myself that there is still hope😂

I mean maybe they haven’t called anyone off the waitlist because for whatever reason it took longer to figure out how many spots they’d have open after decision day? idk i’m just trying to convince myself that there is still hope😂
Look at last years thread, its called cornell c/o 2024 hopefulls. People were called off in late april. Also remember that not everyone is on SDN. There's hope!

Members don't see this ad :)
Look at last years thread, its called cornell c/o 2024 hopefulls. People were called off in late april. Also remember that not everyone is on SDN. There's hope!
I appreciate your positivity!! I didn't get accepted anywhere this cycle, only waitlisted. Cornell is my dream tho🙃

I appreciate your positivity!! I didn't get accepted anywhere this cycle, only waitlisted. Cornell is my dream tho🙃
I'm sorry, I hope you get pulled! If you are OOS people at Cornell said the waitlist moves a bunch

How do you get to the thread. I searched in the search bar for it and found nothing.

How do you get to the thread. I searched in the search bar for it and found nothing.
I typed:
cornell 2024
and then clicked titles only. It should be the only thing that comes up.

I typed:
cornell 2024
Found it thanks !!wasn't showing up in the general search. Not that it helped much . They where hearing last year on the 14, 15, 16, and so on haha. But it was also midweek where as were on weekend now. So guess we just have to hang tight. Havent seen anyone here or fb any anything about waitlist movement.

I typed:
cornell 2024
Speaking of which. If there is no ranking are people selected like luck of the draw or do they have ranking but just don't release it.

Speaking of which. If there is no ranking are people selected like luck of the draw or do they have ranking but just don't release it.
I doubt it's random, I know tufts reevaluates everyone rather than rank, so I guess they do that or just don't release rank. I remember someone on here saying they emailed admissions and admissions said that they don't release any info about alternates except when offered a spot.

Got called yesterday with an acceptance offer! I was on the IS waitlist.

Reactions: 8 users
Got called yesterday with an acceptance offer! I was on the IS waitlist.
wow congrats!! maybe this means we will start seeing some movement today. did they happen to tell you any other info about the waitlist?

I am so tempted to call and ask about the waitlist movement but i also don’t wanna be annoying🙃

wow congrats!! maybe this means we will start seeing some movement today. did they happen to tell you any other info about the waitlist?
Honestly I was way too excited about getting the phone call to think about asking, plus I was at work at the time so it wasn’t a very drawn out conversation.
Congrats! Are you accepting the offer?
I will be, so I’m sorry to my fellow alternates that there’s one less seat :/ I’m sure you understand!

Honestly I was way too excited about getting the phone call to think about asking, plus I was at work at the time so it wasn’t a very drawn out conversation.

I will be, so I’m sorry to my fellow alternates that there’s one less seat :/ I’m sure you understand!
Don't be sorry! Congratulations! Enjoy your accomplishment!!

To my knowledge, the waitlist remains unranked even after the decision date
From what I heard from a friend who used to work in admissions, after April 15th they look at how many spots they need to still fill from the people on the waitlist, and they "rank" the people that were on the waitlist. But this is not an official rank so they would never release it to the applicants, it's just for the admissions committee to help them decide who gets called first/ who they would like to have most in their class.

mood today:
Eric Andre GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
not sure if Cornell does them, that’s why i was asking. but basically schools will look over your application and tell you how it could improve
Oh I'm not sure if they do formal reviews but I have met with Jennifer Mailey with questions. I'm sure she would do a review.

You guys, I emailed Jennifer Mailey (Cornell Admissions director) and she said she should have information about the class and alternates early next week! She also mentioned that the list is ranked and that they try to keep a balance of IS and OOS students in the class. More info to come. I of course followed up with asking if we'll ever find out rank out and asked if we'll start seeing movement on the waitlist early to mid next week! Will update you when she replies but it looks like we'll start seeing movement next week!

Reactions: 3 users
You guys, I emailed Jennifer Mailey (Cornell Admissions director) and she said she should have information about the class and alternates early next week! She also mentioned that the list is ranked and that they try to keep a balance of IS and OOS students in the class. More info to come. I of course followed up with asking if we'll ever find out rank out and asked if we'll start seeing movement on the waitlist early to mid next week! Will update you when she replies but it looks like we'll start seeing movement next week!
Gahh so nerve wrecking. Its hard because of course we can't rely on waitlist so have to start enrolling in classes for other schools and stuff but I feel torn if I want to put myself out there and try to make friends in other schools or not yet because there is still hope to hear back XD

any update today?

ahhhh is there any OOS students getting more nervous as the days pass

ahhhh is there any OOS students getting more nervous as the days pass
Yep. Trying to come to terms with the very real possibility of having to reapply. Although Jennifer Mailey did say that she isn't getting info on the class until early this week (yesterday and today) so the list might actually start moving later this week or early next week (this is my own assumption). She only said we could hear up until the end of May about the waitlist. She did also mention that after she sends the email about the class being full that if there are students who wish to remain on the waitlist after the class is full, to let her know, and that spots have opened up as late as July. So the waitlist hasn't really started moving yet! I'm really REALLY hoping we hear soon. I am so tired of waiting :(

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else getting reaaaaaallllyyy tired of waiting and hearing absolutely nothing.........

Reactions: 3 users