Could I get into UOP PreDental Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eh15

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am a senior in high school. GPA is 3.73/4.00
SAT I is 1420 Math 710 Eng 710 Total: 1420
I got lower than 600 on both Math II and Chem so I will not be submitting those.

Could I still get in...
I am interested in UOP's accelerated predental program.

Members don't see this ad.

I got lower than 600 on both Math II and Chem so I will not be submitting those.

Could I still get in...

Hi, I'm a first year dental student at UOP who also went through UOP's undergrad program in Stockton so i'll give you my thoughts.

Your SAT I and GPA numbers are both pretty good, congrats on that. Ideally your SAT II's would be better, but if i was you I wouldn't sweat it too much. Make sure you write a good personal statement and have a teacher/faculty at your school who you trust read it and give you feedback. A great personal statement goes a loooooooooong way. In the grand scheme of things I wouldn't say UOP undergrad is difficult to get into. You have a good shot at getting into Pacific. Also, if UOP is your top choice and you/your parents are ok with the high tuition you could go the Early Decision route to give you are better chance of getting in, its what I did.

Good Luck!

Could I still get in...

I applied for that program a while ago but not be a downer or anything; my gpa was a 3.9/4.00 and my SAT was a 2256 (old scale) and I got a 800 in Math II and Biology Subject tests; I also did Korean but I think that one doesn't really matter. I did volunteering and extra curricular as well so I have no idea what I didn't get in; I'm assuming my essay or personal statement might have been not good enough for them so I suggest focus on that.

To be fair, I am an out of state student so maybe that's why I didn't get in.